Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 12:49 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I have come to think of his voters, his campaign and his win as
The Walmart movement!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 12:52 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I hate to tell you it wasn't just people in rural areas that voted for Trump. People all over the country did and that's why you lost. The only areas where it was a landslide for Clinton was Philly, Atlanta, cities on the west coast, NYC, and a few other areas. In most other areas she either lost, or simply just held her own.
My state of NJ went to HRC, as expected, but my COUNTY and 8 other counties out of 21 went for Trump. While he did take the counties in South Jersey sometimes called "pretty much Alabama", he also took some of the wealthier counties, including my own--where Bruce Springsteen lives.

And I knew he would take my county but that Clinton would take the state, and so I securely followed my conscience and voted for neither of them, knowing that it wouldn't matter.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:55 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
Quote:
The Walmart movement!
Nah, you've always thought like that, and that's why you guys lost.

I'm sure it won't make you any less smug, because that's what you guys do so well.

Some of you will NEVER get it.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:58 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
I bet there're be lots of new reality TV shows. I hear CBS is showing a new series starting January 2nd called Who Wants To Be Secretary of State?

Some of the segments will be:

Name the Capital Contestants vying for ambassador have to come up with name of the capital of the country they've been assigned without using electronic devices!

Battling bimbos show off their "diplomatic skills" on the Puttin' out for Putin segment! Special guest star!!!!

I'm getting my supplies of popcorn out already!

Old 11-10-2016, 01:01 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Nah, you've always thought like that, and that's why you guys lost.

I'm sure it won't make you any less smug, because that's what you guys do so well.

Some of you will NEVER get it.
Oh I get it alright!!
The statement and the picture totally represents the
Trump voters that I know personally.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:06 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
The Walmart movement!
This attitude is part of the reason why you guys a lot of people have already figured that out including a number of prominent analysts.

Go cry some more and maybe hit up one of those counseling sessions they're giving at one of the schools hahahaha.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:07 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
The Walmart movement!

If it makes you feel better to hold on to that idea.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:13 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
The fact of the matter is, we are seeing a cultural change in the nation. People who still believe in common decency, deep-thought, and honesty are being pushed aside...
Oh give it a break.

You have public homosexual celebrations in Chicago with gay men riding butt naked on bicycles. Gay parades with men in full drag and others in underwear and naked lesbian submissive women walked on leashes by their dominate lesbian women.

Gay parades in New York were they insult the Catholic Church.

The Sherman Park Neighborhood I grew up in had a mini-riot were the black (Democrat, Hillary, Obama supporting rioters) were attacking white people in their cars.

By the way... I remember mentioning online some years ago that it is quite possible for a young white woman to get attacked by a mob of young black girls. I had blacks as well as whites from all over the place responding to me perfectly indecently, living their snobbish, self righteous obese a... everywhere but Milwaukee let alone its Sherman Park neighborhood.

(If news never reported it nationally or internationally, I bet if I mentioned online that a black cop in the same neighborhood shot another black guy, a riot sparked, and later that same black cop was arrested for raping another man, and the man crying about it and holding on to a hospital employee like a frightened child, all those same self righteous liberal and conservative snobs would in full hate call me a liar.)

There has been little common decency in the United States in decades. And deep thought? Laughable.

Here is some deep thought for you: alcoholism, crack addiction, food addiction, homosexuality, pedophilia are all epigenetic. And the behaviors can be changed while the addiction itself may never leave. So, not putting a penis in your mouth is no more "impossible" than not putting a beer bottle, or crack pipe, or extra plate of food in your mouth. Period. Only the severe alcoholic, out of all of them, might die if he does not feed his addiction. The rest of them will have adverse physiological reactions due to addictive cravings but they won't die from massive seizures.

And that kind of "deep thought" and honesty is intolerable today.

Trump is blunt like a blue collar worker. Like me. Although, I have more tact in person and I hope I'm charitable. But neither Trump nor I speak like politicians. By which I mean to speak like a f------ snake and liar.

Now all of a sudden, one man in America has over night changes the entire culture. But liberals have argued forever that all the many men and women in Hollywood, music, and other celebrity roles don't adversely affect youth.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:20 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yeah, a theocrat like Cruz would have been so much better.
The upside is that at least it wasn't Cruz. Cruz surely would've sent us back to the 17th century with his evangelical extremism

Old 11-10-2016, 01:28 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
Quote:
The Walmart movement!
That is okay, although I must tell you that liberals all remind me of that one kid in high school that had huge emotional issues but he still thought he was smarter than the rest of the school. Of course anytime someone proved him wrong he ran to the principal's office crying that he was being bullied. However I hope you guys keep it up, the rest of the democrat party is watching the liberal mess and realizing that they are out of control and they do not want to be associated with your group any longer. You guys and your condescending attitudes and attacks against anybody who you oppose will leave the Democrat party to the hard core liberals and ensure you do not win another national election any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies