Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 10:19 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times

Advertisements

Liberal logic: Minorities voting for a candidate at a 90% rate = good, open-minded but whites voting for a candidate at a 65% = intolerant, racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 10:20 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Loser. Not "Loosers"
Lose and loose are two different words and are pronounced differently and mean different things.
thanks fixed it, was typing fast because phone was ringing...

Old 11-09-2016, 10:24 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
*sigh*
I tuned in NPR this morning, all the *experts* on the democratic side answering why he won, mentioned race and whites in every sentence. Same here on replies on threads from some Clinton supporters. They just don't get it.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:31 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
I think there was definitely a racial component to some degree but that alone would not have won it. A lot of voters had some very valid complaints/criticism of Hilary. Others simply identify too strongly with conservative principles to put their vote anywhere else. The real kicker was people who feel the economy/business environment are being rigged towards the wealthy and the powers that be. Clinton's close Wall Street ties really killed her with those folks.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:47 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Van Jones can't stop having hissy fits.

CNN's Van Jones gets emotional about 'whitelash'
meant to post this when I first saw it.

pretty soon we're going to need hip waders to navigate the prog tear flood.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:48 AM

35,669 posts, read 21,030,020 times
as if we have enslaved and oppressed anyone -- hmmph lets not go there

Old 11-09-2016, 10:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Gee I don't remember conservatives shutting up the last 8 years.
Someone has to remind you of all your horrible progressive policies that failed.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:53 AM

35,669 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
if by "old" you mean 40+, then sure. As well as those making more than $50K. Given the expectations Trump did well with the Hispanic and college-educated women votes.

The link also takes you the age etc. it's the old white men- that made the difference- I would also add angry- I expect this as much when Obama got in- and the pew report or Census that said the whites were down from 50% of the total population-- Ok so you got Trump, and the Reps in the congress-- let see what changes...

Old 11-09-2016, 11:00 AM

98 posts, read 145,396 times
I think the issue is that a lot of non-white people have and wonder is: how did some of the racist, misogynistic and isolationist comments made by Trump not push someone who IS White to NOT vote for Trump.

In combination with the fact that the GOP for all intents and purposes has mostly been a party made up of predominantly White people... it just kind of sticks out. according to early demographic analysis by the Economist no more than 25% of any group of color voted his way. And he improved on Romney's numbers in those groups.

Along with age factors and the fact that most of the youth in this country are of color... a vote for Trump speaks cultural volumes.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:02 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Loser. Not "Loosers"
Lose and loose are two different words and are pronounced differently and mean different things.
C'mon OP...get it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Gee I don't remember conservatives shutting up the last 8 years.
Good point. Now let's see how the Lefties cry about the next four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
mostly what we know old white men - and their wives-voted for Trump

Exit Polls 2016
So...only white people voted for Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Liberal logic: Minorities voting for a candidate at a 90% rate = good, open-minded but whites voting for a candidate at a 65% = intolerant, racist
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
as if we have enslaved and oppressed anyone -- hmmph lets not go there
There are forum members here that owned slaves?? Holy crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies