Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 11:10 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Oh my goodness. The very people who were ranting about crony capitalists, Wall Street manipulation of our political institutions and corruption are now enthralled because those erstwhile enemies are taking over the Trump administration.
What corruption HA! The left didn't see anything wrong with the corrupt Hillary Clinton.

Rudy cleaned up NYC. They were loyal to Trump . Not a Rino. There were a few who didn't put their party first like most Rino's and democrats. They supported a corrupt woman and corrupt democratic party . Those who wanted to clean up Washington voted Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 11:25 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I don't have personal experience with birthing a baby, either, but I'm pretty confident in saying that it's painful.
See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I pay as little as I am legally allowed to in Federal Income taxes and my tax bill is still larger than most people's yearly salary. Regulations? Lol, see below.

You guys crack me up! My wise father told me that the good Lord gave us two ears and one mouth so that we could listen twice as much as we speak.

I own two businesses. An online brokerage business and an automotive services business. Here's a list of the red tape that I have to contend with. While we have always had to comply with these regulatory agencies, much of the new regulation was enacted during the last eight years.

Non compliance violations of any of the below agencies are in the tens of thousands of dollars. Again, these regulations are recent and have done nothing but add revenue to Federal, State, and Local coffers with no upside to business or the general public.

Federal:
  • Environmental Protection Agency - EPA - Implements standards which are and ridiculous and expensive to implement and have caused smaller businesses to cease operating. Compliance cost my company over $65,000 last year alone.
  • Federal Trade Commission - FTC - Additional advertising regulation, more clerical work with no upside.
  • National Insurance Crime Bureau - NICB - Additional reporting regulation, more clerical work with no upside.
  • National Motor Vehicle Title Information System - NMVTIS - Additional reporting regulation, more clerical work with no upside.
State:
  • State Licensing - One of my businesses already had two state licenses. A third was added which cost me $16,500 this year, and $36,500 for subsequent years.

New State Taxes:
  • One of my businesses now has to act as tax collector for the State for sales which were tax exempt last year. Additional clerical work which we must now perform for the state with no compensation. But fines are huge if we miscalculate the tax collected.
  • Sales in 2017 will now incur an additional $97 tax which is will cost us $11,640.

As if that wasn't enough, I now have to pay an additional 3.8% on personal investments because of the Obamacare surtax on investment income.

I could add many more taxes to the list; inventory taxes, wage taxes, etc.

Small businesses are the backbone of this country and are being taxed to death at every level.
Are Small Businesses Really the Backbone of the Economy? | Inc.com

Like I originally stated, if you have never run a business as your primary source of income, you don't know what you are talking about.
And as someone else pointed out, regulations on other sectors can indirectly affect a business.

And then you have the ecig business that is not in bed with big tobacco. The onerous regulations that the FDA just put into place, is killing the small business shops that create jobs and adds to the economy.

This Can be laid directly in the lap of the federal government.

Hundreds of thousands of people were making a living and providing jobs. They were living the American Dream. Sadly, the government is taking it away.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:42 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, and even Warren Buffett are now fully behind President elect Trump.

Before the election they've all endorsed Hillary Clinton and donated to her campaign. Now they all sounded like they don't even know who Hillary Clinton is anymore!

In Wall Street, nobody cares about losers.

Donald Trump: Goldman Sachs' CEO Message to Employees About Trump

Trump critic Warren Buffett says stocks will continue to rise - MarketWatch

Once Wall Street backs the President elect very soon the networks and media will be changing their tone.
They own him. Trump promised the banks he will remove banking regulations, and allow gaming again so of course they big banks like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies