Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 12:41 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,867,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you fell for the media myths hook, line, and sinker.

Are you a family of legal immigrants?
Yes(would my voice be discounted if I wasn't? probably right? cause only white americans who immigrated several generations ago should "count" right? )
- and my mother was disowned from her very well off family for the SHAME of marrying an American.

what media myths - trumps mom was Irish, and he married two eastern european immigrant women- is that not true-

and btw, he's not actually conservative. he's just a jerk.
(is that word allowed on this forum?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 12:49 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
EXACTLY!!!!

I could NEVER call him my president. SO MUCH Stupidity and Ignorance out there in this U.S.
I agree with you on he's not your President. That's your call. You don't want to recognize him, more power to you. I didn't support him but thought he is better than Hillary, I'll refer to him as my president.

Last elections with Obama as the President, some of the loony far left made it a point to say otherwise.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:49 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
Yes(would my voice be discounted if I wasn't? probably right? cause only white americans who immigrated several generations ago should "count" right? )
- and my mother was disowned from her very well off family for the SHAME of marrying an American.

what media myths - trumps mom was Irish, and he married two eastern european immigrant women- is that not true-

and btw, he's not actually conservative. he's just a jerk.
(is that word allowed on this forum?)
Again, the issue is citizenship or legal status.

You do things the right way in America, like you are supposed to do in basically any other country. That's why we have laws.

Too bad your mom was disowned for the shame of marrying an America. We're not losing any sleep over that, though.

I AM A PROUD AMERICAN AND PROUD OF MY FELLOW CITIZENS!!

Old 11-09-2016, 05:36 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
I an so PROUD of the voters!!!!!!

Hopefully, we can all unite as a country now, and get the work done.

Trump was up against almost everybody in the media, and hung in there.
i
This truly is awesome, and historic.
Don't hold your breath. People are not going to united. The media pulled out all the stops making Trump supporters out to be evil Nazis, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:46 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Don't hold your breath. People are not going to united. The media pulled out all the stops making Trump supporters out to be evil Nazis, despite all evidence to the contrary.
I agree, but I think this proves that an underdog can win, even up against the massive media machine.

If Trump is a great president, it might change everybody's perception of party and politics. I thought he gave a great acceptance speech.

He really is an outsider, and not attached to either party. The republican establishment went as hard at him as the democratic establishment.

This was an almost impossible election to win with all the misogyny and race baiting done by the media. I am so PROUD of everybody. My state voted for Obama last time, so to me it shows that we are really engaged in politics and really paying attention.

things are about to get better in America, and maybe we won't have World War III after all.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-09-2016 at 05:55 AM..

Old 11-09-2016, 06:45 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not so fast; several states are still out. Michigan still has a number of blue precincts to count.
"Not so fast; several states are still out"

And I thought you had a college education.

Trump has EXCEEDED the required 270 electoral votes.

What the rest of the state do has NO BEARING on the outcome.

TRUMP HAS WON. Get used to it.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:47 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think economically disadvantaged white males, Trump's core constituency, are going to get the shaft the worst. The only thing that's going to change for them, they're going to lose the health insurance they might have gotten if they live in certain states, and the factory jobs are not gonna come back. If Trump wins, which NOW I think he will, I think reality will sink in he's not the magical demigod his supporters thought he was gonna be
"I think" Didn't you ALSO "think" Hillary was going to win by a LANDSLIDE?

Old 11-09-2016, 06:49 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So what happens when Trump doesn't build the wall, won't bring all those factory jobs back, and won't deport even half of the illegals here? If he wins, mark my words none of what he says he'll do. His biggest accomplishment will be that he gave all the white supremacists in the US a platform to speak since the Civil Rights Act was passed

As citizens, we vote him out of office in four years if he does not initiate what he promised- it is that simple.

Unlike libs (who believe in totalitarianism and the cult of the individual), most conservatives and independents WANT RESULTS.

At least with Trump, the rule of law is again the guiding force of the republic and we, as citizens, have a chance. If Hillary was elected, you would have been owned by the Saudis, Wall Street, and anyone who would have thrown a hundred million or two her way.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:51 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
THIS IS AWESOME!!!

The Crossroads have arrived!

A stake driven into the heart of the New World Order.

AMERICA 1st once again!!
Hold on there Tex, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Trump has a massive history of being a progressive and no actual history of actions to support being conservative or caring about the Constitution.

Let us celebrate if he holds to his word and we actually see some real efforts that show he has changed, otherwise this will be yet another upset.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:57 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The point is just like with marijuana, just because you criminalize it, doesn't stop people from doing it. If a woman has an unwanted pregnancy, she will find a way to get rid of it. You can't legislate morality

So gun laws are a waste of law enforcement's time and resources?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies