Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 03:59 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times

Advertisements

For the record, I do think that if you don't agree with the company's policy, you should resign but I wouldn't expect an inclusive Liberal employer to say this:

Quote:
The CEO of Grubhub, an online food delivery service, sent a company wide email Wednesday suggesting employees who agree with President-elect Donald Trump’s behaviors and his campaign rhetoric should resign.

“If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here,” wrote Matt Maloney, Co-Founder of Grubhub. “We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team."
Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign | Fox News

Ironically in the same breath:
Quote:
The CEO said that he deeply respects the right of people to vote for whoever they decide, but that he simply wanted to “reassure our employees that our company will actively support diversity and inclusion -- regardless of national politics.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 04:02 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,051,873 times
What a bitter little turd

Old 11-10-2016, 04:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
For the record, I do think that if you don't agree with the company's policy, you should resign but I wouldn't expect an inclusive Liberal employer to say this:

Hypocrite.

Hell; I'll came down HARDER on a "liberal" over something like this mess ^^^ cause most of their kind truly think they're better than the rest of us.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:08 PM

19,651 posts, read 9,192,474 times
Quote:

The very definition of hypocrisy in the flesh.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:13 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,274,608 times
The old ' we support diversity and inclusion ' tag line has worked well for *******s for many years because their followers don't have the intellectual honesty to admit that inclusion is dependent on you agreeing with whatever they want you to agree with.

I wonder if the Grubhub boss got cancer and the best Dr. available was a Trump supporter, would he ask the Dr. to drop his case?

I would love to see that happen.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:24 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,650,489 times
Quote:

The title of your thread is false(and of course the incredibly biased foxnews characterization). The quote is as follows:

"I want to affirm that to anyone to anyone on our team that is scared or feels personally exposed, that I and everyone else here at Grubhub will fight for your dignity and your right and your right to make a better life for yourself and your family in the United States. If you do not agree with this then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here."

Now the email is unecessarily antoganistic, and it should be obvious that overt racism, sexism, and other characteristics being attributed to Trump are not allowed. But as to the content of the letter it is absolutely fine. What employer would tolerate his employees treating dealing with minorities, women etc the way trump has spoken about these same people
For instance the employer does not want the employees to be sexually assaulted, or called fat, disgusting, or be mocked for being disabled. I don't see any issue with this not being allowed.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:26 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,809,642 times
I hate intolerant people... will never use grubhub...

Old 11-10-2016, 04:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,843,028 times
Boycott time.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:30 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,735,357 times
Guess grubhub no longer wants to operate in this country. I for one will not be using them again.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:32 PM

1,504 posts, read 848,070 times
The Progressives have progressed into the land of tyranny...who would have thought that these gentle people could turn out in the end to be so cruel and heartless....Are they not human? Maybe they are part of the insect like collective? So...if you do not do and think as they say-they toss you into the fire....well-to hell with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies