Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 10:37 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times

Advertisements

I do not begrudge a person owning weapon for hunting, collection, etc. I have no interest in any of those things so

Though anyone who says they own a gun for protection is an idiot who can't do math. I mean you would have to be pretty dense (or a crack dealer) to think your chance of being a victim of a crime where you have a chance of defending yourself is higher than someone in your family accidentally/purposely getting killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Wanted to ask something-- maybe it's regarding something I've been naïve about all these years...

Who here owns a gun and who doesn't?
I'm sitting in my church small group and a general conversation starts up regarding someone going to the gun range. I thought no big deal. Next thing I find out of the five couples in the group my family is the only one without a gun. Hell I've never even fired a gun.

The guys in the group asked my wife if she was good with this? LOL. They said they own it for protection for their family. If I owned a gun probably one of two things would happen: 1) I'd shoot myself by accident 2) someone that shouldn't will get possession of it...lol

I guess its how I was raised. My dad never was into guns and neither was I. I guess I was just surprised about the reason people own guns-- I get hunting. But protection? I thought 911 was for that.

So does everyone here own a gun? Why/ why not? ....

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
The gun lobby wants no middle ground.

They want assault weapons to be legal, they don't want background checks.

The other side wants to ban all gun ownership

Both sides are wrong with their extreme views.
There is NO middle ground for our 2nd Amendment rights.

NONE

There is no compromise, there is simply you asking us to continue to give up more and more of that liberty.

NO... NO...

Come and take them if you want them so bad.

People need to stop acting like cowards. You want my rights? Then act like someone with some integrity and actually be the aggressor instead of hiding behind the government to harm and kill for you.

Stand up, or shut up is what is required here. Anything else is just a coward sleeking around in the dark.

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and this is not a bad attitude to have. in the end it is up to the individual to decide whether or not to own a firearm.

Bingo.

I grew up on a farm. I was an infantryman in the Army Guard. I own guns.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:40 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,186,979 times
Quote:
The gun lobby wants no middle ground.

They want assault weapons to be legal, they don't want background checks.
Absolutely incorrect.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:41 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Bingo.

I grew up on a farm. I was an infantryman in the Army Guard. I own guns.
We want to keep guns out of the hands of hooligans

Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,324 times
We own several. My husband is into competitive sporting clays, I like to shoot them for fun. We hunt and we also enjoy just shooting targets. The chances of one of us actually having to use one for self protection is slim.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Absolutely incorrect.
That's your opinion.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:44 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
We want to keep guns out of the hands of hooligans
But apparently have no problems electing them to the highest office in the land.

Yeah, no thanks...

The real criminals here are those who keep telling us we need to give up our guns, we need to compromise.

You know why?

Because they are the liars, the cheats, the criminals and they are afraid that eventually the people they have been lying, cheating, and stealing from will start to object and an armed people is the last defense against a corrupt government.

It is obvious why they want to disarm us. Criminals get nervous when their victims can defend themselves.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:46 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Wanted to ask something-- maybe it's regarding something I've been naïve about all these years...

Who here owns a gun and who doesn't?
I'm sitting in my church small group and a general conversation starts up regarding someone going to the gun range. I thought no big deal. Next thing I find out of the five couples in the group my family is the only one without a gun. Hell I've never even fired a gun.

The guys in the group asked my wife if she was good with this? LOL. They said they own it for protection for their family. If I owned a gun probably one of two things would happen: 1) I'd shoot myself by accident 2) someone that shouldn't will get possession of it...lol

I guess its how I was raised. My dad never was into guns and neither was I. I guess I was just surprised about the reason people own guns-- I get hunting. But protection? I thought 911 was for that.

So does everyone here own a gun? Why/ why not? ....
If you must ask this question at this stage of life, just stay with 911.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:49 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
That's your opinion.

Assault weapons are already highly restricted, and do require a background check among a whole list of other things. I'm sure you already know that though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies