Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times

Advertisements

I know someone that works in retail. And there are a lot of muslims that immigrated to the area over the last several years. He told me several muslims told him today they voted for Trump and not Hillary because it was against their religion to vote for a woman lol.

She pander to the muslim vote with the Kahn family and in other ways, and at least anecdotal evidence that many didn't vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 08:49 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I know someone that works in retail. And there are a lot of muslims that immigrated to the area over the last several years. He told me several muslims told him today they voted for Trump and not Hillary because it was against their religion to vote for a woman lol.

She pander to the muslim vote with the Kahn family and in other ways, and at least anecdotal evidence that many didn't vote for her.

Not true.

10 Badass Female Muslim Leaders You Should Know - Brown Girl Magazine

Old 11-09-2016, 08:51 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,983,645 times
This guy did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWyPN9JIuQ

Old 11-09-2016, 09:56 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,564 times
Many people didn't vote for Hillary. Just because someone is Muslim doesn't mean they will automatically vote for Hillary just like many women did not vote for Hillary. I know of Muslim that voted for 3rd party because they didn't like either candidate & as you pointed out Muslim who voted for Trump because they liked his view of staying out of ME instead of Hillary contentious war.

Not all Muslim are same and not all think alike. It is just like every party.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:03 PM

I believe many of them didn't vote for her because she was a woman as women are subservient in the cultures these immigrants are from. This is was what several muslim customers told my relative. Probably a majority of muslims voted for her just because she was a democrat.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:49 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,082,979 times
Quote:

Quote:
I believe many of them didn't vote for her because she was a woman as women are subservient in the cultures these immigrants are from. This is was what several muslim customers told my relative. Probably a majority of muslims voted for her just because she was a democrat.
At least TEN Muslim females already have been elected Prime Ministers/Presidents (and commander in chief ) of various MUSLIM countries- while a country like USA never had a female president.

Can you put two and two together?

Old 11-09-2016, 10:54 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
At least TEN Muslim females already have been elected Prime Ministers/Presidents (and commander in chief ) of various MUSLIM countries- while a country like USA never had a female president.

Because a lot of the leaders in third world countries like Pakistan, India come from rich political dynasties, like Benazir Bhutto, Indira Gandhi. So it is very easy for them to win as money buys votes in these countries & also your religion, caste plays a big role. The elections in Western democracy are fair & transparent in comparison to the third world corrupt countries so the competition is much bigger & you dont get any special privileges for being rich, Christian or a Clinton. Infact, being too rich or religious or your affluent family background can work against you. Its the opposite in third world countries.

When Hillary was secretary of state, her counter part in Pakistan was also a woman from a rich landlord political family & she had zero experience in politics & a measly hotel management degree. The current education minister of India is a small time tv actress, a college dropout who won her position because of certain "favors" she offered people in power so please dont compare trash like that to Condoleezza Rice. The political positions are just handed over to family, friends & elections won by lot of fraudulent voting. So dont even begin to compare Western world to the messed up third world hell. The thread is about Muslim women in leadership roles. There are plenty of examples to show that Muslims can accept female leadership, but that doesnt mean since USA didnt have a female president yet, we are all sexists.

Last edited by theluckygal; 11-09-2016 at 11:12 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

Are you seriously arguing that females have better status in muslim countries than in America? Okay .

There's no limit to the anti-Americanism liberals stoop to.

Cripes sakes I was just passing on what muslims told my relative at work and found it funny. I'm guessing they were somalian if that explains it. I can totally believe that religiously muslim men given a free choice would not vote for a woman. Muslims are more socially conservative and patriarchal than even western Christians by far.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:19 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,744,669 times
One thing Trump did that the liberals do not understand is that he did not group people, Hillary and the liberals had all these groups that they catered to, but for some reason they cannot figure out that not all people in a race or religion have the exact same beliefs and wants for this country and their families.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:22 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Why would a Muslim vote for Hillary?

She supported & voted for unnecessary wars of choice that resulted in 100s of 1000s of Muslims being killed, and millions more displaced and turned into refugees.

I'm guessing they most think the woman should be brought up on war crimes instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies