Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 10:39 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The KKK is literally having a victory parade after the candidate they supported won
It gets tiresome hearing this KKK thing. It's a Class A logical fallacy in action. A implies B does not mean B implies A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 10:47 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It gets tiresome hearing this KKK thing. It's a Class A logical fallacy in action. A implies B does not mean B implies A.
You elect someone to REPRESENT your ideas to bring to the table. For the GOP it's Trump.

Deal with the consequences or find a better (non-douchy) candidate.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:53 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I need to find a nice baseball bat lapel pin.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:58 PM

381 posts, read 177,234 times
This crude generalization of those who vote differently than you is why many are increasingly turned off by the left. Ticking off groups of people and calling them deplorable isn't doing you any favors--just ask Hillary.
I personally know a few people who were bitter in defeat and were talking crap about Trump and his supporters--this after I've been open-minded and respectful of their support for Hillary. I had no problem walking away from these people because life is too precious to deal with hateful people who are also hypocrites.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:01 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Why are people wearing safety pins after Trump victory? - BBC News

I had not heard this before, but this is an excellent, PEACEFUL, way to show all those Minorities which Trump and his supporter hate, that we (especially White Americans) are with you and you can count on us. A lesson from childhood playground. A bully cannot be a bully when there are others around who will support and protect their victims. Let the Non-Bigoted White Americans stand up and be counted against all the Hatred.

I have a very, very old pin from my Immigrant Great-Grandma from almost 100 years ago. Perfect, in more ways than one.

Pass it on and wear it to show that we are your Safe Haven.
Maybe we could airdrop some of these down to the rioting cupcakes as well:

Old 11-11-2016, 11:02 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
True: Hillary Clinton says federal government sued Donald Trump for housing discrimination | PolitiFact

To be fair Trump brags about settling without a admission of guilt. Yeah.

That help?

The KKK is literally having a victory parade after the candidate they supported won
Ok, I read your link, and thank you. I was not aware of that example. But that was a situation from all the way back in 1973. I don't see how that would make his supporters, suddenly this week after he won the election, start behaving like racists (which is what the media seems to be telling us---all these racist acts are occurring now that Trump has won).

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Trump solicited support from the KKK, and it is unfortunate for him that they have latched onto him. He absolutely should have done more to denounce them, primarily because it would be the morally right thing to do of course, but also because any perception of an alliance between Trump and the KKK would surely cost him many more votes than he would gain. (It's estimated that there are only 5000-6000 KKK members, not enough to risk alienating the vast majority of Republicans who are not racist and who find the KKK vile and abhorrent).

Old 11-11-2016, 11:14 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Maybe we could airdrop some of these down to the rioting cupcakes as well:
"cupcakes" who do you think will care for you in your old age. You can laugh now but what will you do when you are old and feeble. lol Honestly, don't degrade anyone. It's not classy

Old 11-11-2016, 11:21 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
You elect someone to REPRESENT your ideas to bring to the table. For the GOP it's Trump.

Deal with the consequences or find a better (non-douchy) candidate.
You honestly don't even see the logical fallacy, do you?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:30 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
"cupcakes" who do you think will care for you in your old age. You can laugh now but what will you do when you are old and feeble. lol Honestly, don't degrade anyone. It's not classy
What's not classy are thousands of people destroying property, vandalizing, stopping traffic, beating people up, destroying police vehicles and injuring police officers, calling those who voted for Trump racists and sexists and homophobes, and openly denigrating and dismissing the system of government that has been in place in this country for a couple of centuries. But go ahead and focus on my single dismissive word.

And BTW my son is thankfully not a cupcake. An old and feeble me would be comfortable with the good and decent man that is my son.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:36 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
What's not classy are thousands of people destroying property, vandalizing, stopping traffic, beating people up, destroying police vehicles and injuring police officers, calling those who voted for Trump racists and sexists and homophobes, and openly denigrating and dismissing the system of government that has been in place in this country for a couple of centuries. But go ahead and focus on my single dismissive word.

And BTW my son is thankfully not a cupcake. An old and feeble me would be comfortable with the good and decent man that is my son.
Sorry, you calling someone a cupcake is not classy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies