Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2016, 08:26 PM

54,485 posts, read 33,798,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I don't know where this comes from as if all people who support BLM are violent or criminals, that simply is not so. Likely many don't grasp what it mean. It means exactly what it say's: Black Live Matter... Translation, the old history of the system utilizing the police to contain and segregate blacks and to act with harsh engage upon and toward blacks is no longer an acceptable format of Law Enforcement !!!!!

Most of you know, that long before Jim Crow and during Jim Crow and Post Jim Crow, the system was structured to use the Police as a means, to threaten, intimidate, attack, harass and every other things that was part of the "forced segregationist programming of Jim Crow society. BLM is saying, No More of such.

We all know a great deal of white society feared blacks having guns since the days of slavery's abolition, for fear, they'd have to face the reflective consequences of their own acts and how they acted embolden because they had the weapons to force the containment of slavery and indenture. Hoover nearly went crazy when he saw the Black Panther stand up and say, no more police beating, no more being shot by the police for no reason other than to force some type of constriction and containment. Today, society is better, we don't see BLM walking around with guns strapped on them, they march, but they are not out with brandishing weapons.
They have looted and destroyed stuff, but I don't see those as being a actual sincere member of the BLM program. Those are hoodlums that see and opportunity to covertly piggy back on the groups position. I think the best way to weed them out, is to for the group to Register its members and only its registered members can march, then there is controls to prevent the looting, and anyone caught looting or damaging property can be caught and prosecuted. without damage to the Organizations Mission.

Today we have crazy stuff with gangs, of all ethic groups, and we have hate groups and they are armed, we certainly don't want to make it easy for them to get more weapons. We also have a society of many borderline mental cases walking our streets, as well as temperamental people who are walking on the edge of being a nut case behind anything.
Do we really want these people to have access to more weapons?

In society, we have to error on the side of caution. There's still means for sport shooter to still engage, and hunters to do what they do. Even with Hunting, I personally don't see where its any type of fair gaming when people have weapons they can shoot the animal form such long distances, I think people should only hunt what they are going to eat. I would not want to go out killing animals for the sake of sport, or mounting their heads on some plaque.

Didn't we as a society learn anything as a people from the massive slaughter of the Buffalo? Or in some cases killing animals to the point of near extinction.

I don't support "sport hunting", likely some have figured that point out already by my post.
You don't seem to know too much about guns and gangs. An average gang member anywhere in the United States is not going to walk into a gun store and buy a semi-automatic rifle just like the rest of us decent folks do. Have you ever heard of a term called Black Market? That's where criminals and drug dealers get their weapons illegally. Think about what happened in Paris, France a year ago. Semi-auto weapons, or "Assault Weapons" as you referred to them, are not allowed in France, yet ISIS terrorists were able to obtain them and carry out their horrific attacks. What does that tell you?

There are background checks that are supposed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but that won't stop them from getting them illegally on the black market or steal them.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:19 PM

42,758 posts, read 26,015,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
You don't seem to know too much about guns and gangs. An average gang member anywhere in the United States is not going to walk into a gun store and buy a semi-automatic rifle just like the rest of us decent folks do. Have you ever heard of a term called Black Market? That's where criminals and drug dealers get their weapons illegally. Think about what happened in Paris, France a year ago. Semi-auto weapons, or "Assault Weapons" as you referred to them, are not allowed in France, yet ISIS terrorists were able to obtain them and carry out their horrific attacks. What does that tell you?

There are background checks that are supposed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but that won't stop them from getting them illegally on the black market or steal them.
Or if they live in Northern California they can take a 2 or 3 hour drive to a Reno gun show and buy whatever they want, those kinds of transactions are completed in the parking lot

Old 11-17-2016, 06:21 AM

58,691 posts, read 26,969,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I never claimed ability to represent anyone other than myself.
My apologies then, no offense meant. I was simply curious if language was the limiting factor in this communication.

My comment was meant to help you have the debate you are looking for. The method you are using is far too messy to be more than slightly effective.
I would make the analogy to picking up litter on the sidewalk. Most people will do that, not many are going to head over to the landfill and start cleaning up.
"My comment was meant to help you have the debate you are looking for."

Why is it so many want to turn this DISCUSSION forum to the debate forum.

We ALREADY have one of those and this is NOT it!

Old 11-17-2016, 06:24 AM

58,691 posts, read 26,969,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Or if they live in Northern California they can take a 2 or 3 hour drive to a Reno gun show and buy whatever they want, those kinds of transactions are completed in the parking lot
Which ARE ILLEGAL!

Criminals, by definition BREAK any law they please.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:33 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,692,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Which ARE ILLEGAL!

Criminals, by definition BREAK any law they please.
Maybe in California. In the rest of free America firearms sales between privet citizens are legal regardless where they take place......

Old 11-17-2016, 06:42 AM

5,342 posts, read 5,072,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Now that Trump won we need to push for laws protecting our constitutional rights. For far too long we've been on the defensive preventing things like the "assault" weapons ban. Which is good, but now its time to strike back at the anti gun agenda. Starting off with taking suppressors (silencers) off the NFA list. There's already a bill in the works (the hearing protection act) to do just that.
You guys are such idiots. I own guns and shoot them and there is NOTHING about current legislation or a lot of the proposed legislation that is overbearing. Oh my god, i'd have to have a background check to purchase one. Oh my god, I'd have to show my ID for ammo .

I seriously think all these gun wackos are mentally ill.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:54 AM

12,948 posts, read 7,108,071 times
The federal government won't be able to do much as most of the gun laws are retained by the states. NFA is one area they could push to undo the 5/19/86 ban on registering machine guns. I'm sure the NRA is busy and now that NFA toys have gotten much more popular like short barrel rifles I'm sure they are thinking about it. The people who paid thousands of dollars for machine guns would become worthless overnight LOL. If you look at the NFA registration system it has done a good job of keeping guns out of criminal's hands in reality it's a good system of control.

Trump will be able to reverse the bans on importation of firearms which Obama has been doing so old military rifles from WW1 and WW2 can be re-imported back into the US that's a good thing. I don't know why Obama was blocking these things most were bolt action rifles or 10 round M1-Carbines which collectors have been wanting.

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/07/m1-...-korea-import/

I think the DEMS just need to understand majority in America is not in favor of banning firearms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
You guys are such idiots. I own guns and shoot them and there is NOTHING about current legislation or a lot of the proposed legislation that is overbearing. Oh my god, i'd have to have a background check to purchase one. Oh my god, I'd have to show my ID for ammo .

I seriously think all these gun wackos are mentally ill.
The NRA agree's with instant background checks? what they don't agree with is banning firearms because how they look the 1990's AW ban which did nothing to stop crime and it was documented. As far as sound suppressors there has never been any evidence that banning of those devices had anything to do with crime. Politicians did it because they saw movies where hit men used them sound suppressors are not silent unless you use subsonic ammo in .22 but you can use that ammo now it hardly makes any noise in a .22.

Last edited by kell490; 11-17-2016 at 07:02 AM..

Old 11-17-2016, 07:16 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,692,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The federal government won't be able to do much as most of the gun laws are retained by the states. NFA is one area they could push to undo the 5/19/86 ban on registering machine guns. I'm sure the NRA is busy and now that NFA toys have gotten much more popular like short barrel rifles I'm sure they are thinking about it. The people who paid thousands of dollars for machine guns would become worthless overnight LOL. If you look at the NFA registration system it has done a good job of keeping guns out of criminal's hands in reality it's a good system of control.

Trump will be able to reverse the bans on importation of firearms which Obama has been doing so old military rifles from WW1 and WW2 can be re-imported back into the US that's a good thing. I don't know why Obama was blocking these things most were bolt action rifles or 10 round M1-Carbines which collectors have been wanting.

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/07/m1-...-korea-import/

I think the DEMS just need to understand majority in America is not in favor of banning firearms.

The NRA agree's with instant background checks? what they don't agree with is banning firearms because how they look the 1990's AW ban which did nothing to stop crime and it was documented. As far as sound suppressors there has never been any evidence that banning of those devices had anything to do with crime. Politicians did it because they saw movies where hit men used them sound suppressors are not silent unless you use subsonic ammo in .22 but you can use that ammo now it hardly makes any noise in a .22.
I think the C&R FA's will hold value. People will start cranking tubes like there no tomorrow. I have 2 very nice MP40 kits just waiting for a receiver....

Old 11-17-2016, 07:34 AM

1,478 posts, read 783,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
How about learning to fight like a man, instead of acting all big and bad because you have that gun?? Can't you yanks defend yourselves without your crutch, I mean guns??? A nation of cowardly blowhards
Many people in Brazil, Mexico, and the United States have guns now. That causes problems with the notion strict gun control can turn Brazil, Mexico, and the United States into an equal version of England or Australia.

Both Brazil and Mexico have stricter gun control laws than the USA for example.

In Brazil several years ago the gangs of Rio shut down much of the city by attacking police stations (with firearms) and public city buses, setting the buses on fire, attacking banks and so on.

A store owner in Rio would have a much harder time legally buying a handgun let alone an assault rifle like this small Milwaukee business owner. It was not the first time his store was robbed via breaking and entering. So, he and an employee took turns sleeping inside the store at night.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea9acc8uXXg

Women are also allowed to legally purchase, own, and carry firearms in the United States. There is no restriction in law that says only men can own and carry guns in the United States.

Truthfully, the United State would probably have a more free society if it could emulate the United Kingdom and Australia in a non-gun culture. Particularly among the criminal class or criminal organizations. This goes as well for Mexico and Brazil. The problem is that is unlikely to happen if the USA did even ban all guns entirely. Being cognizant of the fact the Mexican cartels used to hire Latino gang members from California to carry out muscle work and assasinations inside Mexico because they regarded American Latinos as far more violent than native born Mexicans. Likewise, it is the United States that exported the MS-13 and 18th Street gangs to Central America, and exported the Crips and Bloods to Belize and even to the Netherlands.

You see... it won't be wealthy celebrities and well-to-do politicians, with their armed body guards in elite neighborhoods, that are left vulnerable to anti-gun laws. It will be the "law abiding" so-to-speak in the neighborhoods with quite a bit of crime that will be left vulnerable.

I'm all for studying and training in boxing, karate, jujitsu, or MMA. I have trained in a little boxing, jujitsu (via JKD) myself. But I'm grounded in reality and realize (not just that and untrained 13 year-old can cold **** you, when you're off guard and knock you out, so, training does not make you invincible but improves your odds) 2 guys running up on you with knives may not work out will for you empty handed. A 6'4" man weighing 280 pounds raining blows down on a little guy is probably not going to work out well for the small dude either... even if the little guy has 3 years of boxing training. Plus, if 1 or more guys brings a gun to a fight it's kind of nice having a gun on your or a gun you can potentially get to.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:34 AM

12,948 posts, read 7,108,071 times
It will be interesting to see what he does with importation he can reverse that with a executive order going back to Bush H ban on HK 91's and FALS from the 1980's good old days.

If they do undo the 1986 machinegun ban it will cause a big drop in those prices for stuff like M-16 clones all those receivers and drop in auto-seers will hit the markets. I remember seeing M-16 registered receivers going for $800 full and $900 for full M-16 clone rifle. Anything like MAC-10s Uzi's all that stuff HK drop in auto seer's will start up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies