Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 03:29 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

I think part of the gun grabbers fear is they are terrified of having to actually defend themselves from an armed criminal. They apparently believe harming or killing another human is an unforgivable sin. They fear having to live with the guilt or worse the elation of saving themselves from harm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 04:06 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think part of the gun grabbers fear is they are terrified of having to actually defend themselves from an armed criminal. They apparently believe harming or killing another human is an unforgivable sin. They fear having to live with the guilt or worse the elation of saving themselves from harm.
I actually think they live in a fantasy world and believe that nothing bad will ever happen to them. They will ride away on a unicorn and play in flowers petals with bunnies.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:15 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I actually think they live in a fantasy world and believe that nothing bad will ever happen to them. They will ride away on a unicorn and play in flowers petals with bunnies.

Yes. The phobic are always saying how they go strolling about their cities, even in the worst areas, and have for years, and never even been so much as accosted. Then in the same breath scream about all the violence out there, and call for more gun control to stop it.

So which is it? Are the streets safe? So much so that even the worst areas of town are suitable for a Sunday stroll, or are we all in imminent peril from all those sentient mechanical devices out tbere, just waiting to pounce?

Old 11-03-2016, 09:20 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yes. The phobic are always saying how they go strolling about their cities, even in the worst areas, and have for years, and never even been so much as accosted. Then in the same breath scream about all the violence out there, and call for more gun control to stop it.

So which is it? Are the streets safe? So much so that even the worst areas of town are suitable for a Sunday stroll, or are we all in imminent peril from all those sentient mechanical devices out tbere, just waiting to pounce?

For me I have always tried to live by a simple rule, if you leave me alone; I will leave you alone. I don't care what a person does to them selves; but when you came looking to harm myself of my family; that is when I will want to take your head off.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Running on emotions gets men killed in war....

Same can be said for irrational thought on a tool, used for defense and offense, in the big bad world.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:06 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
For me I have always tried to live by a simple rule, if you leave me alone; I will leave you alone. I don't care what a person does to them selves; but when you came looking to harm myself of my family; that is when I will want to take your head off.
I live by the same rules. I carry a fireafm, and usually some sort of LTL as well. I have been accosted on the street, both by myself and out with my lady, by belligerent drunks, young punks trying to be "cool", all manner of idiots. Carrying a weapon, especially a firearm is an exercise in self control. It's literally the old sticks and stones rule.

Some own an say whatever they feel like. Insult my Mother's honor, question my human lineage, what have you. I won't react. Other than to keep walking. I will however be on red alert. If my lady is with me I will position so as to be able to get her behind me with me between the aggressor and her.

So long as all they do is run their mouth and I/we are allowed to go on our way, it's all good. Block my/our way, and/or lay or attempt to lay hands on, all bets are off. If there is more than one and they are very aggressive, I'm going to assume they also have weapons of some sort, I will go straight to my gun. Especially if someone else is with me who I need to protect. In this case , one aggressor might see me go lethal straight away as well.

I'm not going to take chances. When the threatometer pegs, and someone else is depending on me to keep them safe and whole, no threat can be seen as trivial. Even someone who is obviously falling down intoxicated and of small stature can and will be lethal. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, or worse see a loved one carried thus.

A LTL option that I highly recommend is an extremely powerful flashlight. Like a TacLight or Surefire. They are easy and fast to get into action and can gain you precious (can't emphasize how precious) seconds to get yourself in stand and deliver mode. I'm just very glad I live in a state and municipality that has not made self defense a crime.

With things that have happened in this regard, to both loved ones and myself, I take nothing for granted. I'm ready, wherever we go and whenever we go there. I've noticed that open carry is becoming quite popular here. I see more and more people with firearms on their belts, both men and women. Over the last couple of years, since our last encounter, strong arm crime incidents have plummeted . Only in the worst metro areas do we ever hear about shootings and other violent crime. However, we don't relax being vigilant. My lady was attacked in the parking lot at her work coming home early from a Graveyard shift the last time we had an encounter. She successfuly defended herself, but it went to show that things can happen anywhere. We can't depend on the police to be there when needed, they aren't omnipitent, a d in 99.99% of cases we have only ourselves to rely on if we want to live.

People are beginning to wise up to this. That's why gun control measures have and are losing support. Folks understand more and more that being armed and prepared is our best option for personal security. The tactic of showcasing scary looking black rifles and demonizing gun owners is not working anymore. This is a VERY good thing.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:11 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,893 times
Backkkk in my day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjdpoqITXk

Old 11-06-2016, 09:49 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Why? Because people realize how stupid assault weapons bans are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies