Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 05:24 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
I note the timestamp of your post is 4:20.
Oh my God.

That is so damned classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 05:28 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
But cannabis was prevalent in the state prior to Prop 64. In fact, it's been used for thousands of years of human history. It's never going away. The desire to experience altered consciousness, which I believe was of evolutionary benefit, is never going away. We'll just invent new ways to do it, like the amalgamation of technology and chemistry described by the CEO of Netflix recently.

Not a pothead, but I hear ya and I'm not a fan. Is it any worse than, say, Colorado's?

Anyway, that's kind of what humans do. Just as our cities may one day cover the entire planet, our government authority may one day cover every aspect of human existence (to eventually be handed over to Artificial General Intelligence).
Colorado's bureaucracy is paled by California's Im sorry to say.. for every agency that touches it there we have at least six, We "learned" from heir mistakes.. although from what I see its currently a total clusterfark

So is California "worse"...it depends from what viewpoint

To the small time grower.. absolutely.. for the hoops they have to jump through and the taxes they will have to pay.. on the bright side it will take two to five years (our projections) to shake out all the players.. but the corporate applications are expected hot and heavy

To the corporate growers.. with enough money you can do anything

Old 11-12-2016, 05:28 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Where on earth are all you people coming across these crazed psychotic potheads driven to violence or whatever???

The only thing I've ever seen anyone driven to following a toke is Taco Bell.

And at like 20mph, with lots of giggling.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:36 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Actually... Im very calm and resolved about something we known about and prepared for over the last several years... and a substantial amount of work has been done paving the way to where we are now so that a huge bureaucracy could hit the road running.

I know it upsets you that Im making over 100k now directly because of marijuana.. don't worry.. be happy for yourself and any drug use involving marijuana you choose. What was highlighted in the article is how people who use drugs attack those who dont...

Let people like me who care about the world and actually do something to address it continue in our chosen fields of expertise

I would say granny twelve plant and its variant which is in place in many California counties was a huge success...more so than personally lighting one up

Yes,,, you won... if drug use is vanquishment ...Im vanquished

Not

Im actually energized and hopeful for the future.. but the road will be paved with many losers... certainly many pot users and the people whose lives they negatively affect beyond their own hedonism

I suggest reading the articles I provided.. the tragedy of a soldier dying and pot being the causal factor

It might be enlightening

How can you bemoan the loss of a soldier to pot and not bemoan the many thousands more who have been destroyed by alcohol?

One can argue, pot use, just like alcohol use, will be safer once legalized and regulated.

You do know, don't you, that during prohibition, many people were poisoned from bootleg alcohol.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:37 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Quote:
...the tragedy of a soldier dying and pot being the causal factor...
I didn't read it.

I'll give you an analogy. I watched Mechanized Death in Driver's Ed at age 15. Grotesque car accidents where alcohol was the deciding factor. There's a wrecker / body shop near our house that often showcases mangled vehicles with a sign that reads, "don't drink and drive." I've known hardcore alcoholics. I've heard of people dying of alcohol poisoning. I've seen idiotic and/or criminal behavior exacerbated by alcohol.

None of that has changed my stance that alcohol should be legal and available and none of that has caused me to give up enjoying a craft beer or sipping some wine or unwinding with a spiced rum responsibly.

I submit it's the same with these stories you post about cannabis, for me and for most people, whether they partake or not. Is there a dumb, irresponsible, excessive, destructive way to use cannabis? Sure! Does that mean we should clamp down on it, lock people up or take their assets? No. Does that mean any casual responsible users should suddenly say, "zoiks, notmeofficer posted that article about that one kid, I'm going to suddenly abstain instead of being a responsible user." No.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:37 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Where on earth are all you people coming across these crazed psychotic potheads driven to violence or whatever???

The only thing I've ever seen anyone driven to following a toke is Taco Bell.

And at like 20mph, with lots of giggling.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...olent-behavior

Association between cannabis use and violence | ScienceNordic

I would say if you are a dirtbag more pot use only makes you more of a dirtbag

If you're everyday joe citizen and well adjusted weed probably wont increase your violent tendencies

However that being said.. for some reason pot always seems to be at a high percentage of incidence with other drugs,, meth heads use pot... crooks use pot.. at some point there is some correlation that behavior and pot MAY increase violent tendencies.. as such its still on my sheeit list

The article lists several people whose lives were substantially (death is substantial) affected by the drug..marijuana

We estimate that about 35 million people will be regular users of marijuana in the US in the next five years.. of those 35 mil about 10 percent will go on to "substantial" affectation by the drug. We will ALL pay for that,,we already are

I find myself a green warrior.. which Im totally in for being somewhat of an environmentalist myself..living lightly on the earth and being vegan...and even supported by some radical eco groups as partnering with us,, I bet a lot of them use marijuana themselves but have seen the wholesale destruction of eco systems

One of the things we are currently doing is setting up what I call a dial snitch line.. a 800 number to report pot violations.. it will ring off the hook by competing growers.. we already have modeling predicting that behavior based upon past interviews

There is no love when money is involved and it will be a dog eat dog world...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 11-12-2016 at 05:46 PM..

Old 11-12-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
...all you people...
Well, it's pretty much just notmeofficer and his sidekick, T-310.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:49 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,781,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Well, it's pretty much just notmeofficer and his sidekick, T-310.
I'll join that club.

The argument that pot is no worse, or so much better, than alcohol carries so little weight with me.

Alcohol is a poison and the buzz comes from ones body being poisoned and trying to recover. THC is not good for a person.

Why the **** would I be in favor of either?

Old 11-12-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I'll join that club.
That's good, they do get lonely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Alcohol is a poison and the buzz comes from one's body being poisoned and trying to recover. THC is not good for a person.
Those are great reasons for you, branDcalf, to not use either.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:56 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Actually... Im very calm and resolved about something we known about and prepared for over the last several years... and a substantial amount of work has been done paving the way to where we are now so that a huge bureaucracy could hit the road running.

I know it upsets you that Im making over 100k now directly because of marijuana.. don't worry.. be happy for yourself and any drug use involving marijuana you choose. What was highlighted in the article is how people who use drugs attack those who dont...

Let people like me who care about the world and actually do something to address it continue in our chosen fields of expertise

I would say granny twelve plant and its variant which is in place in many California counties was a huge success...more so than personally lighting one up

Yes,,, you won... if drug use is vanquishment ...Im vanquished

Not

Im actually energized and hopeful for the future.. but the road will be paved with many losers... certainly many pot users and the people whose lives they negatively affect beyond their own hedonism

I suggest reading the articles I provided.. the tragedy of a soldier dying and pot being the causal factor

It might be enlightening
Due to California passing legalization I will be making much more than 100k for a small investment I made earlier this year with two other parties. I'll make my money back within 6 months and the best part is I don't even have to to do anything and the money will be rolling in for decades. My financial advisor said I will realize over 1 million over the next seven years, and that is a conservative estimate.

I understand this news is devastating to you but look at the bright side.

You got that cool anti-cannabis sticker that you put on your lunch box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies