Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 01:51 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
oh no no don't even try to equate the American revolution to this, they revolted against a unelected king across a ocean.
As an old white woman, it reminds me more of Nixon and the Nam War. Nixon was burned in effigy and Trump will be too once he starts passing the radical Right Wing legislation. It is not going away and will only get worse as time goes on. Same as with Nixon and the War.

It is spreading beyond the big cities across America. There have been demonstrations where I live in Naples, Florida. Ever hear of it? Our Median Age is 62. Scratch "Snowflakes" which many posters attribute it to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 01:53 PM

237 posts, read 245,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
As an old white woman, it reminds me more of Nixon and the Nam War. Nixon was burned in effigy and Trump will be too once he starts passing the radical Right Wing legislation. It is not going away and will only get worse as time goes on. Same as with Nixon and the War.

It is spreading beyond the big cities across America. There have been demonstrations where I live in Naples, Florida. Ever hear of it? Our Median Age is 62. Scratch "Snowflakes" which many posters attribute it to.
That just shows where the illness started.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:54 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Millions have signed a petition urging the electoral college to ignore voters and cast their states votes next month for Clinton. They could actually do this but I don't know what it would mean legally.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:55 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,646 times
Quote:

Extend your right arm, palm outward, and salute the President-elect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB_yX8nkCeo

Old 11-13-2016, 01:56 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
The protesters aren't going to overthrow anything. The only possible way the election results could change would be through the electoral college. The Left could argue that the electoralcollege college was created with someone like Trump in mind.

That said, electoral college shenanigans probably would result in a revolt.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:56 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Unnecessary thread. Election will not be overthrown.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:59 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:

Liberals over sixty are just as bad or worse than the college kids - must be some kind of reliving of those groovy radical hippie days. Ok to smoke pot again too.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:02 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
there would be no healing from it, America would be finished. Even if civil war didn't happen soon it would eventually because the leftist protesters would ultimately overthrow future elections also when it doesn't go their way.

There are too many Americans who love this country for what it has been who would not go quietly into the night if the election was overthrown.

Ultimately like the Syrian refugees they are supporting coming here, the leftists would be refugees themselves......
I sense a hint of overreaction to some anti-Trump protesters. We live in a world of interactive websites where those websites present the most extreme versions of society. Just for the record, most cops do not beat up on minorities, few gays are child molesters and no, most clowns are not sadistic.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:03 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Well, I'm told (1) most legal gun owners are either Republicans or Independents (2) legal gun owner in the U.S. own approx. 300 million weapons and over a billion rounds of ammunition. (3) Most military people are also Republicans. (4) Even Hillary's minions know not to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Nope. There will not be a revolution.

I'm not a gun owner, legal or otherwise.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:05 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:

Was Kennedy and Johnson burned in effigy also? Serious question because I don't remember seeing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies