Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 04:10 PM

7,931 posts, read 4,917,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
No, I voted for Clinton. I believe she is the best person for the job given the choices.
Ughh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 04:11 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,273,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Ughh...
I don't really care what you think. I voted my conscience, and I hope you did, too, even though we clearly disagree.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:14 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,950,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
No, I voted for Clinton, as did my husband, my parents, my in-laws, and my eldest child. We all believe she is the best person for the job given the choices.
She is raising taxes on middle class and poor just to let you know. over 1 trillion... Get ready for the recession guys 1% gdp won't hold forever....

Old 11-08-2016, 04:16 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,551,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Also, live well with a good income, nice home, newer cars, and kids in college, with nothing ever handed to me. I work hard.

Just saying we are out there.
There are plenty in my area. Personally, I don't consider myself a Democrat or Republican.

Finding it hard to understand why I get accused of being the other party whenever I challenge someone on their viewpoints. The country is very polarized these days. We should all be more open minded.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:17 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,950,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
There are plenty in my area. Personally, I don't consider myself a Democrat or Republican.

Finding it hard to understand why I get accused of being the other party whenever I challenge someone on their viewpoints. The country is very polarized these days. We should all be more open minded.
Same here. I voted republican this time around but do consider myself more of a libertarian/independent .

Old 11-08-2016, 04:19 PM

5,774 posts, read 5,063,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Middle class female Asian immigrant & a Republican. Similar situation as you but worried if my kids will be able to enjoy same job opportunities, freedom, good economy, affordable healthcare that I got used to. Want to leave a better world for them so voted Republican.
If a war with China ever happens while Trump is in office, you can bet he will turn on the Chinese-Americans as quickly as he turned on the Latinos, legal or illegal.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:19 PM

1,071 posts, read 616,147 times
Former right winged conservative that is more moderate nowadays. There are good and bad on both sides of the political landscape. I'm white, 42, and work hard as well.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,807,528 times
Quote:
No respect for each other in this country anymore.
You're right about that, decades of democrat liberals treating us like we're Rodney Dangerfield or Al Bundy or worse.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,472,155 times
Quote:
Also, live well with a good income, nice home, newer cars, and kids in college, with nothing ever handed to me. I work hard.

Just saying we are out there.
That's pretty sad. Seriously, it's not something to be proud of.

If I understand you right, you actually hope when you and your kids get to the job market, you won't get hire or if you have grandchildren, they won't be admitted to schools because you, the white people, aren't good for diversity?

Old 11-08-2016, 04:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,472,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
If a war with China ever happens while Trump is in office, you can bet he will turn on the Chinese-Americans as quickly as he turned on the Latinos, legal or illegal.
Do you actually know how the government works? No matter how much Trump "hates" whomever or turns on whomever, he can't do jack squat without the congress passing a law.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies