Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 10:19 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,404,264 times

Advertisements

I think they did in 2 different ways:

1. By blacking out Bernie and solely focusing on Hillary it left a lot of disgruntled democrats that voted "other".

2. By giving Hillary the win before she got it. The media was giving Trump no chance, and basically calling Hillary the next president. I believe that the media by polling certain demographics got a very favorable outcome for Hillary. They did not take in to account "closet" Trump supporters, and wanted to paint a very bleak picture for Trump so as to have Trump supporters possibly give up come election night. This strategy IMO backfired and actually caused a lot of Hillary votes to stay home thinking she would win it with or without their vote.

Do you guys agree or disagree?

Old 11-12-2016, 10:22 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,226,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
I think they did in 2 different ways:

1. By blacking out Bernie and solely focusing on Hillary it left a lot of disgruntled democrats that voted "other".

2. By giving Hillary the win before she got it. The media was giving Trump no chance, and basically calling Hillary the next president. I believe that the media by polling certain demographics got a very favorable outcome for Hillary. They did not take in to account "closet" Trump supporters, and wanted to paint a very bleak picture for Trump so as to have Trump supporters possibly give up come election night. This strategy IMO backfired and actually caused a lot of Hillary votes to stay home thinking she would win it with or without their vote.

Do you guys agree or disagree?
She blew it long before all of that but, it's amazing how many would still vote her in despite her being caught red handed lying, taking debate questions in a cheating manner....she's a flat out crook. Let's hope they can indict her. Give the millennials a lesson in law and order and well as debunk the myth of Hillary Clinton the untouchable....

Old 11-12-2016, 10:32 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Oh, they shot themselves in the foot alright, starting with assuming everyone had the same world veiw as them and would blindly follow their superior guidance. I think they pushed and promoted Trump in the primary because polls showed he was the only one who trailed her in a head-to-head contest. However, I don't think their skewed reporting caused Hillary voters to stay home, I think the number of Hillary voters were very limited. No, I think their skewed reporting allowed anti-Trump voters to stay home, thinking that he was beat. Those folks probably make up a good part of the idiots you see protesting.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:51 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,404,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh, they shot themselves in the foot alright, starting with assuming everyone had the same world veiw as them and would blindly follow their superior guidance. I think they pushed and promoted Trump in the primary because polls showed he was the only one who trailed her in a head-to-head contest. However, I don't think their skewed reporting caused Hillary voters to stay home, I think the number of Hillary voters were very limited. No, I think their skewed reporting allowed anti-Trump voters to stay home, thinking that he was beat. Those folks probably make up a good part of the idiots you see protesting.
I agree and disagree with the highlighted part, yes I do think some Trump supporters stayed home thinking he had no chance, but I also think it made even more Hillary supporters stay home having a false sense of accomplishment thinking their votes wouldn't be needed.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:52 AM

33,999 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Destroyed their own profession. WSJ reported weeks ago NYT will be having layoffs.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:53 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,054,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merh View Post
except Clinton won the popular vote. More people want Clinton. An outdated system is the only eason Trump is president

Old 11-12-2016, 10:55 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,225 times
Quote:
except Clinton won the popular vote. More people want Clinton. An outdated system is the only eason Trump is president
The Clinton campaign knew the rules going in and, to its credit, strategized in order to win the Electoral College (fortunately, they fell short). If you want to eliminate the EC for the popular vote, then perhaps there are ways to do that but the 2016 election was held based on the idea that the winner of the EC becomes President. Both campaigns know it and so do you.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:57 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Yes but then they did something even worse when gangrene set in.

They cut off the wrong foot. That hurts !!!!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2016, 10:59 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
It is only outdated when it goes against the Democrats. Otherwise, we are smugly told about the "Blue Wall".

Old 11-12-2016, 10:59 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree and disagree with the highlighted part, yes I do think some Trump supporters stayed home thinking he had no chance, but I also think it made even more Hillary supporters stay home having a false sense of accomplishment thinking their votes wouldn't be needed.
I said anti-Trump voters, not Trump voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.