Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 05:40 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,573,266 times

Advertisements

Don't pay attention to the posts about calls to assassinate Trump, or to posts about violence and looting, unless there's a cite to a legitimate mainstream news source. So far, I haven't seen any cite to a legitimate mainstream news source.

Those things are coming from far rightwing websites and are fabricated, as far as I can tell.

If there's a call to assassinate Trump, it most definitely will be reported on mainstream news. If there's looting going on, it will be reported on mainstream news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 05:43 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,370,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Don't pay attention to the posts about calls to assassinate Trump, or to posts about violence and looting, unless there's a cite to a legitimate mainstream news source. So far, I haven't seen any cite to a legitimate mainstream news source.

Those things are coming from far rightwing websites and are fabricated, as far as I can tell.

If there's a call to assassinate Trump, it most definitely will be reported on mainstream news. If there's looting going on, it will be reported on mainstream news.
Yeah! You can trust the liberally biased MSM
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:51 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
people are saying dumb stuff, and I'm sure people are saying that.

The bottom line is no one should be spreading it, and if the threat is real than those people need to be taken care of.

No real threat of such a claim should be tolerated.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:54 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
no such thing. right

Trump assassination calls as twitter trolls spark fears | World | News | Daily Express

Old 11-10-2016, 05:55 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Yes, only trust the "mainstream" press.

I mean...look at their accuracy over the last 48 hours alone. Bullseye after bullseye, right?

Old 11-10-2016, 05:56 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:

Oh really? Here in LA last night some of the graffiti written said Assassinate Trump. There was violence last night, and today several hundred HS kids walked out of school and looted a 7 11. Is KABC and KNBC in LA a legitimate source? I saw it on live TV.

Two blocked freeways and some fires and vandalism, was I watching a movie?

Old 11-10-2016, 05:57 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
It is a FELONY to threaten the life of the President OR President Elect .

What would be the "official" platform to threaten someone. Pretty sure it still counts as a felony if it's on Facebook or Twitter

It doesn't have to be handwritten with a felt pen or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threat..._United_States

Old 11-10-2016, 05:58 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times
Right, I suppose the WA Post is a right wing source now?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cross-the-u-s/

Authorities reported 16 cases of vandalism, including graffiti and looting

ABC is now a far right wing source too I suppose.
Fires erupt, vandalism reported at anti-Trump protest in Oakland | abc7news.com
Several buildings were vandalized and there were reports of looting and building fires throughout Wednesday night. Police have made arrests.

I'm sure "as far as you could tell" it was only being reported by "far right wing sources", but I doubt you can tell much.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:02 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
dems need to talk to dems to quit this violence. that would include hillary & obama coming out and saying something...

Old 11-10-2016, 06:05 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,432 times
"Kai" on Twitter says, "so who's going to assassinate Trump at his inauguration."

It goes downhill from there. Just one social media source. Doesn't take long to find it.

Donald Trump 'assassination' calls erupt on Twitter while Secret Service monitor | Daily Mail Online

There's several there for you to read. They're on Facebook too.

But the FBI and Secret Service have been called in.

Death threats happen in after lot of elections, not just for Trump.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies