Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 09:52 PM

1,850 posts, read 819,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
My gosh. Did I say I believed that?
Oh, so you only like it when the government "sledgehammers" someone else and not you or your industry. I see.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:00 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Oh, so you only like it when the government "sledgehammers" someone else and not you or your industry. I see.
Out of curiosity, have you ever lived in another country?

Old 12-19-2016, 10:03 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,334,242 times
Quote:
The whole point is that not every segment of society lends itself to a free-market approach - and that MAYBE health care is one of these.

Take the military. Could you envision a situation where the EXACT SAME market dynamics that apply to manufacturing widgets translates PRECISELY into operating our armed forces?

Too much silliness. Good night.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:07 PM

1,850 posts, read 819,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The whole point is that not every segment of society lends itself to a free-market approach - and that MAYBE health care is one of these.

Take the military. Could you envision a situation where the EXACT SAME market dynamics that apply to manufacturing widgets translates PRECISELY into operating our armed forces.

Too much silliness. Good night.
Actually, the military is part of the government, so I don't know what relevance that has. But, yeah, we could use free market economics to streamline waste in it.

The more interesting thing is how healthcare can be sledgehammered by the government, but not other industries, conveniently and coincidentally. How about this instead? The government forces everyone in America who is NOT in healthcare to donate their time -- say one weekend a month -- to help out in healthcare fields, including nursing homes and hospitals? That's on top of your current job and you don't get paid.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:45 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,085 times
Quote:
Actually, the military is part of the government, so I don't know what relevance that has. But, yeah, we could use free market economics to streamline waste in it.
You simply don't have a clue as to what you write about.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:36 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And, as a single woman, I shouldn't have to pay to subsidize the result of a man gratifying his sexual urges just because he doesn't want to pay his fair share. Time for him to sell his 800 dollar cell phone and brand new car and pay child support instead of sucking me dry.
I totally agree, but take that up with all the women who won't name a father on their babies' birth certificates because they know doing so cuts their public assistance benefits. THERE'S the problem.

It's SO much of a problem that an IL Legislator introduced a Bill requiring that a father be named or that woman's and child's public assistance benefits would be eliminated.

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of HB6064

This should be done, nationwide.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Have you never heard of the government taxing or over regulating behavior it doesn't approve of?
Yeah, achievement and success. Overtaxed, BY FAR.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Ironically, isn't that the government and taxes and over-regulation you support?
Exactly. They don't think things through...

Old 12-20-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Ironically, you mean that way you support government regulating legal abortion right out of existence?
Oh, you're yet another one who thinks it's OK that women's abortion clinics have lower medical and safety standards than ambulatory surgery centers that serve men? Why not deregulate it all completely and just let them go back to the equivalent of dirty coat hangars in back alley facilities?

Misogynists rear their ugly heads again. Disgusting!

Your "not overly regulated" hero:

'House of horrors' alleged at abortion clinic - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

Old 12-20-2016, 05:54 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
To those who oppose the ACA how would you deal with people with pre-existing conditions with your health plan?
Sure
Do your absolute best to be healthy

Don't be....
100 pounds overweight
Smoke
Use drugs
Engage in risky sex or pursuits purposefully
Never exercise
Eat copius amounts of bad foods and meat

And then expect medicine to fix you

If you have done the above...

Then

Insure everyone with catastrophic insurance that everyone pays something for.
If you are REALLY disabled then go into the pool of such people

Kind of what Trump is proposing...

If you don't engage in healthy behavior don't expect us to pay for it

Sorry dopers of all kinds... We won't pay for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies