Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 10:23 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 10:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Do the rioters just keep rioting forever? For the next month until they all have to go home and celebrate Christmas? Until Inaugeration Day? Until school lets out in May? How long does this go on?
My guess is that they will tire after this weekend, and then there maybe some more on, or after Jan 20, and then that will be it.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:39 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Because Hillary , Obama , and Sanders shouldn't be making the protesters any promises that they can't keep. They are powerless and can't reassure the protests that their fears of the Donald are unfounded. Who are the protester supposed to believe?

Old 11-13-2016, 10:43 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
My guess is that they will tire after this weekend, and then there maybe some more on, or after Jan 20, and then that will be it.
If anything, it will get cold soon. See if the criers can stand to be in snow in cold. When they started with Wall Street Occupy, the cold got the best of them. Also, most people are fine with protesting, but tire of it if is a bunch of criers who never got their way. Folks in the real world have to go to work and have no time for this nonsense.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:43 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
they are the same people that did occupy wall st, once the cold temperature sets in, they will go back home to their beds

edit:Secchamps beat me to it

Old 11-13-2016, 10:48 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The election is finished.

Trump will be the next President.

Why doesn't Hillary, Obama, Sanders and Harry Ried respect the Constitution and tell their violent riotous supporters to stand down?
They cannot publicly disavow or criticize the rioters b/c the rioters are the base of the Democratic party and the likes of Obama/Clinton/Reid know it.

It's the same when someone is killed by an illegal alien. The Democrats cannot reach out to the family or denounce the killing b/c they're in the pocket of the ethnic front groups like La Raza and are counting on illegals being naturalized to make up for the citizens they alienate with their insane policies.

In Obama's defense, he may not actually condone this behavior in his own mind but he's savvy enough not to publicly condone it b/c doing so would harm his party.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:56 AM

451 posts, read 236,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nope. Trump spent his entire campaign fueling hate and anger. This is the result of putting a fascist in office who is losing the popular vote by a record. Obama is done in 2 months, not his problem anymore. Trump needs to address it. It's his mess. The US is over anyway. We're an embarrassment to the world now. I really have no qualms with the country burning to the ground at this point.

As long as we put the protesters in the middle of the fire.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:03 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
If anything, it will get cold soon. See if the criers can stand to be in snow in cold. When they started with Wall Street Occupy, the cold got the best of them. Also, most people are fine with protesting, but tire of it if is a bunch of criers who never got their way. Folks in the real world have to go to work and have no time for this nonsense.
THIS^^^. Protesting is our right, and I support it. But this isn't protesting. I don't know what this is other than a nationwide pouting contest for the whiners. There is nothing to respect about what these people are doing. It would be laughable if they weren't so violent and destructive.

The bigger question is... why do we let it go on and on?

Old 11-13-2016, 11:04 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I actually love that they are out there. They are just shoring up the vote for Trump 20!
Yep, I have made up my mind to never vote Democrat again after watching these lawless behaviors.

And I agree that the reason Obama and Clinton don't ask their supporters to stop rioting because they are supporting them from behind. Why? Because they want to make it as hard as possible for Trump to govern when he takes over. I knew this when Obama said he is going make the transition of power as smooth as possible. If you saw his face and expressions on TV as he said these things, you would understand.

Last edited by davidt1; 11-13-2016 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-13-2016, 11:08 AM

601 posts, read 592,965 times
They don't speak out against it because this is America, not a banana republic in which protesters are silenced. People are allowed to protest anything they wish. And while there will be violent incidences and rioters here and there, which should be dealt with by law enforcement on a case-by-case basis, people are mostly peaceful. Carrying signs and walking down a street will not harm you in any way. Pick yourself up and stop insinuating that people should not have the right to protest.

But let's forget being rational. Let's ban news outlets, shut down protests, and install a dictatorial regime. Sounds great to me. I look forward to being forced to vote for Dear Leader Trump in 2020.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies