Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Fear For Your Personal Safety as an LGBTQ Community Member Under President Trump?
I Fear for My Personal Safety as an LGBTQ Community Member Under President Trump. 13 30.23%
I Do NOT Fear for My Personal Safety as an LGBTQ Community Member Under President Trump. 30 69.77%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 11:25 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Indeed. But the thing with Muslims is they're more of a long-term demographic consideration. In other words, under a left/liberal-controlled USA, the growth of the Muslim demographic would be a problem for later generations to contend with. The current generation of homosexuals is more concerned with their more immediate interests.
Well, that's stupid. Might want to have a care for future generations too, and the fact that the future would have been hastened by Clinton's open door policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 11:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
The election is over. The people have spoken. For better or for worse Donald J. Trump is our President Elect. I was a "Bernie Bro" who never quite "came around" to championing Secretary Clinton's campaign because I didn't find her to be trustworthy; however, I ended up making a last-minute decision to vote for her instead of a third-party candidate because I feared this wasn't the right election to spite the DNC for shafting Bernie.

Since Wednesday morning Facebook friends of mine have already shared links to Tweets and Facebook updates encouraging Trump voters to start rallying together to toss gay people off roofs, as Islamic extremists are prone to do abroad. I've been trying to keep an open mind regarding a Trump presidency and want to respect the will of the people. I've chosen not to join in the protests here in the liberal parts of Pittsburgh and have instead adopted a "wait-and-see" approach, hoping Trump won't listen to the "throw the gays off roofs" crowds and instead focus on fixing health care, the economy, ISIS, and immigration---four issues which I feel are far more important than wanting to exterminate the gays.

Still, though, in the back of my mind I fear that some people who have been so swept up in this populism will decide to use this newfound wave of civic pride for their candidate winning as an excuse to begin to harass and target fellow members of the LGBTQ community.

Is anyone else terrified that our President Elect, instead of focusing on the issues that SHOULD be important, will instead use his popularity to advance an agenda of "cultural cleansing" by encouraging his loyalists to harm others? I'm scared right now. I truly am. I'm not an easily-identifiable homosexual to the untrained eye or ear, but my partner can be a little "loud" sometimes. Should I fear people banding together to hang him from a bridge?

This fabulous f*ggot doesn't think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_CZ-o-LBRk

Old 11-12-2016, 11:43 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Really???
Really?
Like now because Trump is going to be president we can start running around beating up gays. It's ridiculous. Anybody harassing gays would be doing it regardless of who is president.
Unfortunately the anti-minority and anti-gay sentiments were stirred up by Trump during the election. It isn't a large majority of his supporters, but the alt-right and the kkk have been encouraged and are acting out.

Forbes Welcome

Quote:
Ada Gonzalez was about to drop off her son, one of the few Hispanic students at his school, on Wednesday in Ventura, California, when she says she noticed a group of fifth graders chanting “Build a wall!†In Rochester, New York, pride flags were burned outside homes. Elsewhere, a teacher reported that a 10-year-old girl had to be picked up from school after a boy grabbed her vagina, saying if a president can do it, he can, too.
Quote:
The list of minority groups reporting hate-based harassment and violence in the past 48 hours is growing. There were claims of attacks against Muslims, including women having their hijabs ripped off. Students at Southern Illinois University appeared to celebrate Donald Trump’s win in blackface in front of a confederate flag. Asian Americans claim to have received racist threats. Women have reported being sexually assaulted with the excuse that “Trump won the presidential race.â€

Chants of “Build the wall†at schools aren’t limited to Ventura–instances have been filmed elsewhere, including a middle school in Royal Oak, Michigan; at a junior high school in DeWitt, Michigan, students reportedly lined up to form a physical wall to keep Hispanic students from getting to classrooms and lockers. And “Whites Only†signs have been scrawled on school bathroom doors from Illinois to Minnesota and beyond.
Quote:
Even prior to Election Day, hate crimes against American Muslims had soared to their highest levels since the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, with critics blaming the Islamophobic language of Trump’s campaign. The number of violent attacks against Muslims since Trump first declared his candidacy is three to five times higher than it was prior to the election, according to ThinkProgress. Yesterday, a Muslim student at San Diego State University was reportedly confronted by men who made comments about Trump and Muslims, prior to taking her car.
What are people doing? They are donating in record numbers to the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, the Human Rights Campaign, the NAACP and other organizations that have pledged to fight the actions Trump wants to take.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:43 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
If you are gay and support Trump , you will get a beating for sure. Just show up at a march against Trump. They will beat the crap out of you.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:46 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
The election is over. The people have spoken. For better or for worse Donald J. Trump is our President Elect. I was a "Bernie Bro" who never quite "came around" to championing Secretary Clinton's campaign because I didn't find her to be trustworthy; however, I ended up making a last-minute decision to vote for her instead of a third-party candidate because I feared this wasn't the right election to spite the DNC for shafting Bernie.

Since Wednesday morning Facebook friends of mine have already shared links to Tweets and Facebook updates encouraging Trump voters to start rallying together to toss gay people off roofs, as Islamic extremists are prone to do abroad. I've been trying to keep an open mind regarding a Trump presidency and want to respect the will of the people. I've chosen not to join in the protests here in the liberal parts of Pittsburgh and have instead adopted a "wait-and-see" approach, hoping Trump won't listen to the "throw the gays off roofs" crowds and instead focus on fixing health care, the economy, ISIS, and immigration---four issues which I feel are far more important than wanting to exterminate the gays.

Still, though, in the back of my mind I fear that some people who have been so swept up in this populism will decide to use this newfound wave of civic pride for their candidate winning as an excuse to begin to harass and target fellow members of the LGBTQ community.

Is anyone else terrified that our President Elect, instead of focusing on the issues that SHOULD be important, will instead use his popularity to advance an agenda of "cultural cleansing" by encouraging his loyalists to harm others? I'm scared right now. I truly am. I'm not an easily-identifiable homosexual to the untrained eye or ear, but my partner can be a little "loud" sometimes. Should I fear people banding together to hang him from a bridge?
I know gays who voted Trump and are surrounded by liberals. They fear the liberals before the Trump supporters.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:16 PM

997 posts, read 936,291 times
This is what it is.

Anybody can throw anybody off a building. Anybody can form a lynch mob, and anybody can burn someone at the stake.

These are practices that have been popular in the past but they are not sanctioned today. They are entirely illegal and will always be illegal.

There is no 'free pass' to engage in hate crimes. We have laws against hate crimes and those laws will not be overturned.

Donald Trump is not handing out permission slips to commit violent acts. Rabble-rousers might be celebrating and claiming victory but that does not mean that our personal values have changed. Theirs have not, and ours have not.

I live in a liberal area and the gay issue, is a non-issue. Younger generations of Americans have grown up accepting diversity. This is what I have observed.

The changes in acceptance were not brought about by any Presidential decree. It was the grass roots community and the bravery of those who fought for that freedom. The more people who have come out of the closet and advocated for themselves and their rights are the ones who are responsible for the changes that we have seen.

That cannot be undone.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:40 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
It's not Trump it's the ones whispering in his ear that concerns me

Old 11-12-2016, 12:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
It doesn't matter how "pro-gay" he is. If he appoints Scalia clones who take on a case and undo nationwide gay marriage, out of Trump's hands, aside from his pledge to appoint conservative justices....than it doesn't matter if he parades around with rainbow flags, says he is pro-gay, says that people can use whatever bathroom they want, etc. etc. etc.
Supreme Court has already ruled.. Are you somehow also worried they will make slavery legal as well?

Old 11-12-2016, 12:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you are gay and support Trump , you will get a beating for sure. Just show up at a march against Trump. They will beat the crap out of you.
Compared with going to nations which Clinton took money from, they will cut their heads off...

Old 11-12-2016, 01:23 PM

601 posts, read 592,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Supreme Court has already ruled.. Are you somehow also worried they will make slavery legal as well?
List of overruled Supreme Court Cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ourt_decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies