Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 12:12 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Like many (most?) of the things President-elect Trump has said - he doesn't have the power to follow through on it by himself.
Why not? Obama illegally used Executive Power to pass many Bills and bypassed the House. I didn't hear the dems complaining about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 12:14 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
You again post things you have no idea what you're talking about. My new coverage came in at 116% increase. I was paying $293/month with a $6,400 deductible,same exact policy is now $680/month with a $7,100 deductible! I bought a non ACA compliant policy with better coverage,no co-pays,no Dr restrictions and a $5,000 deductible and the cost......$148/month. This was a huge tax on the middle class!!
You still have to pay the "fine" if your policy doesn't meet ACA guidelines

Old 11-09-2016, 12:19 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Obamacare will become the definition of bad government policy. It can easily be replaced with insurance and competitive pricing. Get ready all you freeloaders. The times are a changin!
Obamacare is insurance. But hey, let's get back to the glory days of denial on pre-existing conditions and lifetime caps. Those freeloading cancer patients thinking they deserve treatment are getting in the way of a sound profit margin!

Old 11-09-2016, 12:25 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
A friends teenager broke his arm and went to the ER in AZ and all they did was splint it (stabalize) and send him away since he couldn't pay.

Took him months and his arm had to eventually be rebroken - and he will never have full use of it due to the abysmal health care.
And this has what to do with the ACA exactly?

Do you think that this young man would have received better care if he could pay?
Would that have been true before the ACA?

Just how exactly has the ACA impacted his family's ability to pay?

Old 11-09-2016, 12:27 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You still have to pay the "fine" if your policy doesn't meet ACA guidelines
But the fines are only $695.00 or 2.5% of your AGI. I'l gladly pay that which would still be a lot cheaper than what they're offering now. I realize you're getting you HC from your employer but don't think yours is immune to these increases. Once your employer receives their new rates I'm sure you'll be paying more and/or have worse care.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Why not? Obama illegally used Executive Power to pass many Bills and bypassed the House. I didn't hear the dems complaining about that.
Which bill did he pass

Old 11-09-2016, 12:30 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Obamacare is insurance. But hey, let's get back to the glory days of denial on pre-existing conditions and lifetime caps. Those freeloading cancer patients thinking they deserve treatment are getting in the way of a sound profit margin!

That's the REAL issue.

Instead of focusing on care and the best way to finance it, the ACA subsidized incredibly high premiums to less fortunate folks and passed the cost on to everyone else that didn't have a qualified plan. The fines for not having "insurance" also helped with the financing.

It was one of those "quick fixes" that didn't get promulgated when Obama and Congress were forcing it through.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:34 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
He can't. Got to get it through Congress which may not be possible.
I know, I understand that, my point is that he does everything he can to see such through.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:37 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
A majority is insufficient. You need 60% to override a filibuster. So the Democrats can block. They could of course change the Senate rules but unlikely. They probably cannot get 50 votes for that.
If democrats blocked this, it would spell death for any representative that supported it. Obamacare is killing people right now, anyone who would stand to object changing it will be burned on a spit so to speak.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:37 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post

You can't pass bills with "executive action". Bills are legislation.

You're a bit confused about executive orders I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies