Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 07:48 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
As long as we have people thinking like this, I see no way how this country can become unified. I know I will never buy into this ideology. And I don't see the Liberal left changing their minds either. We have come to a very tough crossroad.

The liberal left believes that the big bad businessman is evil, and that the Mexican illegal immigrant tiptoes through tulips dong jobs Americans won't do.

I'm a leftist on most issues...my positions fall in line with European Social Democrats. Uncontrolled immigration and European Social Democracy cannot coexist.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:53 AM

589 posts, read 1,220,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sorry I don't have a beef with trades. I have a beef with impossible expectations. Also my smart phone is made overseas not here. Clearly that work is too expensive to be done here. Heck everything I own is made overseas, I wonder why? Someone is willing to do the job for less at the quality level consumers expect.

If this rang true for my job I would be out of one. Good thing I ensure I remain competitive by improving on what I do .

Yea 1950s was prosperous and different times. I guess you didn't get my point, we live in a different era now and can't go backwards. Sorry, no one is going to pay you higher wages for work that can be automated in the future.

I think universal basic income will solve a lot of these problems but that requires you to value others equally regardless of where they are from. No one chooses to be born here.

Welders and engineers are not in the same category my friend. One can sell knowledge the other sells craft. Modern economics means one will get paid less than the other. Both should earn a living but they won't have the same quality of life, just not how it works anymore. Trump won't change this reality.

Also if anything, he has provided a reason for me to never support American made products. Why fund a group of people who complain while still living a higher quality of life than most people on this planet. The rest of the world sure won't be buying your products either. Guess you will have to just sell to each other.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:12 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
Sorry I don't have a beef with trades. I have a beef with impossible expectations. Also my smart phone is made overseas not here. Clearly that work is too expensive to be done here. Heck everything I own is made overseas, I wonder why? Someone is willing to do the job for less at the quality level consumers expect.

If this rang true for my job I would be out of one. Good thing I ensure I remain competitive by improving on what I do .

Yea 1950s was prosperous and different times. I guess you didn't get my point, we live in a different era now and can't go backwards. Sorry, no one is going to pay you higher wages for work that can be automated in the future.

I think universal basic income will solve a lot of these problems but that requires you to value others equally regardless of where they are from. No one chooses to be born here.

Welders and engineers are not in the same category my friend. One can sell knowledge the other sells craft. Modern economics means one will get paid less than the other. Both should earn a living but they won't have the same quality of life, just not how it works anymore. Trump won't change this reality.

Also if anything, he has provided a reason for me to never support American made products. Why fund a group of people who complain while still living a higher quality of life than most people on this planet. The rest of the world sure won't be buying your products either. Guess you will have to just sell to each other.
Do not be surprised if your idea of remaining competitive someday is not enough. Ask those Disney IT employees displaced by lower wage imported workers. Don't complain when it is you competing against sweatshop engineers because even after losing everything you will still be living better than most people on the PLANET, maybe even the universe.

Working Americans don't complain about living in squalor because somewhere in our global village, someone has it worse. Women, don't complain about sexual harassment because in other parts of the world women receive much worse abuse.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:16 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:

Just shaking my head. What happened ? Was it our schools and colleges that did this or parents ? This mindset is beyond reason.
Oh and for the record, many of the welders that are friends of mine do as well or better than the engineers I work with. Not always the case , just what I've experienced. And I'm talking automotive engineering.
The only think I agree with, is you are correct ...we can't go backwards. But like I've said before, we can stop the hemorrhaging.

I have a beef with impossible expectations. Also my smart phone is made overseas not here. Clearly that work is too expensive to be done here. Heck everything I own is made overseas, I wonder why? Someone is willing to do the job for less at the quality level consumers expect.

Impossible expectations ? This was reality until globalization started. It is impossible to competed with labor that has no regulations, and that are willing to work for a bowl of rice a day. You best hope you have a job that can not be offshored or have to compete with someone that will do it for a bowl of rice. I just love how the left will preach this rhetoric, until it effects them.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:40 AM

44 posts, read 25,120 times
Illegals are not taking jobs no one wants. Millions of convicted felons would love to pick strawberries but can't Because they won't hire them, and illegals a are taking construction jobs too like bricklaying and carpentry, along with high paying factory jobs and jobs at slaughterhouses that pay a livable wage that many an American man wants but can't get. You people are obviously out of touch with the working class, just cause you believe manual labor is below you doesn't mean everybody feels that way. Not everybody has a useless liberal arts degree and a rich daddy. but I do agree there employers should pay hefty fines and if trump himself ever hired illigals he too should be fined millions. I'm tired of this lay down and let everyone walk over us crap. Men stop abandoning your children, cut off your women's haircuts, and trade in your women's jeans for men's pants and stop being such passive sissies and be men again.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:03 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Sums up how a lot of people in this country are feeling but refuse to admit. Any immigrant who is PERCEIVED to live a higher quality of life is now demonized. We have made it okay to dehumanize fellow Americans and humans because we think we are entitled to live a higher quality of life than anyone else on this planet.

Here are some tips to NOT be gainfully employed:
  • Attack and blame other people for your problems. The best way to build the highest skyscraper is to tear everyone else down.
  • Accept that learning is overrated. Who needs continuous education? I learned a skill therefore I should be able to use it forever!
  • Talk about imaginary taxes. You know all these taxes that we don't pay because we don't make money. Yea we need to get rid of those.
  • Complain about others. You know that immigrant child getting an education? I AM PAYING FOR IT WITH MY NON EXISTENT TAXES. Yea that 100 dollars I contribute would magically go to me if it wasn't for these meddling immigrant kids.
  • Watch TV. TV IS A BASIC RIGHT. Even though I make poverty wages I have to have my TV. Books? I would need to actually read those.
Your first bullet point is wrong. I see people who attack others all the time and somehow they get jobs over me even though when I blame someone else, I am only giving credit where credit is due (I don't blame the immigrants at all unlike the average American and the average American seems to get a job eventually but I still don't. explain that?) and I'm deep down blaming myself just as bad if not worse and trying to improve myself. I actually know the king of blaming people and though his job was the bottom of the barrel, he got a decent retirement check and he always earned more money than he deserved.

I'm confused about the second one. Is this satire?

Your last bullet point sounds like satire as well.

You seem serious about this post but yet trolling at the same time. Stop playing with my glitched mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
Illegals are not taking jobs no one wants. Millions of convicted felons would love to pick strawberries but can't Because they won't hire them, and illegals a are taking construction jobs too like bricklaying and carpentry, along with high paying factory jobs and jobs at slaughterhouses that pay a livable wage that many an American man wants but can't get. You people are obviously out of touch with the working class, just cause you believe manual labor is below you doesn't mean everybody feels that way. Not everybody has a useless liberal arts degree and a rich daddy. but I do agree there employers should pay hefty fines and if trump himself ever hired illigals he too should be fined millions. I'm tired of this lay down and let everyone walk over us crap. Men stop abandoning your children, cut off your women's haircuts, and trade in your women's jeans for men's pants and stop being such passive sissies and be men again.
I find that so hard to believe. If you'll notice on applications today, there is a part about employers getting a tax break for admitting you're a felon. There's also plenty of organizations to help them.
Also I know that the average American needs to have a living wage, but at the same time some of them are so greedy or at best ungrateful and you know what's equally as bad the average American knows how to lie so illegal or no illegal they'll get by and I'm still left in the dust. It'll be hard at first but from my observation they usually get by. They're more adaptive than I. I know I'm just one person but don't I deserve a chance at financial success too? Esp when I'm not picky at all about the boss or salary (just where I work). If you hate your boss because he is an ahole I'd be happy to have your job. Also there is a good chance a lot of other disabled people are getting cheated by the average American. It's a neurotypical driven world and unless we get an organization to fight for us it's going to be a huge struggle to not get left behind.

I'm sorry but I'm tired of seeing people complain about convicted felons not getting a job. I know that sometimes people change but at the same time you did something awful and I was born this way but yet I've been rejected as much as a criminal if not more.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:18 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Sums up how a lot of people in this country are feeling but refuse to admit. Any immigrant who is PERCEIVED to live a higher quality of life is now demonized. We have made it okay to dehumanize fellow Americans and humans because we think we are entitled to live a higher quality of life than anyone else on this planet.

Here are some tips to NOT be gainfully employed:

[*]Attack and blame other people for your problems. The best way to build the highest skyscraper is to tear everyone else down.
[*]Accept that learning is overrated. Who needs continuous education? I learned a skill therefore I should be able to use it forever!
[*]Talk about imaginary taxes. You know all these taxes that we don't pay because we don't make money. Yea we need to get rid of those.
[*]Complain about others. You know that immigrant child getting an education? I AM PAYING FOR IT WITH MY NON EXISTENT TAXES. Yea that 100 dollars I contribute would magically go to me if it wasn't for these meddling immigrant kids.
[*]Watch TV. TV IS A BASIC RIGHT. Even though I make poverty wages I have to have my TV. Books? I would need to actually read those.

The list goes on and on. I am sure our dreams will come true and six figure jobs will fall from the sky all over any day now. We will start mining coal, manufacture power tools no one will buy, and build cars that no one will buy. We will put all these big buildings to use because they are there already, why else wouldn't we? Math saying it isn't profitable? Well I don't care that it isn't profitable, I just want a job.

Let me know if I am missing anything. I am sure some of you will argue how educated you are and yada yada yada but at the end of the day you're outvoted globally when it comes to civilized society.
Everything that is bolded sounds exactly like SJWs and lunatic liberals who throw fits when they don't get their way.

What's your point?

Old 11-10-2016, 12:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Not at all. I am just aware that i'll earn a better living by NOT digging a ditch my entire life. I like how you speak of what your husband did/have done as your own. Go earn your own living. You are part of the problem.

How's that working out for you. Being clever that is. Paying all the bills and saving anything for the future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I'm comfortably retired, Skippy. My wife and I played by the rules and boy did it pay off.
Quote:
So as long as you got yours screw everyone else right? Rules change all the time my friend. Some of us tend to grow over time.... I guess others don't.

If we wanted to play by the old rules I would be allowed to take everything you own. Simply because I am stronger and younger than you. Dark ages. Why not?
OP, you make no sense whatsoever, and your hypocrisy and hatred is showing, on full display, for anyone who has the great misfortune of opening this thread and reading the verbal diarrhea presented in the first post. You attack the poster by insinuating that he didn't do so well in life, poster states that actually, yes he has, so you move the goal posts and then attack him for being successful in life all the while forgetting that just a post earlier, you were bragging about how successful you were going to be in life.

This attitude is why the liberals lost.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:17 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Not at all. I am just aware that i'll earn a better living by NOT digging a ditch my entire life. I like how you speak of what your husband did/have done as your own. Go earn your own living. You are part of the problem.

How's that working out for you. Being clever that is. Paying all the bills and saving anything for the future?
Not that I need explain myself to you....but I too work. I just don't run the company... And together the two us us "uneducated" folks as you would call us, will probably make more than my son and daughter-in-law who are doctors...... And we all probably pay more in taxes than you do, perhaps even more than your annual salary... so YOU are part of the problem..... Thinking you're too good to start at the bottom and work your way up tells me about your character as well....

Old 11-10-2016, 08:32 PM

589 posts, read 1,220,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Not that I need explain myself to you....but I too work. I just don't run the company... And together the two us us "uneducated" folks as you would call us, will probably make more than my son and daughter-in-law who are doctors...... And we all probably pay more in taxes than you do... so YOU are part of the problem.....
Considering my state pays more taxes than it consumes I find it hard to believe. I never once called you uneducated... I called you outdated if anything. I pay more in taxes and my state pays more than it takes in. We aren't the ones begging for a handout and consuming more federal dollars than we give. The best part is how you keep going on and on about accomplishments outside of your own as if they were your own. Typical of someone who has never done anything on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
OP, you make no sense whatsoever, and your hypocrisy and hatred is showing, on full display, for anyone who has the great misfortune of opening this thread and reading the verbal diarrhea presented in the first post. You attack the poster by insinuating that he didn't do so well in life, poster states that actually, yes he has, so you move the goal posts and then attack him for being successful in life all the while forgetting that just a post earlier, you were bragging about how successful you were going to be in life.

This attitude is why the liberals lost.
No words for how you come to this conclusion. Let's pretend you're right. I am a hypocrite and everything I say is wrong. Only one of us is actually living the life he/she has imagined while the other is waiting for a billionaire to somehow bring prosperity to a region no one wants to invest in. Yep, any day now.

I've never attacked anyone for being successful. If someone claims they are well off and voting for trump I view that person as actively removing the ladder for everyone else. The funny part is you're most likely the person he's removing the ladder from and you just don't see it. Don't worry, I am sure Trump will personally employ you now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies