Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 01:24 PM

270 posts, read 197,162 times

Advertisements

I am an African American. I did not vote for Trump because of some of his irresponsible statements.
However, you Liberals and BLM types have been 10 times as irresponsible as he was. You can only push people so far. BlackLivesMatter has been too hypocritical regarding these police shootings.
The liberal media has been way too smug with their elitist attitudes.
You all deserved that smack upside your heads that you got on election night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 01:27 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,917,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BougNeg1 View Post
I am an African American. I did not vote for Trump because of some of his irresponsible statements.
However, you Liberals and BLM types have been 10 times as irresponsible as he was. You can only push people so far. BlackLivesMatter has been too hypocritical regarding these police shootings.

Excellent post and I would agree.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:37 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,251,367 times
Quote:
Are you saying we shouldn't question police shootings? I completely disagree. When it comes to the loss of life, investigation and inquiry needs to take place especially since the police have a history of harassing black people. Don't blame BLM, blame those in society who have caused the need for BLM. If people would let go of their racism and hatred for other races there would be no need for BLM.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:40 PM

14,173 posts, read 22,614,214 times
Quote:
You've just demonstrated a degree of awareness and introspection that most people who voted against Donald Trump conspicuously lack.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:44 PM

3,798 posts, read 4,648,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Are you saying we shouldn't question police shootings? I completely disagree. When it comes to the loss of life, investigation and inquiry needs to take place especially since the police have a history of harassing black people. Don't blame BLM, blame those in society who have caused the need for BLM. If people would let go of their racism and hatred for other races there would be no need for BLM.

There is a difference between questioning an unarmed person walking away from a cop & being shot/killed versus somebody who literally is a threat in that cops personal space.

Many people are okay with BLM but then they start shutting down interstates & assuming every police shooting is an unjustified one.

Many people fear for their friends & family members that are cops because such a negative image has been portrayed of them despite only a small % of them being bad cops.

Where I live I've seen protest of a cop shooting when the person killed literally HAVING A GUN WITH THEM AIMED AT THE COPS!

They jump to conclusions without the facts. The list goes on but the OP is right. I don't know if technically BLM cost Clinton the election but they def did not help.

And your statement also is why many people voted for Trump. You assume its' all about racism. That's the answer people like you always use. And I'm not disagreeing with you about an investigation of any death but BLM jumps to conclusions. There are stupid people in every race that believe everything they hear. So if you're one of those stupid people that follow BLM you might listen to them after a recent cop shooting and automatically think it was unjustified because BLM acts as if it is. But if you waited for the investigation to be completed you'd see that the person killed had a gun on them and did have a history of violence and was a threat to society.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Nope. We should always question police shootings--but we should always look at both sides of the story without yelling that the white cop is always a "racist."

Old 11-11-2016, 01:47 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,034,971 times
Quote:
I remember the Democratic convention in '68 that nominated Hubert Humphrey. The battles in the streets between the Chicago police and the "demonstrators". The Chicago cops were vicious and out of control but the organizers of the "demonstrations" (Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, Tom Hayden, etc.) purposefully provoked the cops into overreacting. And rightly or wrongly many people associated the rampaging "demonstrators" in the streets with the democratic party and either stayed home on election day or voted for Nixon. I believe the OP is correct in that something similar has happened in this election. A lot of people have associated the current democratic party with some of these radical leftist groups and decided to sit out the election. And this tipped the election to Trump.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:48 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,552,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
There is a difference between questioning an unarmed person walking away from a cop & being shot/killed versus somebody who literally is a threat in that cops personal space.

Many people are okay with BLM but then they start shutting down interstates & assuming every police shooting is an unjustified one.

Many people fear for their friends & family members that are cops because such a negative image has been portrayed of them despite only a small % of them being bad cops.

Where I live I've seen protest of a cop shooting when the person killed literally HAVING A GUN WITH THEM AIMED AT THE COPS!

They jump to conclusions without the facts. The list goes on but the OP is right. I don't know if technically BLM cost Clinton the election but they def did not help.
BLM didn't cost her the election it was:

Anti-establishment movement/feeling in the US populace.
She ran a bad campaign
She got lots of negative press (Comey's annoucement) right before election

...in that order.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:50 PM

772 posts, read 387,667 times
Totally agree! I am sick of it!

Old 11-11-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I remember the Democratic convention in '68 that nominated Hubert Humphrey. The battles in the streets between the Chicago police and the "demonstrators". The Chicago cops were vicious and out of control but the organizers of the "demonstrations" (Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, Tom Hayden, etc.) purposefully provoked the cops into overreacting. And rightly or wrongly many people associated the rampaging "demonstrators" in the streets with the democratic party and either stayed home on election day or voted for Nixon. I believe the OP is correct in that something similar has happened in this election. A lot of people have associated the current democratic party with some of these radical leftist groups and decided to sit out the election. And this tipped the election to Trump.
Yep. People never learn from history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies