Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 03:11 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times

Advertisements

I've got a question about affirmative consent:

In her article here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ape-laws-worse

--Megan McArdle provides an interesting scenario about hand-holding.

Now, my question here is this: How exactly is one supposed to avoid this risk under an affirmative consent standard? By asking *every single time* whether or not it's OK to hold your significant other's hand (or to hug your SO, or to kiss your SO, et cetera)?

If so, wouldn't that be *extremely* tedious and thus *completely* impractical?

Any thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 03:30 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I've got a question about affirmative consent:

In her article here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...ape-laws-worse

--Megan McArdle provides an interesting scenario about hand-holding.

Now, my question here is this: How exactly is one supposed to avoid this risk under an affirmative consent standard? By asking *every single time* whether or not it's OK to hold your significant other's hand (or to hug your SO, or to kiss your SO, et cetera)?

If so, wouldn't that be *extremely* tedious and thus *completely* impractical?

Any thoughts on this?
What I learned on this board after the Trump/Billy Bush tape is that every physical contact in your entire life requires a written consent form to be filled out in triplicate. One copy for you, one for the other person, and the last copy for the government.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:56 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What I learned on this board after the Trump/Billy Bush tape is that every physical contact in your entire life requires a written consent form to be filled out in triplicate. One copy for you, one for the other person, and the last copy for the government.
Honestly, I fear that affirmative consent supporters really didn't fully think through what they were doing.

Old 10-30-2016, 04:36 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
This stuff is so obviously nuts that it seems foolish to dignify it with serious discussion.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
I avoid the whole issue by following the tenets of MGTOW.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:15 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
More PC nonsense and further proof of how feminazis have emasculated males in our country.

Groping and kissing and having your way with women doesn't require permission, are we living in some weird twilight zone? Sheesh.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:40 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Someone mentioned most of the men would never have met and married their wives if it hadn't been for "unwanted advances" and "kissing without affirmative consent."

Old 10-30-2016, 11:21 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post

Any thoughts on this?
Yeah, avoid American women.

Plenty of other nationalities of women in the world that are not going to file a police report, resulting in you being prosecuted, loosing your job, house, career and piling up huge debts all because you touched the now complaining woman's hand 2 weeks ago when you both were on a romantic date together.

You could leave women altogether. But I'm doubting most guys can go that far. So, just mess with non-American women (at least that is one option). But whatever path or option one takes, if you're dude and trying to be "reasonable" and "cool" and "patriotic" and mess with some American raised woman who files charges on you, and you lose everything, including your own child and dog, don't come crying to me.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:29 AM

7,811 posts, read 6,389,279 times
Something like this will only be used to prosecute men. It's going to be nearly impossible to avoid contact with a woman with all of the weight these feminists are gaining.

Old 10-30-2016, 11:36 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't know about you, but I'm not in the habit of casually grabbing some woman's crotch that I just met where do all these sue and cop happy women live that you guys complain about? I never seen it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies