Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 10:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nope, you have no principles.

Tax fraud is tax fraud.

In fact, the pettier your tax fraud, the more suspect you are in my book.

This was or should have been an initial clue to the American people about how absolutely corrupt the Clintons were/are.
So bilking hopeful entrepreneurs out of their savings is okay by your standards? How about stiffing small business out of their money? And you speak of principles? LOL Trump is a birther snake oil salesman and you have been had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 10:32 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Are you really attempting to make the 'it depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is' argument? Sheeesh.
No, but of course you know that.

Your statement makes absolutely no sense.

I'm quite sure whatever is being audited on Trumps return is beyond the ken of most Americans, and I would wager Trump himself doesn't even know the correct legal position if there is one.

Likely whatever he is being audited for is a battle between the IRS and his accountants and however much you would like to believe it is clear cut, tax law/policy is not always clear cut.

The IRS will rule and Trumps accountants will accept or take it to Tax Court as is their right. I am perfectly fine with letting that play out, and I don't really care about the results, because I am quite sure it involves arcane tax laws related to his businesses that most of us unless we are tax experts wouldn't understand.

If you don't like Trump, there's nothing on his tax return that will make you like him more.

If you like Trump, there's nothing on his tax return that will make you like him less.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Sorry you say that because I'm pretty sure I know more about this then you do. And no it doesn't take take that long. This is Trump trying to hid what he's been doing.
Well dear since I worked for the IRS for a time, I am quite sure, you DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:37 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
No, but of course you know that.

Your statement makes absolutely no sense.

I'm quite sure whatever is being audited on Trumps return is beyond the ken of most Americans, and I would wager Trump himself doesn't even know the correct legal position if there is one.

Likely whatever he is being audited for is a battle between the IRS and his accountants and however much you would like to believe it is clear cut, tax law/policy is not always clear cut.

The IRS will rule and Trumps accountants will accept or take it to Tax Court as is their right. I am perfectly fine with letting that play out, and I don't really care about the results, because I am quite sure it involves arcane tax laws related to his businesses that most of us unless we are tax experts wouldn't understand.

If you don't like Trump, there's nothing on his tax return that will make you like him more.

If you like Trump, there's nothing on his tax return that will make you like him less.
It has nothing to do with not liking or liking Trump. All president elects have released their taxes. That's just the norm. Trump, for some reason doesn't want to release his taxes. Sorry, that's a red flag.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Well dear since I worked for the IRS for a time, I am quite sure, you DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.
Please don't try and condescend me by calling me dear lol It just doesn't work on me. And I'm still confident I know more than you do

Old 11-18-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Please don't try and condescend me by calling me dear lol It just doesn't work on me. And I'm still confident I know more than you do
Really?

You don't know like I do that the IRS has 3 years to audit any return and 7 years if they believe there is criminal intent involved.

You don't know like I do that they rarely audit current year returns in November unless they are doing audits by mail that involve only matching information docs provided by payers of income to income reported that is basically a computer match and not really an audit as most people understand it.

More than likely Trump due to his wealth and business holdings is perpetually under audit. He may even have his own personal IRS auditor on site as many large corporations do in order to streamline the process both for the business and for the govt.

Quite sure from what you have posted so far, you didn't know all that.

But, carry on with your superior knowledge.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:48 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Nothing...he's ****ing Honest Abe incarnate. He also pisses spring water.
If he has an official copy of his birth certificate and has no issue releasing his college "app" forms?

He's waaaaaaaaay ahead of Obama.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
You've worked for the IRS?

You're a business owner?

Last edited by Informed Info; 11-18-2016 at 11:00 PM..

Old 11-18-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Really?

You don't know like I do that the IRS has 3 years to audit any return and 7 years if they believe there is criminal intent involved.

You don't know like I do that they rarely audit current year returns in November unless they are doing audits by mail that involve only matching information docs provided by payers of income to income reported that is basically a computer match and not really an audit as most people understand it.

More than likely Trump due to his wealth and business holdings is perpetually under audit. He may even have his own personal IRS auditor on site as many large corporations do in order to streamline the process both for the business and for the govt.

Quite sure from what you have posted so far, you didn't know all that.

But, carry on with your superior knowledge.
Oh but I do know all of this, as most people do. What you don't seem to realize is that Trump is purposely trying to keep the audit off his back.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
There's no law that says a candidate has to call their opponent and concede an election, or give an election concession speech.. How would you feel if Hillary hadn't done either of those?
al gore conceded in 2000 then revoked it pending the outcome of florida, so what? if there is no law requiring it, then if a losing candidate chooses not to call their opponent, that is their choice. same with the concession speech. but that would make them seem like a poor loser.

Quote:
There's no law that says the president has to welcome the incoming president to the White House shortly after the election.. But, how would you have reacted had Obama not done that?
no big deal to me.

Quote:
Precedence, ceremony and tradition do mean things outside of legality. No, he's under no legal requirement to do it. But, while as I've said.. I'm much happier he got elected than Hillary.. I disagree with him not releasing the returns.
the tradition of conceding and inviting the incoming president to the white house are likely as old as the country. releasing ones tax returns only goes back to nixon, and he only did that to gain an advantage over his opponent.

Quote:
What??? Don't blame it on the IRS. All presidents have released their tax returns except Trump. If that's not a red flag for you then I don't know what is.
wrong, all presidents SINCE NIXON have released their tax returns, but before that they were kept private. nison released his tax returns to gain an advantage over his opponent, as i noted there is no legal requirement to release tax returns. trump did file the legal financial disclosure statements though, and that is all that is required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies