Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 06:09 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
They asked for a smartphone. They also asked for alternatives.
They were denied the phone because of security issues. She had alternatives, just not the ones she wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 06:10 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
She both sent and received these emails. Part of her job and the job of her staff is to identify, classify and use the proper protocols for handling classified information. The mundane stuff arguably could be considered a mistake but the Top Secret/SAP is no mistake. Furthermore not only did she continue to use her Blackberry after being warned about it but did so in hostile environments overseas.

You could only draw to conclusions from this. Either Clinton and her staff are all complete morons or they did it for their own selfish reasons. Which is it?
She responded to forwarded emails. There is not one classified email that she generated by her on that server.

As noted many times- she did not deal with classified information with her blackberry...to her knowledge...which is how this happened. She only used the closed system when receiving properly classified documents and sending properly classified documents when abroad. When in Washington it was hard copy according to testimony in the Comey and Benghazi hearings.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
he could use the hrc defense
And I would think it fitting. If there is something in his emails that he missed I doubt it was a sinister plot on this part.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
She responded to forwarded emails.
Even if we were to assume this is true it doesn't matter. Part of her job and the job of her staff is identify and classify information.
Quote:
For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).

None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.

Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.
Quote:
There is not one classified email that she generated by her on that server.
Reference?

Old 11-05-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Even if we were to assume this is true it doesn't matter. Part of her job and the job of her staff is indetify and classify information.
Oh come on. She was in 122 countries in 4 years. Think about the last time you went overseas for work. You know darn well how hard it is. She was dealing with embassies and diplomats all over the world with chaos erupting all over the place and doing a job that was basically 24/7 sitting on a department of thousand +. She just shouldn't have used the private server and blackberry at all. There is no way any person could have kept that kind of tract of that kind of thing on the go as SOS.

Quote:
Reference?
The Comey hearings. I've already told you this. Listen to them and the Benghazi hearings. The clips I inserted some pages back may have noted it, but it's worth the time to get the full picture.Certainly don't take my word.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Oh come on. She was in 122 countries in 4 years. Think about the last time you went overseas for work. You know darn well how hard it is. She was dealing with embassies and diplomats all over the world with chaos erupting all over the place and doing a job that was basically 24/7 sitting on a department of thousand +. She just shouldn't have used the private server and blackberry at all. There is no way any person could have kept that kind of tract of that kind of thing on the go as SOS.
What you are saying is she was not qualified to do her job and I would have to agree with that. This is part of her job and the job of her staff. Arguably the mundane stuff could be a mistake however the Top Secret/SAP material is no mistake. On top of that she herself put herself into this position by choosing to use a private server. As I said before you can only draw two conclusions from her action and the actions the actions her staff. They are either complete idiots or did it for their own selfish reasons. Which is it?

Quote:
The Comey hearings. I've already told you this. Listen to them and the Benghazi hearings. The clips I inserted some pages back may have noted it, but it's worth the time to get the full picture.Certainly don't take my word.
I'm not going to watch hours of video. What you said specifically was that no classified material originated from her, where is the reference for this.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:49 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
I have said before that everyone in DC will have more then one email address. Before I retired I had a work email and a couple of others.

The problem is that you wind up talking to friends from work on all your emails.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
What you are saying is she was not qualified to do her job and I would have to agree with that. This is part of her job and the job of her staff. Arguably the mundane stuff could be a mistake however the Top Secret/SAP material is no mistake. On top of that she herself put herself into this position by choosing to use a private server. As I said before you can only draw two conclusions from her action and the actions the actions her staff. They are either complete idiots or did it for their own selfish reasons. Which is it?

I'm not going to watch hours of video. What you said specifically was that no classified material originated from her, where is the reference for this.
Oh please. This is pointless. A group of people following a birther anti-vaxxer calling Hillary an idiot. And I don't understand how you can have an opinion on the matter without at least listening to the Comey hearings. I must go. My dh is giving me a hard time for arguing with strangers on the net. Stop typing he says!

Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 PM

3,329 posts, read 1,961,326 times
Quote:
"The man who has promised to lead the investigations of Hillary Clinton if she wins the White House, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) is under new scrutiny for his potential use of an illegal private email server."

He snidely stated during the comey hearings that confess are not subject to fed information act (they voted themselves out of it) but ". Chaffetz sits on the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations, which has jurisdiction over “internal and homeland security,” among other things."

He has security clearance up the wazoo. Let's hope he was as careful with classified documents as Hillary.

GOP Rep. Jason Chaffetz Reported To FBI For Using Potential Illegal Private Email Server
Cassie Fay, I herby indict you for being a ham sandwich.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:21 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Hillary told audiences at her secret speeches that security in foreign countries was of such high concern that she and others left all their electronic devices on the plane in special boxes, with batteries removed [fib]. You're telling us she used her blackberry in foreign countries, but she was so she didn't know what she was doing [silly]. The truth is she knew what she was doing and didn't care.

Last edited by jazzarama; 11-05-2016 at 08:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies