Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 06:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,155,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
In spite of all the blather from the media trying to spin what Trump will do or not. People who know him well and work with him say he is a man who does what he says he'll do.

I see Trump as a very centrist person and suspect that's the approach he'll take. To the far left, he'll govern like a right wing extremist. The the far right, he'll be a flaming libbie.
The problem is that he has said he would do one thing then said he would do another the next day. He has held just about every position on every topic in the last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 06:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,834,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Very easy to say what Bernie would have done. He was his own man, beholden to no one but the people. So the administration would be filled with people who represent salt of the earth Americans, not Wall Street, not big pharma lobbyists and not big money donors. Trump's finance chair was a Goldman Sachs big wig and his main donor was Sheldon Adelson who donated more than $11 million to Trump. Now its payback time.
I don't think so. Bernie is his own man, huh? He basically folded and went all in for Hillary. Bernie was the bigger "con man". I knew Trump wasn't going to or be able to do everything he campaigned on, none of them were. I didn't necessarily want him to do everything he said. But he's going to do more that I want than the other choices.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:00 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,357,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Very easy to say what Bernie would have done. He was his own man, beholden to no one but the people. So the administration would be filled with people who represent salt of the earth Americans, not Wall Street, not big pharma lobbyists and not big money donors. Trump's finance chair was a Goldman Sachs big wig and his main donor was Sheldon Adelson who donated more than $11 million to Trump. Now its payback time.
Trump himself played the Goldman Sachs/Sheldon Adelson card his whole corporate life..and he even said//He expected payback for his donations..and his kissing of the ring he demanded would get his backing.

Trump only knows that he will play nice if you play nice..IF not Slam/Bam/Bash/Slanderanyone who apposed him. It's been his schtick his whole life!! BUT now Trump is in a whole new world..HE is no longer in charge..He cannot pass laws without the checks and balances of Congress..He cannot dictate anything..
He can talk about what he wants..BUT that will have to be discussed /debated and create a law..then and only then can his original "wants" may or may not even get to his desk??? He's way out of his realm now!!

Trump's role isn't just dealing with domestic issues either..He has to deal with world leaders..and many right now feel very nervous about the 18 month trail of horrid rhetoric....NATO partners leary of him..Allies have become distrustful and the list is endless Internationally! IF he surrounds himself with extremist advisors...I wouldn't expect much of an embrace of him nor his pre-advertised views on the diversity of the World/Country population.

Of course Trump ( as a person) does NOT represent ALL American's thus I don't dislike American's in general..BUT I've lived long enough to recognize..just what Trump has unleashed into mainstream of American's most extreme . I can only hope and pray..that Congress will at least try to compromise..and safeguard the protections of Civil Rights..But time will only tell..

Election in 2 years..will tell you just how "Functional Congress" is

Old 11-12-2016, 07:21 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,654,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCarnegie View Post
It will be pragmatic and goal oriented. This won't be an administration about politics. It will be about getting things done. This is businessmen running the organization, not attorneys.
Right, kind of like the 08 debacle when "the businessmen" ran our economy right into the abyss. I'm one tired American, and that fatigue comes from the zany notions of business as a kind of genius's play ground. Politics isn't in the same league as business, the welfare of a nation doesn't equate well with the profit motive. Trump won't be running anything, for the most part he will be a talking head for the party and their ongoing agenda to sublimate this nation to the powers of business, that's where the business angle is played out, simply buying lawmakers in order to have their way---legally..

Old 11-12-2016, 07:23 PM

575 posts, read 297,937 times
Quote:
I'm one tired American, and that fatigue comes from the zany notions of business as a kind of genius's play ground.
The other businessman President was Herbert Hoover.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:46 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,357,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
The other businessman President was Herbert Hoover.
History really should have been learned..Hoover's Presidency lasted only 4 years..and following it "The Great Depression" ensued "... American's get prepared

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Hoover
Quote:
As president from 1929 to 1933, his ambitious programs were overwhelmed by the Great Depression, that seemed to get worse every year despite the increasingly large-scale interventions he made in the economy. He was defeated in a landslide in 1932 by Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt, and spent the rest of his life as a conservative denouncing big government, liberalism and federal intervention in economic affairs, as Democrats repeatedly used his Depression record to attack conservatism and justify more regulation of the economy.
All I can say..Many want to forget history and consequences..BUT even though "History often repeats itself" always get lost in the fast and furious times of instant tweets..rhetoric and slogans..and facts often get re-written..SOo many do get duped or only look at things on an "Instant" fix..whether or not the person truly is "Capable "!!

Last edited by Lyndarn; 11-12-2016 at 08:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies