Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:04 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I would agree with this.

There is a population of people that view Trump's rhetoric as personally threatening (me included.. but I'll accept his presidency). I think this is a normal process of venting that anger... its actually better than letting it fester into something worse. I don't think that type of sentiment would be felt with another Republican candidate.

If anything, it is a reminder that Trump is our president but far from having the blessing of the majority of the voters. he has work to do to earn their respect... then and only then he can earn their trust.

NO it is NOT a normal thing. They are violent, beating people and damaging other peoples property. That is not normal behavior. They can go to safe spaces to vent, there are enough of them at colleges. They can destroy their own cars and their own property, destroy their own IPOD and Xbox, their cots in daddys basement. Let them go to the areas that did elect Trump to cause trouble and see how far they get.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:10 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
This wouldn't be happening if someone sane like Rubio or Bush were elected. If you can't see why minorities are mad Trump was elected, it shows that you are either out of touch or choose to be ignorant.
It's not even minorities protesting it's mostly just 20something rich hipster white boys living in their moms basement. Such as in Portland.

After they're done protesting they're going to go groom their beta male beard while sipping on their 10 dollar trendy Latte.

They look completely stupid to the majority of the country and you can wager they know very little about politics anyway...and they probably don't even work.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:54 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's not even minorities protesting it's mostly just 20something rich hipster white boys living in their moms basement. Such as in Portland.

After they're done protesting they're going to go groom their beta male beard while sipping on their 10 dollar trendy Latte.

They look completely stupid to the majority of the country and you can wager they know very little about politics anyway...and they probably don't even work.
Thought like this is what got Trump elected but reversed. I could say Trump supporters are all overweight, hill billy trash but that's not true. Stop generalizing, your ignorance is showing.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:55 AM

97 posts, read 58,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
NO it is NOT a normal thing. They are violent, beating people and damaging other peoples property. That is not normal behavior. They can go to safe spaces to vent, there are enough of them at colleges. They can destroy their own cars and their own property, destroy their own IPOD and Xbox, their cots in daddys basement. Let them go to the areas that did elect Trump to cause trouble and see how far they get.
Except the vast majority of protesters are peaceful, the anarchists are the ones taking advantage of the situation to cause trouble.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

They may look stupid now, but I think Trump supporters will be the ones looking stupid in the long run....

We also need to get rid of the terms alpha and beta....we don't live in the jungle anymore. Stop acting like we do.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:17 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are venting out their anger. I predict they will get tired of it after the weekend.
i agree that they are venting their anger at losing, especially when the polls and the media were proclaiming clinton the winner even before the first vote was counted. so now they are mad because they didnt get what they want. as for them getting tired of it, they will, but it might take a while.

Quote:
This wouldn't be happening if someone sane like Rubio or Bush were elected. If you can't see why minorities are mad Trump was elected, it shows that you are either out of touch or choose to be ignorant.
actually it probably would. remember the anger against trump is a concoction of the hillary campaign, and her cronies in the media. we were told constantly that trump was a jackass, that he hates women and minorities, etc. etc. etc. trump would say something like, " we need to end illegal immigration" and the media spews it as trump hates mexicans. and this is just one example.

in the end the people saw through the crap from the media and the clinton campaign, and voted for the person that tapped into the silent majority's anger and frustration.

remember also that clintons only message was vote for me because trump is a jackass. trump said vote for me so we can make america great again. remember back in 1980? reagan had a positive message for the country, carter told us to put on a sweater.

hillary could also have won this election had she just gone to the four states she lost because she paid only token visits to since she felt they were in her pocket. wisconsin, michigan, ohio, and pennsylvania. clinton pretty much ignored these states, and the result was she lost them, because trump went in and campaigned actively in those states. the democrats thought those sates were safe, they werent.

as for some one like rubio or bush, yes the same thing would be happening now. once again you forget that the media is pretty much in clintons pocket, and they would have been pushing the same narrative that clinton was unbeatable that the election was won before the first vote was cast, etc. and if rubio or bush had then won, they too would be the subject of protests from the snowflakes that bought into the medias lies. dont kid yourself.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:20 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:

Yeah, but if Rubio or Bush were elected, then I would be pissed off!

Old 11-11-2016, 11:22 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuralNet88 View Post
They may look stupid now, but I think Trump supporters will be the ones looking stupid in the long run....

We also need to get rid of the terms alpha and beta....we don't live in the jungle anymore. Stop acting like we do.
and now the PC police are being heard from. lets stop the crap of getting rid of words just because you dont like how they are used. while i agree that words that are truly disparaging should be eliminated from the lexicon, we cant ban every word just because.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and now the PC police are being heard from. lets stop the crap of getting rid of words just because you dont like how they are used. while i agree that words that are truly disparaging should be eliminated from the lexicon, we cant ban every word just because.
They are used to try to show superiority and just show stupidity.

Again we're not animals in the jungle anymore.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:36 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
OP it's pretty simple. We have a whole lot of people, mostly young, that have never been held accountable. That think rules and laws don't apply to them. That have been spoiled and catered their entire lives, first by their parents, and later by their schools/universities. They were SO positive that a Democratic win was going to extent that entitlement throughout their entire adult lives.

They ran face-first into a locked door when the adults finally said no. So now they are throwing a temper tantrum and stamping their feet. Like most spoiled children when told no for the first time. Soon perhaps they will wake up and learn to share their toys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies