Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 08:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
LearnMe I am proud to be an American, just a little embarrassed about who we voted in as POTUS, because I don't think he reflects who most Americans strive to be, America's core values, as better reflected by our Constitution. Not Trump's rhetoric.

No, you are not part of the WE, the WE are the majority, you reflect, that it's ok to break laws, and buy votes.

Quote:
As for what Trump did, I too give him credit for doing the seemingly impossible, certainly improbable, but I also give credit to Hillary for Trump's win, because I agree with the criticism that her message was simply not compelling. She simply can't inspire like Obama inspired his followers or Trump inspired his. Plenty of credit also must go to the GOP, because they have been so dysfunctional, directionless and without any strong leadership, the vacuum sucked Trump right straight to front and center, self-financed to help grease those skids.
once again, Trump only said, what the majority of American's want....he couldn't have done it without us.
instead of fighting it, the dems would be very wise to consider questions like, "Why did it happen"

Quote:
I only WISH Trump had won for reasons I can better respect and admire, but I can't, except perhaps for his calling out of the entrenched establishment on both sides of the isle and for shaking things up more than just a bit. He's given both sides lots to think about that needed thinking about, and that's a very good thing, thanks to Trump.
He gave America a voice...b/c dems stomped us to the ground, making us feel guilty, for the way we think and feel, calling us racists, b/c we want the laws adhered to...and other names...b/c they had nothing constructive to offer, so they deflected by trying to make us feel inferior.

Still, I am proud to be an American, because no matter how radical or wild our new POTUS may be, the transfer of power has been relatively peaceful and our system is such that at our foundation, normalcy, can be maintained without going off the deep end, no matter who takes the White House. Or so I continue to hope anyway...

Radical? Wild? pssst, Hillary's team paid people and put them up in hotels to physically assault people at rallies.
And the media is still scratching their heads, they refuse to get it? How did we get the polls so wrong? What a joke...they should be saying, "we never listened, we never gave it a thought, we took all our power for granted, we lied to get votes....to gain money and power....

Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm actually scared for our country now. Maybe Hilary Clinton wasn't a great candidate, but Trump frightens me with his talk of refusing immigration of Muslims and other people, torturing terror suspects, making Mexico pay for a wall, and his bigoted, racist comments. What was America thinking? I understand us being sick to death with politics as usual, but Donald Trump is a terrible solution to this problem.

Even more frightening is the reality that all three branches of government will now be controlled by the Republican Party. They are now the majority in the House and Senate, we now have a Republican President-elect, and with a vacant Supreme Court justice seat that Trump needs to fill, the Supreme Court will now have a conservative majority, especially since a couple of other justices are nearing retirement age also.

Our system of checks and balances will be severely curtailed with our entire government being controlled by one party. This situation opens the door for any number of governmental actions being imposed on the people with little or no possibility of resistance from anyone.

All misrepresentations of what is going to happen.

1: Muslims
They are still allowed to LEGALLY become citizens like everyone else, AFTER they are checked out carefully. They are part of a group that is causing great horror in the world, so once they are checked out and repudiate that segment and agree to become good and productive citizens, they may enter.

Once here, and once accepted, and after vetting, they are equal and respected citizens just like everyone else.

However reality MUST BE OBSERVED and INTEGRATED INTO POLICY. And reality is that a segment of basically one religion is causing world problems and world terror. That's just a FACT OF REALITY.

So Freedom of Religion exists and is protected for all American citizens, including Muslims. But OUTSIDERS MUST BE VETTED carefully to insure that they are not linked to terror.

And that is correct, proper, moral, ethical, and good.

2: Mexicans
Same as Muslims. Nobody gets to walk-in. Immigration must be legal, and subject to vetting and qualification. So no legal citizens of Hispanic descent have anything to worry about. Any more than those with Italian, French, or Sierra Leonian heritage.

However, if you walked in and are now using our hospital emergency rooms for your free primary care AT OUR EXPENSE, you're out. You're basically a thief, and you have to leave.

And that is correct, proper, moral, ethical, and good.

3: Borders
Yes, we have them. So does Canada. Try and become a citizen there. It is not easy. So does Australia. Try and become a citizen there. It is HARD. So does Denmark. Try and become a citizen there. It is not easy. So does Germany. Try and become a citizen there. It is not easy.

Borders make countries. We are NOT ONE WORLD. We are a world of separate and distinct countries. REALITY.

4: Checks and balances
Republicans have slim majorities in both houses. Blocking very controversial or negative policy will still be possible. Checks and balances are intact. The Supreme Court however, needs to move to the right, and THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

It is perhaps the single most important thing that happened on November 8th. We will not have a leftist stuffing our court with justices who will allow the destruction of our society. We have rejected Obamaism and we need to make that permanent. I am very happy that Donald Trump, a BILLIONAIRE BUSINESSMAN, will be selecting several Supreme Court justices.

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 11-10-2016 at 09:08 AM..

Old 11-10-2016, 08:58 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Embarrassed to be an American today...
I'm embarrassed that you're an American too.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:04 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
I'm a Dem, I always vote for Democratic Presidential candidates but I've never been frightened if a Republican is elected and I'm trying to tell myself that things will be ok with Trump, but I wake up this AM and find these two articles linked on Twitter, and I'm scared by what I'm reading:

Russia says it was in touch with Trump's campaign during election

Markov also said it would mean less American backing for “the terroristic junta in Ukraine”. He denied allegations of Russian interference in the election, but said “maybe we helped a bit with WikiLeaks.”

Old 11-10-2016, 09:04 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,465 times
Just shows how much of a disconnect there is between the young, hip-hop, Progressive college kid and the truck driver in Omaha. The youngsters only know what's in their sterile Liberal bubble.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:07 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
So I didn't vote for Trump. Didn't matter in my State who you voted for Clinton automatically will win. Anyways not sure of Trump policies, but been some news lately of what changes wants to make. Some I like are reforming the mental health system in the US, Support of the 2nd Ammendment, giving State's more power, and allowing schools/private businesses to make own decisions without government interference.

However, I almost want to cry it is beyond upsetting who Trump wants to pick for the Department of Interior and the EPA. I feel the natural land and wildlife will be destroyed.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:08 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,583,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Obama has a 52.1% approval rating ,higher than Reagan at the end of his term.

Some (most) of your facts ar BS.
So, he has 48% dispapproval rating.
5.2 people like him, 4.8 don't. As a sports person, how does a .52 percent team do ?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:11 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
[quote=Marc Paolella;46139116]All misrepresentations of what is going to happen.

Quote:
1: Muslims
They are still allowed to LEGALLY become citizens like everyone else, AFTER they are checked out carefully. They are part of a group that is causing great horror in the world, so once they are checked out and repudiate that segment and agree to become good and productive citizens, they may enter.

how can they vet someone who has no papers, who doesn't even know how old he is, or even have a birth certificate?

American's do not realize, how primitive it all is, where they come from.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
So I didn't vote for Trump. Didn't matter in my State who you voted for Clinton automatically will win. Anyways not sure of Trump policies, but been some news lately of what changes wants to make. Some I like are reforming the mental health system in the US, Support of the 2nd Ammendment, giving State's more power, and allowing schools/private businesses to make own decisions without government interference.

However, I almost want to cry it is beyond upsetting who Trump wants to pick for the Department of Interior and the EPA. I feel the natural land and wildlife will be destroyed.

This is true. Envirofascism is OUT. So you can start crying if AGW was your pet project. Climate science is a corrupt and evil business nowadays, and we are going to be rejecting treaties and trade agreements that allow this nonsense to victimize America for the benefit of third world countries.

I am very happy about this. And so is the Planet Earth.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:15 AM

[quote=cremebrulee;46139359]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
All misrepresentations of what is going to happen.

how can they vet someone who has no papers, who doesn't even know how old he is, or even have a birth certificate?

American's do not realize, how primitive it all is, where they come from.

They can't come in then. Vetting means many people will be EXCLUDED from citizenship. That's the whole point. If we can't see who you are and what you stand for and where you came from, you're not coming in. And that is the same for almost all countries. And that is correct and ethical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies