Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2016, 10:45 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times

Advertisements

This program was rushed thru and not even read by the Democratic Supper Majority! Every year the cost goes up and so does the deductibles. Insurance companies are dropping out and the Feds and the IRS fine people for opting out.

So much for Freedom of Choice that Obama and Hrc promised. Even Bill Clinton said it was a bad plan!

The Ultimate Lie by Obama and Clinton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 10:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks for your kind post. As illustrated in the post below, you're right in saying some people just don't get it.

I'm thinking of someone from my church, and I just plugged in her information, which I'm only aware of because she asked for my help with going into and understanding her options in the marketplace last year.

Three years ago, it cost her $125 a month for coverage through her employer, who has since dropped insurance for employees. In 2017 it will cost her $617 a month, will be another $150 a month for a drug they no longer cover, will cost her $33 every other month for her doctors visit, and $90 a month for other drugs that they now charge for that they didn't a few years ago.

Her monthly medical expense has gone from $125 a month with an additional $15 every other month for a doctor visit, to $857 or $890, depending on the month, due to the doctor visit.

"The poor" for a female her age in our area, cuts off at $47K a year. No subsidy if you're a single woman in our area making $48K a year. She doesn't get a subsidy.

I'm sure you believe that both $47k a year and $48K a year puts someone in the middle class because something you read says so, but try paying a mortgage, property taxes, medical expenses on top of a monthly premium in excess of $600, along with other living expenses, and you're not anywhere near middle class and have little to put away for retirement.

The same can be said for families trying to save for kids college and retirement.

Let the government stop the illegals from entering the country, say no to any *refugees* and find the money that way instead of bleeding those in the middle.

And I couldn't care less what Hillary says - she's a liar.
I consider $47k a year the low end middle class or working poor. They make too much to get help but not enough to pay for their needs. It will get worse if she gets sick. I'm helping an elderly woman (who worked and paid taxes) who is widowed and had a stroke who now receives $25k a year. She managed before her stoke because her mortgage is paid off but once the medical bills piled on she can't do it. $25k a year and she still does not qualify for help. There is a lot of people who don't realize the train wreck is coming and if they did and tried to save by working 2 jobs as their income climbs the government takes away.

Amazing isn't it? Yet we are paying for illegals to come here. When does the insanity stop?

Old 10-30-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
If they're "not even middle class" then they're the ones you're advocating disregard for and the ones I am advocating for. If they're not actually poor, and you're just trying to call them poor to serve your personal narrative on the situation, then that's on you.
That's your problem, you advocate for the poor with tunnel vision and can't see how the very people who are paying the bill are unable to continue. Sooner or later the bottom will drop out and now I'm going to contribute. You can't expect the other people to cary a load that is too heavy. You're trying to bleed a rock. Since Obamacare premiums are way too high to make sense, this insanity has to end. I'm dropping insurance for the first time in my life.

At these monthly premiums and ridiculously high deductibles, the numbers don't make sense and I am self insuring.

Last edited by petch751; 10-30-2016 at 11:06 AM..

Old 10-30-2016, 10:56 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There is no such thing as 100% in life... such that a number close to 100% is virtually so...
86% isn't close enough to ignore adding a qualifier like 'most', such as in 'most of those in the exchange are subsidized'.

You wrote:

Quote:
those in the exchange are subsidize by middle class America, which means not only are you paying for your increased premiums but also the deadbeat that is subsidized by Obamacare... those who are subsidize won't have to worry because they are not even paying for their own healthcare which is the true point of the article... Hillary liberals can't even get the facts straight...
You're giving the impression that everyone purchasing through the exchange are subsidized, and I simply noted that not everyone is. If you don't like my clarification, tough. And the word is 'subsidized' with a 'd', not subsidize.

Quote:
You missed the entire point of what I wrote. I'll simplify it for you... if you want to actually contradict what I wrote then:

1) Prove why it is more moral to shift more risk of early death back onto the poor; or
2) Prove that a greater portion of the the middle class incurs a greater risk of early death from this than the poor.

You're uncomfortable because I highlighted how what you're saying is morally offensive. That's understandable. If you disagree with my assessment, then explain why, by doing what I suggested above.

I don't have to prove anything. I never stated either thing, therefore, there is nothing for me to prove.

So you think my statement of squeezing the middle class so they're struggling, in an effort to subsidize the poor, isn't the way to go, and the government should find another way to do this, is "morally offensive"?

I'm not at all uncomfortable, because there's nothing morally offensive about what I said.

The fact that you think saying 'find a different way to do this' throws them under the bus and is morally offensive, is odd, and I have to conclude the reason you say this is because you believe the middle class SHOULD suffer. That's the solution you find acceptable.

That's not only throwing the middle class under the bus and is morally reprehensible, it's SICK.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:

So let's fix that, and fix it without throwing even poorer people under the bus. Do it some other way, because throwing even poorer people under the bus is immoral.
Quote:
And stop with your b.s. that I threw the poor under the bus. You're twisting what I said to fit YOUR narrative.
MPowering1 ... bUU is using drama as a tactic in an attempt to shame you into compliance or into silence. The problem for them is they are trying to bleed a rock. What bUU refuses to understand is that if people can't afford Obamacare, they can't afford it regardless of the tactic they use.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I consider $47k a year the low end middle class or working poor. They make too much to get help but not enough to pay for their needs. It will get worse if she gets sick. I'm helping an elderly woman (who worked and paid taxes) who is widowed and had a stroke who now receives $25k a year. She managed before her stoke because her mortgage is paid off but once the medical bills piled on she can't do it. $25k a year and she still does not qualify for help. There is a lot of people who don't realize the train wreck is coming and if they did and tried to save by working 2 jobs as their income climbs the government takes away.

Amazing isn't it? Yet we are paying for illegals to come here. When does the insanity stop?

It's disturbing to me that an entire group of people are being overlooked and worse, burdened, with nobody advocating for them or even acknowledging what's happening.

And of course BUU didn't even acknowledge this post, because she is so fixated on the poorest of the poor, she can't straight. It's as though she's among that group and fearful someone is trying to pry her subsidy out of her little hands, and that's not the case. Find another way, and stop squeezing people who don't have a drop left to squeeze.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This program was rushed thru and not even read by the Democratic Supper Majority! Every year the cost goes up and so does the deductibles. Insurance companies are dropping out and the Feds and the IRS fine people for opting out.

So much for Freedom of Choice that Obama and Hrc promised. Even Bill Clinton said it was a bad plan!

The Ultimate Lie by Obama and Clinton!
The Obamacare disaster is 100% the fault of Democrats who ignored the warnings even mocking anyone who spoke out now the American people are really getting hurt.

Last edited by petch751; 10-30-2016 at 11:20 AM..

Old 10-30-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
It's disturbing to me that an entire group of people are being overlooked and worse, burdened, with nobody advocating for them or even acknowledging what's happening.

And of course BUU didn't even acknowledge this post, because she is so fixated on the poorest of the poor, she can't straight. It's as though she's among that group and fearful someone is trying to pry her subsidy out of her little hands, and that's not the case. Find another way, and stop squeezing people who don't have a drop left to squeeze.
And that is why the elite want more illegals <sarcasm>. More people taking and advocating fearful that someone is trying to pry government help out of their little hands. The rich elitist and the poor banding together to take from the middle class. More and more people will be forced to drop out but hey at least the poor will be insured <sarcasm>

I believe Trump, although not perfect, is advocating for them but the media is doing everything they can to drown him out. The middle class who think Hillary will help is shooting themselves in the foot.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
MPowering1 ... bUU is using drama as a tactic in an attempt to shame you into compliance or into silence. The problem for them is they are trying to bleed a rock. What bUU refuses to understand is that if people can't afford Obamacare, they can't afford it regardless of the tactic they use.
I agree with you, but BUU is the one who should be ashamed, by implying I posted something I didn't post, ignoring facts, and banging the same stupid drum over and over.

And not even an intelligent argument - just 'prove statements you didn't make are true'.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:19 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:

I find it interesting that the "uninsured low-wage worker" is burdened with the obligation to comply with (i.e. pay in order to meet) the individual mandate, while their employers apparently successfully dodged the employer mandate.

The average middle class employee would probably find a different employer than work for an employer that did not provide coverage, because the middle class has become accustomed to taking that benefit for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies