Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 10:15 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times

Advertisements

Understand the overall market to find how to gain market share
Target your niche market
Speak to them loudly and focus on them
Gain market share
Profit from your decisions

Smart business

And popular vote isn't market share, it's understanding the electoral college (system in place). The rust belt flipped because he marketed hard there, and gained the market share needed to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 12:32 PM

575 posts, read 298,820 times
Promise a lot of Free Stuff

Old 11-13-2016, 12:37 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
eh, not really.

He targeted the lowest demographic which are poor whites...which happen to be the majority of this country.

It'll be hilarious once 4 years is up & he hasn't delivered on anything.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:48 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,445 times
Teach a course in journalism, not marketing. The mass media throughout the world missed this one completely. I am never going to trust them again. This election cycle I started trusting what people on these forums are saying, not the elite, out of touch journalists.

Trump winning was all about timing, even with no marketing. I hardly saw any of his campaign ads on tv or by mail but I saw plenty of money being spent by democrats all over the media & sending me big glossy print ads by mail. Trump didnt need marketing. I would have voted for anyone who repealed Obamacare, promised to focus on economy & kept away extremists.

Not too complicated to calculate the risks. Just see how much your healthcare premiums went up this year & going up again next year, pay attention to how refugees are destroying Europe & the uncertain future you would have by continuing failed policies. Smoke screens created by democrats didnt fool us because the numbers were right there in front of us. We could put a dollar amount to how much another democrat govt would cost us. If Trump fails, we will vote democrats & keep changing until we get it right. My loyalty is towards this country, its people & myself so I will vote for whichever party has our best interests in mind.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:04 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
eh, not really.

He targeted the lowest demographic which are poor whites...which happen to be the majority of this country.

What is more hilarious is Obama's garbage legacy . 8 years and no deliveries in this country besides division, debt, and more illegals .

Total failure . Just like the entire Democratic Party . Vote scavengers that do nothing for their voters .

Old 11-13-2016, 01:17 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
eh, not really.

Wow, nice judging. I voted for him, do you want to compare bank accounts? I bet not.

And guess what? If whites got poor under 8 years of Obama they would be idiots to vote for 4 more years of the same.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:20 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Promise a lot of Free Stuff
Wasn't that the other side?

Old 11-13-2016, 01:33 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Well, to use a football analogy, the Republicans clearly were better at the Xs and Os. Democrats outspent Republicans by about 2 to 1 and still lost. Republicans had the better strategy - concentrate on where their presence and $$ will produce points for our team - i.e. focus on Electoral College votes in swing states (play offense). If the state is already solidly Red, pay some attention (play defense) and if it is solidly Blue, just maintain a presence (Kicking game).

Of course, it also helped that the Democrats fielded a team with a badly damaged quarterback that could neither run nor throw.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:34 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Wow, nice judging. I voted for him, do you want to compare bank accounts? I bet not.

And guess what? If whites got poor under 8 years of Obama they would be idiots to vote for 4 more years of the same.
Whites been poor..this news to you?

Mama June from Alabama is the real welfare queen

Don't let these right wing sites fool you.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:35 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,646 times
Trump University could offer a class. Only $30,000, and professors personally selected by The Don will teach YOU how to be Pres!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies