Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 02:15 AM

33,073 posts, read 12,328,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than any other president in American history, and Obama almost deported more immigrants than every other president combined from the 20th century.

Obama has deported more immigrants than any other president. Now he’s running up the score. | Fusion
Obama changed the way deportations are counted, which your left leaning link fails to mention. The Obama administration started counting 'turnbacks' as deportations. Pew published a report that didn't mention the change in methods, nor the number of crossings. Even if the Obama administration counted deportations the way other administrations did, that statistic alone is without context without knowing the number of crossings over the same period. If crossings = way up, then even the traditional way of counting deportations would be way up, but wouldn't help measure effectiveness without knowing the number of crossings.

Obama even admitted the 'manner of counting' had been changed to a roundtable of reporters:

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...tatistics.html

The content in the above link was also mentioned in an L.A. Times article, but I couldn't see beyond the preview on DuckDuckGo, as I've reached my monthly limit with the L.A. Times and it is behind a pay wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 03:42 AM

30,103 posts, read 18,921,258 times
Obama has sucked as President as did George Bush before him. We need a businessman to make some better deals.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Obama has sucked as President as did George Bush before him. We need a businessman to make some better deals.

Deals like refusing to pay his contractors. Deals like buying big properties, running them into the ground, then declaring bankruptcy and walking away with all the proceeds.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:36 AM

803 posts, read 1,664,429 times
I'm not happy with some of his record, but he has managed to get some sh*t done. Over 400 accomplishments are listed here. You're welcome.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:02 AM

2,280 posts, read 1,570,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The reason people believe the corrupt liar-in-chief is because he goes on TV and tells everyone what a huge success he has been, and all of the sheeple believe him, no matter how contrariety the facts may be. His latest BS brag, "Eight years in office and not a single scandal". What a crock of Bull dropping that one is. Or, how about how wonderful obamacare has been? another laugher..!
The woman man is nothing but a corrupt liar who has done great harm to America..
The uncovered truth about Obama's knowledge of her private email and cover-up is so Clinton and a huge scandal.
I can only praise his wife, Michelle for promoting weight loss and a healthy lifestyle.

Barack Obama is NOT presidential in the fact he goes on TV far too much. He makes countless plans to play golf with Tiger Woods and celebrities. WTF is he? A president is not a celebrity !!! The guy is delusional and thinks he is the sh*& and that people will tune whenever he speaks. It shows his arrogance and egoism. Include his wife in there too. Just because he can speak slowly and measure his words does not make him some godly figure.

He is just a normal guy, a one-term senator who got lucky and ran at the right time. I personally think Hillary in 2008 would've done better than him simply because of their international connections. Our forces in IRAQ would not have pulled out so early, and therefore no Benghazi, no ISIS, etc.

Barack's only claim is that he helped LGBT, but not any other group.

FWIW, Trump is no celebrity either. He is just a billionaire businessman like Mark Cuban, Buffet, and many others. While they are admirable for achieving success, hearing them talk on and on about politics loses its power after a while UNLESS they truly make big changes.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:08 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,576,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep you probably do, though if you're gonna take a business man, I'd opt for someone who doesn't make his money through faking bankruptcies, exploiting taxcode loopholes and robbing his contractors and employees of their paychecks as his main source of wealth...
Also something to realize is that for all his "business-savvy", Mr trump has made less money than he would by just depositing his inheritance money in a stock index fund.

Or do you really think he's gonna "make america great again" by not paying government employees and contractors, defaulting on national debt and trying to find "loopholes" in how to be a president? Come on.

In short Trump could be a fast-track to the next global economic crisis.

On foreign policy he wants to either quit NATO or make the other member states of NATO pay the US for participating?
This is going to *********r relationship with most of your European allies quite instantly. This would undo most of the foreign policy the US have conducted with Europe in the last 70 years.

He also wants to make Muslim countries carry the fight against ISIS... The russians, the french, the british, Obama, and the EU combined have tried to make that happen, what makes you think the guy who calls muslims all kinds of things is going to get strongly muslim non-secular countries to be more eager to do his bidding? Come to think of it, I'm fairly sure he'd screw up your relationship with the middle east as well.
Which leaves you with Korea and Japan as the few allies you will have left?

I just realized I can probably keep writing all night but these things alone make Trump a ridiculous candidate to vote for, and I don't even have a stake in all the internal problems Trump might cause for your country, the stuff above is just some of the stuff that concerns the international crowd.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:38 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,588,189 times
people dont think so, liberal media keeps repeating all these talking points that are terrible in reality. thats denial.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Talking OK, I get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
people dont think so, liberal media keeps repeating all these talking points that are terrible in reality. thats denial.

Somebody told you it's all rigged.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:53 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Why do people think Obama is a great president?
Different people have different reasons, but the bottom line is that his approval rating is nearly 60%, which is very high for someone at the end of the last term.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:30 AM

9,154 posts, read 13,184,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Different people have different reasons, but the bottom line is that his approval rating is nearly 60%, which is very high for someone at the end of the last term.
For the life of me, I don't understand why. I literally don't get it.

I voted for Obama in 2008 and for a couple of years defended him sometimes here on CD, especially on foreign policy. But after the last term, I have literally lost all respect for him and find him to be shallow, weak and ineffective in both foreign and domestic affairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies