Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 08:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,497,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
No... they don't. Those fit more for those who blindly wanted to follow another liberal that was bent on continuing failed policies (or worsening them) without actually trying to stand up for the majority who didn't want them. It didn't work and she failed. No sense in being all tore up about it now. Obviously more people didn't want the "change" she proposed. When failed policy doesn't work you have to stop trying to use it at some point.

Tell me this.... what specifically did Hillary or Obama do for you that was so great you were willing to continue to follow them no matter what?
Nope, sorry, still applies.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:27 AM

29,358 posts, read 9,541,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Stop being embarrassed. The country has survived MUCH worse (though if you were educated in today's indoctrination gulags known as colleges and universities, I can see why you missed that).
Ah, it seems the words of Trump's following, about those nasty bastions of further education. I wonder..., when it comes to lawyers or doctors, is the high school diploma credential also good enough if not better?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:27 AM

25,775 posts, read 16,391,442 times
Do you need a tissue this morning?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:28 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,485,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Exactly. The HuffPost is in full panic claiming this is like the rise of Nazism, yet had Hillary won as they predicted they would expect calm and order and support for Queen Hillary.

I will do for Trump as I did for Obama - wait and see, and if I don't like the result start to bug my Congressman.
NY POST was on their same END OF THE WORLD Crap. People cant be this weak.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:31 AM

447 posts, read 484,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I hope our country will survive this.
I'm not embarrassed, I'm proud today.

I'm proud of American people. They showed , that they are fed up with all this political establishment and want a real change. People spoken and politicians better listen.

I don't care for Trump much, neither for Hillary. But I do care for people speaking and showing politicians that this system is not working and they are willing to risk it for a real change.

People are very divided these days. I teach my children of tolerance. I teach my children of understanding that every person can have a different opinion , and should have all different opinions and still be your friend, someone who you can count on, and he/she can count on you.

We going thru some turbulent times, but we'll survive.:-) by being united!!!

People voted for change, not necessary for Trump, and let's see, where it will take us.

I accept my future president, the same how I would accept Hillary.

20,581 posts, read 19,247,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Wow. This is a depressing thread. 4 years of these complaints? Maybe Rush can cheer everyone up. Noon daily on most stations. Enjoy the education.

Same ole song and dance, bit now its over sour grapes.

29,358 posts, read 9,541,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Taxation without representation. My taxes went up to subsidize Obamacare yet I don't need it.

One could argue it's for the common good but it was a **** poor solution that anyone with a head for numbers would have seen as a looming disaster. The answer isn't to simply repeal it but we need a better solution.
Much like was said of the Social Security Act of 1935, but rather than repeal, it was fixed, amended, guess how many times to keep it solvent, and still a significant source of retirement income for millions of Americans who would be in a world of hurt without it still today!

Trust me, dealing with health care cost in this country will be a work-in-progress, hopefully progress, for the rest of our days as well...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,676,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
The President has very little real power. Trump is a moron, the bigger concern is having both houses also controlled by Republicans. Fortunately they'll have no excuses in 4 years if the policies they implement dont' do jack or screw things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yup. If he fails to deliver (and he will), and things go badly-the Republicans will be holding the reins.
actually while the house remains solidly in republican hands, the senate is even more divided than before, and republicans do not hold enough of a majority there to do what ever they want. and you can bet that the democrats will continue to do what ever they can to prevent the republicans from instituting their agenda.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,262,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I hope our country will survive this.
If you are so embarrassed may I suggest you check out some countries to live in that won't embarrass you? Can't you guys give him a chance? If, after 90 days he hasnt delivered on any of his promises or made a fool of himself then we can all start worrying.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:33 AM

6,304 posts, read 8,982,181 times
Embarrassed? Heck no. I'm grateful to live in a place where surprise outcomes like this happen. Where "foregone conclusions" are anything but foregone.

I like living in a place where those who are the most vocal don't necessarily win. I like living in a place where I can freely chuckle at stereotypes that are thrown out when someone loses an election.

And I sure as heck like living in a place where those who live in the "places that one flies over to get from one coast to the other" have a voice.

Is it perfect? Far from it. The fact that, what was it, 40% (?) of voters chose between what they saw as the lesser of two evils speaks to that very clearly. But, dang, I can't see what there is to be embarrassed about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies