Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 01:15 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Agreed.

People aren't excited that they elected Trump. People are excited that we DIDN'T elect Hillary. We weren't given very good options. Clinton has done the EXACT same thing in regards to insulting pretty much every person to grace her with their presence. This is what so many seem to overlook.

What he does is speak his mind. That is far removed from anything any other politician in office has ever done. That is one of the things that I think drew people to him. People have been extremely frustrated for the last 8 years, and he is saying a lot of what people are thinking. He's shrugged off the PC bs, and spoke his mind without fear of being outcast by a political group.

I don't know about that...... she has some SERIOUS accusations cast upon her from Benghazi, the island scandal, classified email scandal, etc.... Those are MUCH more serious than a tax audit. Again, he won because out of the two main options we were presented, he was the closest chance many of us had to changing the status quo.

It's not childish to be excited to finally have an opportunity to see change. It's been a long time and for many people it has been an emotional rollercoaster. While I am not a bible thumper, the country does have ties to Christianity. There is no amount of complaining or discontent that will change that. But this country IS about chanting USA, because it is our country and we should all be proud that we live here. We should also be proud that for once, the people's voices were heard instead of another politician going into office who has no intentions of doing anything to help anyone other than line their own pockets.

They ARE welcome. As long as they come here legally and are subject to follow the exact same laws that citizens follow. Trump has never stated otherwise. His issues are with illegal immigration. Not many disagree that we need to crack down on that.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Again, the excitement is more that we DIDN'T elect Hillary. As far as how Trump is going to do... I'm cautiously optimistic but only time will tell. Most who voted for him will tell you quickly that if he doesn't try to make a positive change for our country in his 4 years we will be the first in line to vote him out and try something else.
Thanks for the well thought out responses to my post. It's amazing how much we can be on the same page here if we try.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:22 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
Look on the bright side, republicans only have themselves to blame for anything that goes wrong now.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:24 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

That came out in 2004 and the reporter said he was, "Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful."
And of course reporters are always correct.

On 9/11 I heard a reporter say a plane had been flown into the Washington Monument. I am not still clutching to that as truth because...it wasn't true.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Look on the bright side, republicans only have themselves to blame for anything that goes wrong now.

Like the Democrats are not known for taking credit for their screw ups too. One side can make wild accusations, and excuses, and we are suppose to buy the crap, you see this is exactly what the educated voter got tired of.

Guess what the people have spoken loud and clear, and are not going to take this one sided bias any longer.

Like Obama takes responsibility and Hillary for their wrong doings, just grow up already.

You see, one side can dish it out, but they definitely cannot take it.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:40 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:

That is the conclusion I reached today as well. Good luck to them & hope it goes well but it is kind of liberating to know that when the **** does hit the fan, we're completely blameless.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:44 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times
Quote:
Too bad Americans are too stupid to remember what happened in 2000-2008. Even if everything gets screwed up and the Democrats take control again, it'll just be fixing stuff, not progressing anywhere. We've been down this road before, it doesn't work and yet again, reason and facts are not what drives the votes, it's who they are pissed off about.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:50 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
That is the conclusion I reached today as well. Good luck to them & hope it goes well but it is kind of liberating to know that when the **** does hit the fan, we're completely blameless.
So, a president blaming his predecessor for his own missteps and inefficacy is no longer going to be a thing?

Best news I've heard all day!

Old 11-09-2016, 01:55 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There's no need for embarrassment.

Disappointment, certainly. One side always will be in any election.

But our system has worked as intended. There is a peaceful transfer of power and there hasn't been any violence and probably won't be.

America is always much bigger than a single election.

There'll be many more.
There has been violence from the left, you just have not read about it with your sanitized news sources.

Here's just one link:

Hillary Supporters Burn American Flag, Riot, Threaten to Kill Trump After Losing Election

The democratic party is where the vast, overwhelming majority of our domestic terrorists reside

Old 11-09-2016, 02:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
As many people said when Obama got elected....... you have to give him a fair shot. He had 8 years of opportunity to undo the "mess" that "Bush created". He failed.
No, he didn't fail.

Don't you recall that the economy was on the verge of collapse when Obama was first elected?

What's the DOW now?

I don't get this 'failed' business.

Now we'll have "Grab 'em by the pu-ss-y!" and that slitty-eyed wh-ore staining up the White House.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:02 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,174,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post

You will NOT be completely blameless! There is a time lag associated with most things/changes. Perhaps the Republicans will blame Obama the same way the Democrats have blamed Bush for all the ills of the world......years later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies