Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 03:13 PM

270 posts, read 198,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I'll meet you in the middle and say that publicly their purpose was police brutality, but those of us that have followed them closely see that it was really a lgbt organization that used black shootings. I have no problem with that basic meaning behind the blm phrase, but that organization was bs and accomplishes nothing. Also, I know that BLM is now being used as the code word for all blacks, since "thugs" got exposed. LOL
I'll go with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 03:27 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
and i'm sure there are more than a few black people who want payback against whites for the slavery issues from 150 years ago..........I wonder how many black cops have pulled over whites just to get some payback?
THey shouldn't have sold their own people to us. Did they do the work? NO. So why would they get reparations. That would be racist to give them money because of their race because today's generation wasn't enslaved. Their payment is getting to live in America and not Africa. They can hardly feed themselves in Africa. Here they get subsidized schools, housing, food, policing. How are they doing without all that in Africa?

Old 11-11-2016, 03:51 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
How does blocking interstates or trashing property accomplish this?

Awareness. People are being brutalized. I think your lengthened commute is less of a serious issue.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
and i'm sure there are more than a few black people who want payback against whites for the slavery issues from 150 years ago..........I wonder how many black cops have pulled over whites just to get some payback?
Let's not forget Jim Crow. I'm sure your grandparents took part in it and maybe even your parents. Don't play innocent.

Old 11-11-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Awareness. People are being brutalized. I think your lengthened commute is less of a serious issue.
Well if they followed police orders and stopped resisting arrest they wouldn't be "brutalized."

The protests being discussed are because trump was elected president anyways. Nothing to do with cops. Are you even paying attention?

Old 11-11-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Well if they followed police orders and stopped resisting arrest they wouldn't be "brutalized."
How do you know that they didn't? Is there a particular reason you are refusing to believe them and choosing to believe the cops instead?

Old 11-11-2016, 03:58 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,573,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BougNeg1 View Post
I am an African American. I did not vote for Trump because of some of his irresponsible statements.
However, you Liberals and BLM types have been 10 times as irresponsible as he was. You can only push people so far. BlackLivesMatter has been too hypocritical regarding these police shootings.
The liberal media has been way too smug with their elitist attitudes.
You all deserved that smack upside your heads that you got on election night.
The reason Trump won, to my understanding, is the white male midwestern vote of Michigan & Wisconsin & PA, having to do with jobs and NAFTA and outsourcing.

The ones who hate BLM and liberals were always going to vote the Republican ticket, anyway. That's not why Trump won.

Michael Moore, who lives in Flint, Michigan, says MONTHS ago that Trump was going to win. He was the first to say that Trump would win, and he was laughed at when he said it. He knew because he lives where those workin' stiffs live, that's who his friends are, and he'd been paying attention. Bernie Sanders won those states over Hillary. That was astounding. Then MORE Republicans voted in the primaries than Democrats....in Democratic states. So he KNEW that they, and other guys like them, would vote for Trump and Trump would win.

It's about jobs, politicians not paying attention to their needs, shipping their jobs to Mexico, outsourcing, the terrible trade deals, etc.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
How do you know that they didn't? Is there a particular reason you are refusing to believe them and choosing to believe the cops instead?
Yes. Because I've seen the same videos you have.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:03 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,054,848 times
Quote:
Because people love being stuck in traffic and especially love and appreciate those that are the cause.

Sheesh, just seeing others being inconvenienced in this way pisses 99% of people off and makes them hate the "cause" the protesters are representing.

Blocking traffic is the DUMBEST way to try to get people to be sympathetic to a "cause".

Old 11-11-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post

The protests being discussed are because trump was elected president anyways. Nothing to do with cops. Are you even paying attention?
To your second point, I'm just saying don't blame BLM. It's just not related to Trump winning.

I think Hilary may not have been the best candidate. I'm not sure she brought enough excitement. Almost of 50% of those eligible to vote didn't vote at all. News outlets are saying this was the lowest turnout in 20 years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rnout-plunged/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies