Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 02:56 PM

1,504 posts, read 846,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
He said it wasn't a Muslim ban in JUNE.

Do facts even matter at all to you people ?
Look....all a Muslim has to do is declare they are not of the faith....end of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 03:09 PM

20,599 posts, read 19,261,971 times
I have no problem with someone saying "ban all Muslims" right after 100 people are mowed down, and then coming to their senses. That's why we have a Republic and not a king.

However anyone who thinks importing Muslim refugees from a country we keep bombing has no sense. Is Saudi Arabia taking in Ukrainians? If the Islamic world does not care about other Muslims then we know what we are dealing with.

The entire debate from the lefties is crap. Its not immigration or not immigration. Its what kind and how much. There is a video in Europe of Turks and Kurds fighting each other in the street. Think maybe it s good idea to look for harmony?

If Trump brings in a bunch if Syrian refugees, then his policy would be much like the same one we have had.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:12 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,896,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Everyone who voted for Trump knew that. It's not being against Muslims - it's keeping America safe against terrorists. Dems lied to their base to garner votes.
Well then isn't it so strange that he had that "ban" up in the first place?

Old 11-10-2016, 03:12 PM

39,014 posts, read 27,402,975 times
I still don't believe he would accept refugees from war torn countries. That is what most people wanted I believe.

however one wants to play the word game, it is their business.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:13 PM

77,020 posts, read 47,402,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Of course he's backtracking. On this and other issues. It was 95% BS anyway.
Yep. I feel sorry for those who bought the BS.

30,907 posts, read 32,896,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
No backpedal, because it NEVER WAS a "Muslim ban".

That's only how the media characterized it to demonize him.

Many months ago, Trump clarified his position, and it's based
on unsafe countries of origin, and other matters. In other words,
he never was going to ban all Muslims.
Well then, again, why remove it?

If it's legit and non-biased and helpful and all that.

7,736 posts, read 4,958,147 times
He removed that a while ago. He still will be banning the refugees and limiting immigration from Terrorist countries......

Old 11-10-2016, 03:14 PM

23,015 posts, read 18,343,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
They both played to their base as always-he didn't do it better; his base was just more gullible and they actually believed it. That's the problem: many in his base did not have common sense.

It's a shame because I think they will be sorely disappointed when he doesn't deliver those things. I know not ALL his base believed it but I've got a good pack of relatives and facebook friends who do.
Who remains naive enough to believe what comes out of a politician's mouth during the throes of a campaign anyway? Candidates at this level seek office because their egos insist on adulation. Which party they happen to belong to is meaningless. They'll say whatever it takes to win votes. Once they get what they want the pressure's off until their term comes up and the scrabbling starts all over again. The doors close and it's business as usual. If they are too extreme or belligerent to cooperate with other appointees they won't continue to get what they want, because their peers are a lot harder to steamroll than the typical voter. There are no saviors and no miracles so don't hold your breath.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:16 PM

2,606 posts, read 2,692,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Look....all a Muslim has to do is declare they are not of the faith....end of story.
Tell that to the women covering her hair. how will she declare "not of faith". that was the purpose of head scarf in first place

Old 11-10-2016, 03:17 PM

1,504 posts, read 846,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I still don't believe he would accept refugees from war torn countries. That is what most people wanted I believe.

however one wants to play the word game, it is their business.
IRONIC - how some of the weapons used in war torn countries were sold to the combatants by American corporations and common arms dealers. So an elite makes profit from human suffering and mayhem...then that creates refugees....that may come to Canada and America...that we have to then support....Maybe the merchants of war should foot the bill? After all they facilitated the mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies