Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:44 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

YEAH! NO gun control is a GREAT idea! That way any 10 year old with a paper route can save his $$$, buy a gun and bring it to school and play real life GTA at recess, ain't nuthin' could go wrong there. And gang bangers won't have to go underground to buy what they need. Convicted felons too. Because that's what NO control means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 06:24 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I have no problem with gun ownership but what is to prevent some insane person from going into an elementary school, hospital, or any other public place and killing everyone.
Well... Historically, it's someone with a gun who stops these sorts of things...

Old 11-09-2016, 06:26 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Gun control has been dead at the federal level, it is not an issue.
Until the next big event that coincides with a Dem majority.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:38 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Well, Washington-state and California both passes fairly-restrictive legislation with regard to firearms.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:56 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Why would anyone be sure that Trump is against gun control? Remember, he is a RINO. He was a Democrat just a few years back and favored gun control. I would wait and see. After Sandy Hook he favored an assault weapons ban.

Last edited by Floorist; 11-09-2016 at 07:10 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 06:58 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I have no problem with gun ownership but what is to prevent some insane person from going into an elementary school, hospital, or any other public place and killing everyone.
All of that is illegal, what makes you think passing more laws will prevent anything?

Of course if liberals didn't get their way and make schools "gun free zones" (that works well, doesn't it) maybe an armed teacher could stop one - again. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_...chool_shooting
It's too bad liberals would rather have dead children than armed teachers, of course gun control has never been about saving lives it's always been about pushing an agenda.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Ok, seriously people, you elected Trump as president. That doesn't mean every conservative dream is not a reality for the rest of time. Get your heads out of your asses.
I don't think you understand the implications especially if he serves 8 years. His first appointment to the court will restore the balance of power in the Supreme Court. Ginsburg is currently 83 years old, she would have to hold out at the very least until 87 or possibly 91 years of age and that's assuming a Democrat is elected after Trump. Stephen Breyer is 78....

He may be picking the replacements for these Justices and if so his election will have ramifications for many decades.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:28 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
Balanced out by the untold number of future school children saved by gun owners over the next several decades.

See? Anyone can play the empty rhetoric game.
how about a fact or two- exactly how many school children have been SAVED by gun owners (vs killed by them?!!!)-
I can tell you right now I can name a lot more massacres of innocent people than "saved" by privately owned gun owners...

Old 11-09-2016, 08:05 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
how about a fact or two- exactly how many school children have been SAVED by gun owners (vs killed by them?!!!)-
I can tell you right now I can name a lot more massacres of innocent people than "saved" by privately owned gun owners...
You quoted me, but did you read what I wrote? I called that "the empty rhetoric game" since no facts were presented. I was merely responding in kind.

I'd be happy to list facts, but before we begin, can you tell me what it would accomplish? Say we agree that X children are killed accidentally by gunfire, and Y children are saved by gun owners. Then what?

Old 11-09-2016, 08:08 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Gun control is finally dead, along with an untold number of future school children over the next several decades.
Most gun deaths are suicides. Since the left is good with suicide, this shouldn't be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies