Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 07:22 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Clinton investigated and cleared again.

The Clintons are back in the White House and good times are here again in America!

Like the good old days with interns down on their knees?

Old 11-06-2016, 07:24 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Originally it was stated that the new e-mails discovered, 600,000 +, had no duplicates. Now it is announced that they are duplicates. C'mon folks. It can't be both.
You are mistaken. It was never announced that they weren't duplicates.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:25 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
Sailor on a submarine takes photos. One year in jail.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:28 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Hillary will continue (or even make worse) what Obama started. It would be hard to divide this country further than he has done though. We will not be able to heal from that under Hillary - just not possible.

And I am sure I will never trust any Democrat again in my lifetime - whether they are in my family or not. It used to be just slight differences in theory that divided us. Now it is everything PLUS huge differences in political outlook. That was caused by Democrats from the top down. How can we 'heal' when that would mean you have to change .. go to middle ground .. but you won't. You have all made that crystal clear.

The rhetoric on the Dem side this time was just too nasty. The violence, the lies, the ridicule, the hatred, the alinsky tactics and language, the total disregard for the lives and livelihoods of your fellow Americans .. you can't flip the switch any more .. it is who you are now.

I am a very nice person and willing to forgive a lot but you guys went too far this time. You won't find this lady 'pulling together with Dems' especially since you don't really want a great country any more. I don't think you even understand what that means. I'll get out of your way but I won't 'pull with you'. I could understand our differences many years ago and they were relatively minor - and I actually had a lot of respect for Old Guard Democrats like my deceased aunt who was the kindest person I know - but today, you have lost your way.

Nothing will heal in this country if Hillary wins.
Obama did everything he could to heal this nation and Republicans would have none of it.

McConnell stood right up and said the priority was making Obama a one-term president. Not governing the nation or doing what was best for Americans. But using his power to undermine the duly elected President of our nation.

Obama bent over backwards to get along with Republicans and they did everything they could to undermine him and his administration. A bunch of them even signed a letter to Iran about not trusting this administration. It was treason.

Republicans refuse to even consider the President's nominee for the Supreme Court. They are shirking their Constitutional duty in not even holding hearings to consider this highly qualified judge.

Republican voter suppression strategies have reaching outrageous levels. They are undermining the very foundation of our democracy.

Republicans have corrupted the FBI by dragging them into their nefarious political schemes.

Republicans are running a dangerously incompetent candidate for President who spouts one lie after the next.

If you are, as you say, a "very nice person," how in the world can you go along with this madness?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 11-06-2016 at 08:04 PM..

Old 11-06-2016, 07:28 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Ok trumpies, settle down. You haven't won the election so quit trying to speculate on Hillary. You guys haven't been right yet....

Old 11-06-2016, 07:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It's not good for Clinton no matter how you look at it. Trump can pounce her on how corrupt government is. 650,000 emails in 8 days? You got to be kidding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
This is silly. Do you really think they had people review 650k emails in a week? To start, there is thing called sorting. Ever use excel? Well, you can sort by date and eliminate all emails that were not during HRC SOS term. Then you can sort by to and from sending to capture emails to and from HRC. Then they can identify duplicates (again, just as you would in excel). That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure they have sophisticated software at the FBI to review emails. Doesn't that make more sense than a vast conspiracy theory?
The Wall Street Journal
FBI Says New Emails Don
Quote:

When they started to review the thousands of new emails on the laptop, investigators expected the task would take weeks, if not longer, said people familiar with the matter. The only scenario that would significantly reduce that time frame, they said, was if many of the messages proved to be duplicates of ones previously found by investigators.

That turned out to be the case, according to people close to the probe. Officials were also able to shorten the review by working around the clock and focusing on only emails sent to or from Mrs. Clinton.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Ok trumpies, settle down. You haven't won the election so quit trying to speculate on Hillary. You guys haven't been right yet....
And you aint getting USSC Justice #5

Old 11-06-2016, 07:36 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Hillary will continue (or even make worse) what Obama started. It would be hard to divide this country further than he has done though. We will not be able to heal from that under Hillary - just not possible.

And I am sure I will never trust any Democrat again in my lifetime - whether they are in my family or not. It used to be just slight differences in theory that divided us. Now it is everything PLUS huge differences in political outlook. That was caused by Democrats from the top down. How can we 'heal' when that would mean you have to change .. go to middle ground .. but you won't. You have all made that crystal clear.

The rhetoric on the Dem side this time was just too nasty. The violence, the lies, the ridicule, the hatred, the alinsky tactics and language, the total disregard for the lives and livelihoods of your fellow Americans .. you can't flip the switch any more .. it is who you are now.

I am a very nice person and willing to forgive a lot but you guys went too far this time. You won't find this lady 'pulling together with Dems' especially since you don't really want a great country any more. I don't think you even understand what that means. I'll get out of your way but I won't 'pull with you'. I could understand our differences many years ago and they were relatively minor - and I actually had a lot of respect for Old Guard Democrats like my deceased aunt who was the kindest person I know - but today, you have lost your way.

Nothing will heal in this country if Hillary wins.
And that is why you right wing believers are evil...

Once did a sail from Los Angeles to Cabo. About a 1000 miles. Me and 4 ditto heads, one of whom owned the boat and was the nominal captain. We left at a bad time trying what turned out to be a bad idea and got clobbered for 4 days. The owner/captain got sea sick to the point of thinking about having an emergency in the middle of the storm to get him aid.

I ended up in charge and got the boat working right and us to Cabo San Lucas safely. Now none of the ditto heads had suddenly bought my politics. But they realized that if they wanted to stay alive in 25 foot seas and 50 knot winds they best do what I tell them.

Just for fun on the last couple of nice smooth days I also got them in contact with the Rush Limbaugh show by ship to shore radio. They never however managed to talk their way onto the air. But the lefty was the only one who knew how to get in contact.

Right wingers are OK. They just need a little leadership...Two of the crew believe I saved their lives. I did not but it is interesting they do believe it. Something about the personality type.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:55 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Obama did everything he could to heal this nation and Republicans would have none of it.

McConnell stood right up and said the priority was making Obama a one-term president. Not governing the nation or doing what was best for Americans. But using his power to undermine the duly elected President of our nation.

Obama bent over backwards to get along with Republicans and they did everything they could to undermine him and his administration. A bunch of them even signed a letter to Iran about not trusting this administration. It was treason.

Republicans refuse to even consider the President's nominee for the Supreme Court. They are shirking their Constitutional duty in not even holding hearings to consider this highly qualified judge.

Republican voter suppression strategies have reaching outrageous levels. They are undermining the very foundation of our democracy.

Republicans have corrupted the FBI by dragging them into their nefarious political schemes.

Republicans are running a dangerously incompetent candidate for President who spouts one lie after the next.

If you are, as you say, a "very nice person," how in the world can you go along with this madness?
Luckily there are still enough sane adults left to give Trump the smackdown he deserves on Tuesday.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:58 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Everyone should read this post ^^^^^ twice and digest it. Every word is true. The Republican Party made a hobby out of screwing with the Democrats, especially President Obama. When Obama said that Donald Trump was a bi-product of what the GOP had been creating for years, he was absolutely correct.

I like to think that every new Congressman or Senator goes to DC full of enthusiasm to do good for America. But, I bet after they are there for a while, they learn it isn't that simple and a lot of game playing goes on to get anything you want done. I would find it hard to believe that every person who goes there does it with ulterior motives and just to line their own pockets.

I hope, if any good does come out of this messy election, it is that the GOP wakes up and starts to realize they can not continue on being the obstructionists that they always have been. Their own best candidates fell to a man who is the anti Christ of the political world, and that should tell them that people are tired of their games.

Donald Trump is no more a Republican than I am, he just happens to be running on that ticket. He is more of an Independent maverick, who just happened along at the right time and right place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies