Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 08:49 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I don't hate Donald Trump; he's just a man. I am afraid of the popular sentiment that has allowed his rise and what it means for our nation's future. I'll be quite honest here: I cannot sleep, because my mind is racing with what is facing us in the aftermath of the election. I see an breakdown of civility and tolerance that feels very threatening. I simply do not feel safe, and it's changed the way I interact with the world. I am normally a very gregarious person, who enjoys socializing with others, and I've retreated into myself. I honestly think the country has lost its ever-loving mind, and I'm not sure we can every truly recover. Anyone who knows me personally would find this overwhelming negativity extraordinarily uncharacteristic of me.
This also is true with the rise of Hillary.

It's insane that she has this much support.

The fact that these two screwballs are the candidates doesn't give me much hope for our political future.

In Texas, it was practically a foregone conclusion that Clayton Williams would be elected governor, and then a person came forward and said that sitting around an actual campfire Clayton made the comment "Rape is like the weather, if it's inevitable, you should sit back and enjoy it." (I'm probably off on the wording a tiny bit).

The people of Texas voted that such a joke was in bad taste and hurtful to so many people was unacceptable. He didn't get to unpack his bags in the governor's mansion.

Now, people will put up with anything as long as that person is on their team.

Sad.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:54 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

The fact that these two screwballs are the candidates doesn't give me much hope for our political future.

In Texas, it was practically a foregone conclusion that Clayton Williams would be elected governor, and then a person came forward and said that sitting around an actual campfire Clayton made the comment "Rape is that the weather, if it's inevitable, you should sit back and enjoy it." (I'm probably off on the wording a tiny bit).

The people of Texas voted that such a joke was in bad taste and hurtful to so many people was unacceptable. He didn't get to unpack his bags in the governor's mansion.

Sad.
It's funny how one candidate says one wrong thing and their career in politics is ruined

and Trump says countless wrong, stupid things and lies and is so close to being elected.

Some people have been fooled by Trump, but he has ruined his brand name which is what a lot of his fortune is tied to.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:54 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Clinton raped a woman but thats no problem.
Ted Kennedy could have saved a woman's life but was more concerned about himself, but thats no problem.
John Kennedy had prostitutes in the white house but thats no problem.
Two wrongs don't make a right! Nor three! What sort of standards are these when we dismiss wrong doing simply because others also do wrong?

No doubt "women problems" can be serious for many men, even "holy" men, but even if we accept that womanizing is not necessarily a disqualification when it comes to what really matters when it comes to being POTUS, Trump is simply no Clinton or Kennedy. More like a reality TV host if you ask me...

Old 11-06-2016, 09:01 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Media brain washing.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
It's funny how one candidate says one wrong thing and their career in politics is ruined

and Trump says countless wrong, stupid things and lies and is so close to being elected.

Some people have been fooled by Trump, but he has ruined his brand name which is what a lot of his fortune is tied to.
I'm amazed that people support Trump, and I'm amazed people support Hillary.

He is an egomaniac that says dumb things, is impulsive and a reactionary. These aren't good traits for POTUS.

Then you have Hillary, who is a blatant liar, criminal and elitist. She isn't qualified as well.

We have two HIRRIBLE candidates, and one will win.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:04 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

In Texas, it was practically a foregone conclusion that Clayton Williams would be elected governor, and then a person came forward and said that sitting around an actual campfire Clayton made the comment "Rape is like the weather, if it's inevitable, you should sit back and enjoy it." (I'm probably off on the wording a tiny bit).

Sad.
Have you looked at Hillary's resume? I mean really looked at it?

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/...nt-be-starker/

"Media brainwashing" or just looking at the facts objectively? Depends on who you ask I suppose...

Old 11-06-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im not going to respond with BS about his personal character.

Economic

Moody's predicts Clinton would create 10.4 million jobs with the policies she plans to put in place.

Trump would have a negative effect, and 3.5 million would lose their jobs.

That is a 13.7 million job swing.

That alone should be enough for you to vote for Hillary.

https://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/d...c-Policies.pdf

Justice Department Investigating Moody
Moody’s, a division of Moody’s Corp., and S&P, a unit of McGraw Hill Financial Inc., gave triple-A ratings to those mortgage deals, making it possible for even conservative investors to buy securities backed by subprime loans that later turned out to be risky. When the housing market collapsed, losses on those bonds spread everywhere and deepened the crisis, costing investors billions of dollars.

That alone should put that crap to rest.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

"Media brainwashing" or just looking at the facts objectively? Depends on who you ask I suppose...
She is as crooked as the day is long. She has no business being in the WH.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:15 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
What I don't get is how the religious people can vote for him, they see him doing and saying ungodly things and still plan to vote for him.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

ROTFLMAO....

From her home base.

It only shows me what kind of *bleeps* support HRC. To their credit , they said their supporters were in great need.
And as I’ve mentioned, we’ve all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly. This problem demands some serious, serious thinking – and not just poll driven, demographically-inspired messaging.

Podesta

That it what he is saying about -> you.

Now if someone had objectively decided to put a list of HRC accomplishments with Trump , I am sure you could look what HRC was doing compared to Trump running his business.

I'd also be glad to look at scandals side by side...more than happy. Lets put the Trump U against the under the table 1 million dollar grants from Qatar...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies