Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 05:08 PM

26,962 posts, read 15,180,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Does it actually cost something to burn or loot?

No but money is a sure incentive to do so for the weak in character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 05:09 PM

1,504 posts, read 847,839 times
Stupid social media is behind the riots. Welcome to the age where people can collect like insects via digital faramones,

10,226 posts, read 7,536,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Since when is it ok to fund people who are burning and looting our cities? Seems like that should be a crime. Will Attorney General Giuliani prosecute the people who are behind these attacks?
I haven't seen any burning and looting. Some people were burning their own private property on a cement sidewalk. I haven't seen anyone looting. Where is there looting? Are you just making this up?

There are protests. Chanting and shouting. Signs. Someone burned the flag or something on a cement sidewalk. There was absolutely no looting or destruction of property.

20,418 posts, read 12,336,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Since when is it ok to fund people who are burning and looting our cities? Seems like that should be a crime. Will Attorney General Giuliani prosecute the people who are behind these attacks?
until bammer and lying lynch are gone we are stuck.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:10 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,536,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Other than Oakland?

Here in LA it got out of control. Protesters were blocking two freeways, setting fires, vandalizing buildings.

I had just said to someone here "it looks pretty small compared to other cities"(spoke too soon), an hour later it wasn't.

And most of the protesters were laughing and smiling, and mugging for the camera, they're not angry about Trump. This is to just cause chaos.

There may be some who wanted to seriously protest, but stuff like explodes on social media and the clueless show up to take selfies, post on FB where they are, and just stir the pot. The ones I saw looked under 21.

South of here in Santa Ana it got really bad. Tear gas was used to disperse the crowd.

Maybe you were in bed already, I think you're in the Midwest.
Not what I saw on the news. Do you have a cite for that? I think you guys are making some of this stuff up.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:11 PM

26,962 posts, read 15,180,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Clinton publicly called for "the peaceful transistion of power" in her concession speech. I don't think we can lump all Democrats into one group & blame them.

Hillary is related by marriage (Chelsea's) to Soros so she is not far removed even besides that connection.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:20 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,959,181 times
Do you just not read or listen to the news?

Moveon.Org raising funds from Trump protests, warns more disruptions to come - Washington Times

Soros funded the burning down of Ferguson, Baltimore, and now this.

Brutal attacks on whites are occurring by packs, even one old man was dragged through the streets. Is beating assumed Trump supporters nearly to death what you consider a "grand old American tradition?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Are you talking about the massive Election protests going on right now or something else? Other than Oakland most of the current protests seem mostly by peaceful albeit a PITA for commuters and others just going about their business. Imagine if the tables were turned and Trump won the popular vote and lost the election? No shortage of frequent posters to this forum were calling for an armed revolution if Trump lost. Who knows? Some of them might have been semi serious.

Rioting and looting is a grand old American tradition that crossed all ethnicities. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Rioting: An American Tradition : We're History

Why assume there is one grand master organizer?

Some of the worst looting in modern times occurred throughout occupied Europe as the fine Christian towns people looted the homes and graveyards of the Jewish population. Go figure, eh.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:06 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,572,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Not what I saw on the news. Do you have a cite for that? I think you guys are making some of this stuff up.
Making it up? Go sell crazy someplace else.

Yes, having lived through the 1992 riots here I want to go through that again.

We were under Martial Law for 5 days, you were in your house at dusk.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:26 PM

30,718 posts, read 21,863,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Hillary is related by marriage (Chelsea's) to Soros so she is not far removed even besides that connection.
Actually the Clinton's aren't related to Soros, but he did attend their wedding and Soros daughter did put them up up at their Estate over the weekend of the Ceremony.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,117,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
You should show more respect for the people who pay for the food your people put in their mouths!

Where and how would your people be living if it wasn't for our "redneck" tax payers?

I am hoping that President Trump puts welfare reform at the top of his plans.
The majority of people on the snap program are not black so you can save your misinformation for someone else. Actually California (we did the right thing) pays more into the federal government than we receive in return. If Trump puts welfare reform at the top of his list he'll be hurting his own supports in middle America...

Yes, I went there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies