Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 09:50 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,890,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Sex and death by police officer, are not even in the same ball park.
Very true, for the most part, sex isn't illegal, while those being killed by police officers preforming their duties, are usually committing a crime or they wouldn't be in a position to be killed. Had all of those poor, pathetic individuals who met with a premature demise had been home watching church services on TV, not only would they be better off, but society in general would be far better off..
There are some bad cops, there is a percentage of bad people in every profession. Take politics for example. Our government is currently overrun with corruption at the very top, including obama, clinton, and oh so many more.
Once we elect Trump we can begin to clean out the corrupt government, bring back jobs to the inner city, and promote the racial harmony that obama has worked so hard to destroy.
Take the race dividers out of the equation and we can begin to grow and heal again. I look foreword to that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 09:54 AM

29,460 posts, read 16,400,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Very true, for the most part, sex isn't illegal, while those being killed by police officers preforming their duties, are usually committing a crime or they wouldn't be in a position to be killed. Had all of those poor, pathetic individuals who met with a premature demise had been home watching church services on TV, not only would they be better off, but society in general would be far better off..
There are some bad cops, there is a percentage of bad people in every profession. Take politics for example. Our government is currently overrun with corruption at the very top, including obama, clinton, and oh so many more.
Once we elect Trump we can begin to clean out the corrupt government, bring back jobs to the inner city, and promote the racial harmony that obama has worked so hard to destroy.
Take the race dividers out of the equation and we can begin to grow and heal again. I look foreword to that day.

If you can admit there are bad officers, then why even make this word wall of hyperbole ???

Also, there is not a single economist that I have seen who claims Trump will create more jobs than Clinton.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:07 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,775,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This post makes no sense.
I agree. And would extend it: none of these posts make any sense to me. Everyone has his opinion about BLM which nothing said here can change because it means different things to different people.

Especially different for those on the inside looking out vs. those on the outside looking in.

Specific events, like Chicago or Ferguson, people can argue about because things actually happened. But hypotheticals about BLM inevitably wind up as discussions dispersing like smoke, with nothing settled.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:09 AM

50,402 posts, read 23,978,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinkChink View Post
BECAUSE in the 'hood thats what they are. I pray you never enter a locker room full of Colored athletes. You would be horrified @ the LEWD talk. Then when you realize how much money they make you would say LETS GET IT ON BROTHA............................................ ..............lol.
Apparently it would be similar if Donald and Rudy were in there as well.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:11 AM

50,402 posts, read 23,978,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
What a twisted view on society and life you are carrying around. obama is responsible for the great racial divide in this country, which has deteriorated 100 fold since he took office and began his crusade to divide America. You are a product of his efforts. Very sad indeed.
Trump will bring America back together again, and the terrorist organization BLM will be extinguished.
If you truly care about blacks, America, and racial unity, do your part and vote for Donald Trump.
Oh, and lose that attitude, it isn't helping your cause..
No, when Obama was elected the racists came out of the woodwork.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:39 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,474,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
There they go again. White people sticking their nose where they don't belong.
There they go again. Black people mouthing off when they should be quiet.

Try that on for size and see how utterly idiotic and prejudiced the things you say sound to others.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:16 PM

296 posts, read 231,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
There they go again. White people sticking their nose where they don't belong.
It's being thrown in our face, we're not sticking our noses anywhere.

I'd rather not see it, ever.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:40 PM

3,638 posts, read 3,763,444 times
As a woman and a parent, it IS my business.

When hip-hop/rap first came out and my kids liked it, I made them analyze the lyrics and attempt to justify them in their personal world. At the time there was also an interview with three or four rappers, and Dr. Dre was on it. He laughed when asked if he spoke to his wife the way many lyrics described. He said something about 'no way and there would be trouble if he did.' That interview helped my kids see it was all a gimmick.

Now some of my grandkids are old enough to make choices about what kinds of entertainment they consume. They have to go through the same process their parents did.

I don't just do this with rap. I encourage people to make knowledgeable choices about what they invest time in.

I can't imagine how the women in the videos were raised. They missed out on some things I value, IMO.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:01 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,023,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Why is it that whenever BLM comes up on a thread, there's always this immediate equivalence of Black=Rapper, or Black=Criminal. There are a whole lot of Black people in this country who would just like to be able to walk down the street without getting shot in the head by the police or some whack job like that dude in Florida who killed Trayvon Martin, a teenager just walking down the street, minding his own business.

"Black Lives Matter" doesn't mean that White or Asian or Latino lives don't matter. It just means "Black Lives Matter, Too," since white America apparently hasn't yet gotten the memo.
Kinda like white people in america would love to be able to drive or walk in certain parts of any major city w/o getting assaulted, or be able to go to an mall and not be subject to hood rat behavior; OR not having to kowtow to black PC , where it's taboo to say, think, or do anything that has the audacity to imply blacks aren't near perfect beings, lest you be called all sort of things. BTW While GZ is a despicable person, TM was no innocent angel (Sorry it's racist to say that)

Blacks are perfect!! Blacks are perfect!! There I said it. HAPPY NOW? For such a supposedly "strong, proud" culture you all still **** and moan a lot, and need all sorts of "safe spaces" where you all can cuss out YT. Oh btw the next time a black hood rat fights fair, will be the first time that happens!! Quit crying -blacks hold all the cards now.
Blacks in the US have pretty much free reign to think, say, or do as they choose. Any pushback, and you all can just sue for discrimination, cry racism (and everyone caves in) threaten mob violence (cause God forbid black culture try any other method first) Just keep eeking and ooking about how unfair(read: racist) anything is and the PC warriors will fold like a Walmart lawn chair, giving in to even the most ridiculous whims, as if that somehow will erase all the horror Black Americans experienced during the Black Holocaust, or that will undo all past and present injustices. I'm sick and tired of everything being someone else's fault ALL THE TIME. But go ahead, smugly embrace a culture of victimhood and violence.

Old 11-06-2016, 03:14 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,014,442 times
The only time we hear or see anything on the news about the Black Lives Matter movement is when a black person is shot by a police officer.

Black Lives Matter is never brought up after the blacks shoot and kill each other.

Obviously they use the BLM theme to claim that authorities are racists; but as far as killing each other - their lives mean nil to them.

No one can take them seriously with those conflicting attitudes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies