Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 06:17 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
For those that cannot figure out how Trump won, this is much of what I was saying last night and earlier today, and is a very good explanation.

Why Donald Trump Won - Hit & Run : Reason.com
The article is spot on. My liberal friends are still butt-hurt and can't go a day without complaining. The MSM and Hollywood elite still don't understand that they helped Trump win, not the Russians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 06:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It is totally understandable. Low info gullible voters.
Quite right. Gullible people woke up that eight years of well spoken and clean coupled with disastrous policies with a potential of four years of more of the same was not palatable.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
I also know that arguing is pointless so I don't bother.
Not likely.

Quote:
We will both continue believing we are right. The difference is I will continue to be gainfully employed while those who voted for him will grasp at straws or rant online while typing on products made and assembled by minorities.
Millions of Trump voters will continue to be gainfully employed and making a comfortable living for themselves.

And BTW, I don't care who made my products or where they are made.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:25 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I think the OP is correct, and I'll take responsibility for realizing it too late (Nov 9th, to be exact).

I can understand, and I understood it before the election, how they (Trump supporters) are tired of the BS, tired of being marginalized, tired of dirty politics, and tired of one controversy after another. I can understand the hate for Hillary (I believe some of it was absolutely manufactured with BS stories and accusations, but I also believe much of it was legit, especially the marginalization and 'we know better than you' attitude.)

So I fully get the vote against Hillary.

What I don't understand is the vote FOR Trump. The system is broken, I get that. People are tired of being taken for granted. I get that too. Money in politics, appointing friends, backroom agendas, being lied to, blah blah blah....

I get why people are tired of that. What I don't get is why someone would vote for the only person in this planet (not really the ONLY one, but one of the few) that is actually worse than Hillary. That's the part I don't get. Yep, we need change, but not this change.

The guy is an admitted womanizer
He openly calls for spitting on the constitution (ban on Muslims, Stop and Frisk, etc...)
He says drain the swamp, and then he just restocks it.
He openly tries to discredit HIS OWN intelligence agencies
He openly said he would not respect the electoral process if he won (and then criticize others for even QUESTIONING it after he did win)
He's so thin skinned he can't stand SNL doing skits on him (time-honored tradition for over 40 years)
He appoints anti education people to head up education
He appoints an active anti EPA person to head up the EPA
He relies on someone with (at least) the appearance of running a racist paper to be his top adviser
He actually bragged about the size of his genitalia in a Presidential debate!!!!!

It just goes on and on.

So the thing is, it's not about not understanding why Hillary lost. It's about not understanding how anyone could put someone with these characteristics in the whitehouse. How they think these values represent them, or America. How they are OK with hate toward anyone that does not look like them. That's all good, until the hate turns back at them, and there's nobody left to defend them.

THAT is what is not understood.

Except for saying that Trump is worse than Hillary (I think it is a tie, but for different reasons), imo, you are spot on.

Which is why I voted for Johnson.

Until people wake up and realize that the only way to get a good POTUS is to stop voting for bad candidates or not voting at all!, we will continue to have one disaster after another.

P.S. I do realize that Johnson was and is not perfect, but compared to Trump and Hillary . . . !

Old 12-15-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So the thing is, it's not about not understanding why Hillary lost. It's about not understanding how anyone could put someone with these characteristics in the whitehouse. How they think these values represent them, or America. How they are OK with hate toward anyone that does not look like them. That's all good, until the hate turns back at them, and there's nobody left to defend them.

THAT is what is not understood.
Yes, you clearly don't understand. It has nothing to do with hate or racism.

Read the OP again.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:31 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You Trump voters are beginning to flatter yourselves a bit much. You're far too impressed with yourselves.

You voted in a guy for president...you didn't cure cancer. Voting in a candidate for president has been going on for a few centuries in this country. You won...a natural byproduct of an election between two people when one person has to lose.

No one is sitting around wondering why or how you could vote for Trump. In their minds, people who voted for Trump did so because they're clueless...or worse. The same thing you all said both times Obama won. And you haven't quit crying about that yet. Hell, you're still crying about his victory in 2008...you haven't even gotten around to whining about 2012 yet and he's almost out of office.

So there's nothing more for them to ponder. So please, quit thinking that folks are sitting around wracking their brains out try'na figure out why you voted the way you did. It ain't that serious, and no one is all that preoccupied with the topic nearly as much as you think they are.

Sorry to disappoint you.
I knew when I voted Trump what he was.. a very truthful politician who does not mask his thoughts and is straight with the American people. He is not politically correct. He is not polished. He speaks as if directly to you and tells details of everything going on in his brain.

He is not a quitter, he is a worker. His message resonated with many many Americans who thought the same thoughts Trump expresses. They identify with his message and felt validated for once.

The elites danced around the problems facing Americans today and never addressed them at all and ignored us. This is why Trump is president-elect. Feeling validated as an American. Good to know someone actually would put in words what we have been thinking and feeling for years. We were cast aside for too long. Now we have a voice.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:32 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I knew when I voted Trump what he was.. a very truthful politician who does not mask his thoughts and is straight with the American people. He is not politically correct. He is not polished. He speaks as if directly to you and tells details of everything going on in his brain.

He is not a quitter, he is a worker. His message resonated with many many Americans who thought the same thoughts Trump expresses. They identify with his message and felt validated for once.
Let me fix this for you...

"Trump said all of the hateful, sexist, racist, bigoted things we believe, since he has absolutely no filter (So refreshing!), so therefore he is a straight shooter, and validated our hateful, racist, bigoted views."

Is everyone who voted for Trump those things? No, but everyone who voted for him made it known that these were non issues for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The elites danced around the problems facing Americans today and never addressed them at all and ignored us. This is why Trump is president-elect. Feeling validated as an American. Good to know someone actually would put in words what we have been thinking and feeling for years. We were cast aside for too long. Now we have a voice.
Not going to argue about the "elites", or even go into the fact that your very own President elect is one of those elites, but I fell I need to fix the bolded....

"Good to know someone actually would put in words all of the hateful, sexist, racist, bigoted things we have been thinking and feeling for years."

See, this is what Trump voters don't seem to understand. When you say stuff like this, that is all anyone hears. You guys made it clear that being a sexist, homophobic, racist nut is not a deal breaker. Being a woman/Clinton/liberal apparently is though. We will see who was right before long, and to be honest, I hope you guys are, because if he is what the millions of people who voted against him think he is, we are in a heap of trouble.

Last edited by southernbored; 12-15-2016 at 07:47 AM..

Old 12-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Is everyone who voted for Trump those things? No, but everyone who voted for him made it known that these were non issues for them.
I suppose you talked to all 60 million of them, right? Otherwise, how do you know why anyone voted?

Old 12-15-2016, 02:55 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I suppose you talked to all 60 million of them, right? Otherwise, how do you know why anyone voted?
I made no indication that I did know why they voted for him. I did however, say that if you DID vote for him, you made it clear that you do not care if he is a sexist, homophobic, racist, hateful, bigot. You made it clear that these are non issues for you. Otherwise you would not have voted for him.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Hillary = Obama's policies 2.0

That's just one reason I didn't vote for Hillary. In fact during Obama's term Democrats lost more seats in recent history. hmm, I wonder if Russia had anything to do with that <sarcasm>

There are many, many other reasons but I thought I'd just mention this one since it wasn't mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies