Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 11:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Who said it is a conspiracy? LOL

And that's what you got out of the entire post. Why am I not surprised.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:59 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you feel he is a father in respect to having a relationship but not a father in respect to having obligations. You feel a parent should have all the parental rights with none of the parental responsibly. Interesting.

I feel they go hand in hand.
Yes I feel the FINANCIAL obligation belongs to the bio father and mother. You are damned right I believe so.

My brother is married to a woman who has two boys from previous marriage. He is paying for these two boys' private education because the bio dad is nowhere to be found. He does this because he wants to. He legally adopted the children because he wanted to. My sister in law did not lie to him, see the difference?

Contract fraud occurs when one party in a contract presents information to another that is incorrect, deceitful, or meant to confuse. Fraudulent misrepresented contract should never be honored.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-28-2016 at 12:18 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
And that's what you got out of the entire post. Why am I not surprised.
b.s. Believe all you want.

It seems like you believe even the Fraudulent misrepresented contract should be honored. Why am I not surprised.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-28-2016 at 12:31 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Why? Adoption again. We allow the biological dad and mom off the hook. Fosters, we allow the bio dad and mom of the hook.

You think a man is going to resent his kids because he has to kick in 30% of his income to help provide the basics and that's the last thing you want? Kids not having the basics isn't the last thing your want?

What about the kids resentment for the person they loved and called daddy saying meh, live in the street, eat worms, but I still want to see you. I love you but don't care if your hungry or if you get to go on that field trip, or play ball, I'm keeping that 700/month (which sounds excessive to me for one child) because your mom betrayed me. No resentment or therapy there.
Well, you are now saying you understand and can predict how everybody's emotion works. You are one stubborn lady.

I am saying i don't know what will go through a man's head when he finds out he is not the biological father of the child.

I said

If he WANTED to stay, good for him

If he doesn't want to stay, he shouldn't be obligated to pay.

The choice should be HIS to make, not you, not me, not the court, not the government.

well, lucky for you, the current legal system agrees with YOU, not me. But I have to judge the man with my own emotion and feeling, my heart goes out to him. He didn't do anything wrong, he is screwed. He married to an unfaithful woman (she might even be a calculating vindictive one, this is of course just my assumption.)

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-28-2016 at 12:21 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 12:06 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Why? Adoption again.
Adoption involves a contractual agreement with full knowledge that the kid you're taking on is not yours. This is an extremely important detail!

Old 10-28-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Adoption involves a contractual agreement with full knowledge that the kid you're taking on is not yours. This is an extremely important detail!

Yes I get that. It also involves a contractual agreement that you accept paternity based on what you know to be true. The responsibility to verify truth and accept information as truth is on you.

Signing a birth certificate involves a contractual agreement that you accept paternity based on what you know to be true. The responsibility to verify truth and accept information as truth is on you.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:30 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Did he sign a document saying he accepted paternity?

Yes it all is a slippery slope and every case has different circumstances. That's what the job of a judge is. To determine. Often based on the best interest of the child and not necessarily fairness.

If I were judging IDK. If they guy was there at birth through 10 years and that child knew him as Dad and the only Dad, yeah maybe I would rule he had full parental rights and responsibilities even though they were not married or it was not his biological child. If he moved in when the kids were older, maybe not. None of it is black and white IMO. Like I said I wouldn't not want the job of a Judge.

What if this imaginary boyfriend paid CS voluntarily or wasn't asked or forced to but wanted visitation and continued relationship with said kid. Should he be granted that?

Boyfriend is on no paternity documents, there is no bio dad to be found or bio dad is a nonpaying loser (common enough), boyfriend was long term live-in and raised the kid with mom. I say he has NO rights and NO responsibilities when relationship with girlfriend/mom is over. Mom decides if man can continue relationship with kid, man then decides if he wants to contribute any money voluntarily (not as legal support) and/or see the kid. I think the guy would be stupid, once he starts giving money the law could see it as support that could be enforced and continued for "best interest of the child". It is often better and safer to sever the relationship which is sad but the judicial system cannot be trusted.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Signing a birth certificate involves a contractual agreement that you accept paternity based on what you know to be true. The responsibility to verify truth and accept information as truth is on you.
Wrong.

Contract fraud occurs when one party in a contract presents information to another that is incorrect, deceitful, or meant to confuse. Fraudulent misrepresented contract should never be honored. The woman is the one who is the wrongdoer here. What you are doing here is blaming the victim.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, you are now saying you understand and can predict how everybody's emotion works. You are one stubborn lady.

I am saying i don't know what will go through a man's head when he finds out he is not the biological father of the child.

I said

If he WANTED to stay, good for him

If he doesn't want to stay, he shouldn't be obligated to pay.

The choice should be HIS to make, not you, not me, not the court, not the government.

well, lucky for you, the current legal system agrees with YOU, not me. But I have to judge the man with my own emotion and feeling, my heart goes out to him. He didn't do anything wrong, he is screwed. He married to an unfaithful woman (she might even be a calculating vindictive one, this is of course just my assumption.)

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I did not say that.

I don't see how its lucky for me anything. You seem to be the one with a personal investment in this. I have merely been stating my opinion.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Please stop putting words in my mouth. I did not say that.

I don't see how its lucky for me anything. You seem to be the one with a personal investment in this. I have merely been stating my opinion.
I also just merely have been stating my opinion.

Let's stop this whole "personl investment" b.s. shall we?

You and i both contributed similar amount of posts in this thread.

I sure didn't accuse you of "personal investment in this" LOL

Lucky is just a figure of speech, meaning, the legal system agrees with you, not me. That is all, no more no less.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will say this though, if this man knew the child was not biologically his and still decided to sign the birth certificate, I would say yes, he would be financially obligated for the child till the child turns 18

But if DNA confirmed he entered a fraudulent contract, then the court should go after the woman, not him. Unfortunately this is not how our current legal system works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies