Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 03:02 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Having experienced the Vietnam War protests of the late 60's and 70's and the wonderful Democratic Convention riots of 1968 all of these protests are not even worth noting. Idiots stop traffic on the bridge just like Christy's political pets and the police come and straighten things out. No big deal except to some wanna be tyrannical control freaks ready to blame lesser beings for anything.

I'll ignore the protestors as well as the rest of you even though I consider the control freaks a much greater threat to my freedom than any number of "illegal immigrants".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 04:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How could miss the word ILLEGAL?

As a legal immigrant, this is a utter insult to mix us with the illegals!
Agreed and HOW!

It's on the MSM since their kind "lie" by leaving out important facts.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Having experienced the Vietnam War protests of the late 60's and 70's and the wonderful Democratic Convention riots of 1968 all of these protests are not even worth noting. Idiots stop traffic on the bridge just like Christy's political pets and the police come and straighten things out. No big deal except to some wanna be tyrannical control freaks ready to blame lesser beings for anything.

I'll ignore the protestors as well as the rest of you even though I consider the control freaks a much greater threat to my freedom than any number of "illegal immigrants".
Uh; if those illegal aliens were "Muslims"? Tho ALL of their despicable kind need to be kicked out of the US.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
The GWB has (well for now...) open walkways and you can walk from NJ to NYC and vice versa, so they probably just walked right onto the pedestrian part of the bridge.

The cops were on it pretty quickly actually. I'm kind of impressed but the PAPD is pretty no nonsense since 9/11 and terrorism and all.
Thank you for that information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Typical third world country problems. Riots, assaults on cops, corrupt leaders, rigged elections, rising crimes by illegals & refugees. Normal day in a third world country so why is anyone surprised by this?
Why do you think? Because we're turning into a third world country.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:53 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Immigrants or illegal immigrants?

If they are legal, just another publicity stunt, ignore them, arrest them and move on.

If they are illegal? They are enemy invaders, shoot them, and ship them home to their own countries in a body bag.

You don't get to invade a country and then expect to dictate to its people your terms.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:56 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Protestors were demanding "equal rights for immigrants"
Wow! What rights do immigrants not have?

Old 10-26-2016, 05:33 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:

Actually the Christie closures didn't stop traffic entirely like this did, just shut down a lane or two. Not that it makes it okay of course - but Christie didn't chain people along the whole eastbound span of the bridge.

I wonder if you'd still be nonchalant about this protest if you had a family member heading into an NYC hospital for surgery this morning that they then had to miss. Or if you were someone in an emergency situation stuck in an ambulance in the ensuing traffic. It's no big deal - until it is. I'm sure there were at least some people who were more than just a bit inconvenienced and annoyed this morning and who had something pretty bad happen to them because of this - a missed job interview, a missed important meeting, etc.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:38 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Who isn't for legal immigration?? America was built by hard working people who immigrated to our shores to make a better life for themselves and better America.
I'm against legal immigration right now, until we can take care of legal Americans. Close the borders down and don't let anyone in.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:32 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

So illegals are now just "lesser beings"? Americans should have the right to protest on their own soil (not to stop traffic and cause harm to others though) but illegal aliens have no business whatsoever protesting on our soil.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:34 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
ILLEGAL immigrants.

Sheesh they're still trying the old subterfuge with the headlines.

These people should be thankful they can do that in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies