Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 07:01 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Must be a real beeyitch having to live with liberals for jobs you want to work and variety of things to do. What's a matter with those conservative slackers, no good jobs or variety of things to do?

Must be a beeyitch to be so ignorant to think that only liberals provide jobs and variety of things to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 07:11 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Must be a beeyitch to be so ignorant to think that only liberals provide jobs and variety of things to do.

no- job creators run on both sides of the fence-- everything runs on both sides of the fence- good and bad- - so who started pointing a finger??

Old 11-06-2016, 07:19 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
This thread effectively sums up why I feel like the world has become a pit of vitriol. Us vs. them rules the day. I see the people around me becoming less and less tolerant of others, regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum. Liberals insulting Conservatives. Conservatives insulting Liberals. Declaring any political affiliation whatsoever makes one a target for people who have either forgotten or never learned how to exercise civility. And the comments are so personal and demeaning! We don't discuss issues; we just cast aspersions. Even on my neighborhood social network, where people actually know each other face-to-face and you'd think everyone would know better, I see incredibly poor manners. Why are people behaving this way? It's all terribly unsettling and disappointing. Not funny at all. Just very, very sad.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
What is the point of this post? Just to take a shot at "left-wing" people?
If there is another point its well hidden..

Konald you think this is a preferable demographic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YPYRaeTW0

Old 11-06-2016, 07:33 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I live in a fairly conservative small blue collar town. Most women here don't wear much makeup, don't really do their hair beyond simple styles, and are often in jeans and t-shirts. Easy going? Yeah. Tolerant? Not even close. I'm a left leaning independent who refuses to believe Hillary is Satan incarnate and I don't go to church. I've had plenty of nasty things said to me and have lost "friends" because if I don't go to church and don't hate Democrats then something must be wrong with me.

In fact I've been hesitant to be open with my personal views and opinions on things even when asked because I don't want to deal with the potential backlash. I have a handful of people I can talk to but beyond that many are not tolerant of opposing beliefs.
It is you that is not tolerant of opposing beliefs. Your post above positively smacks of it.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I can live just about anywhere because with the exception of a few people on the whole planet I do not care for or about anyone. I learned this in 'Nam where one more death "Don't mean nothin' don't make no matter."

OP - so move yourself to a redneck paradise somewhere in flyover country where most are on some form of farm or gasohol welfare system.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It is you that is not tolerant of opposing beliefs. Your post above positively smacks of it.
That's not intolerance. It's fear, and many of us are feeling the same way. I absolutely cannot sleep. I'm up in the middle of the night my mind racing with anxiety, because whatever happens on Nov. 8th, I feel like it's going to set off a firestorm among the diehards.

Last edited by randomparent; 11-06-2016 at 07:45 AM..

Old 11-06-2016, 07:58 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
That's not intolerance. It's fear, and many of us are feeling the same way. I absolutely cannot sleep. I'm up in the middle of the night my mind racing with anxiety, because whatever happens on Nov. 8th, I feel like it's going to set off a firestorm among the diehards.
Barack Obama and the left have used their divisive political correctness agenda not only to attack and infuriate their opponents, they have used it to inflame and enrage their own supporters, who they knowingly and intentionally set out to pit against each other.

The rage and hostility that we see engulfing our country right now has been carefully cultivated and nurtured by Obama and the left, because they believe this is an effective way for them to empower themselves - at the expense of the American people.

Barack Obama is the most effective enemy our country has ever faced, hands-down, case-closed, game-over. He really is.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:11 AM

Your hyperbolic comments are exactly the sentiments I fear will lead to violence going forward after the election.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:28 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You must live in a terrible neighborhood to be that worried about the election results. No matter who wins nothing will happen here, I have zero concerns about my or my families safety. You must live in a diverse, liberal area filled with people just waiting for an excuse to riot.

If Trump wins people here will mostly be fine with it and go on with their lives.
If Hillary wins people will ***** and moan, but a few more guns and cases of ammunition and go on with their lives.

The thought of violence 1,000 2,000 3,000 miles away when democrats don't get their way doesn't keep me up at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies