Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 07:29 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

Bulletproof vests for civilians? I'd like to hear the logic.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:29 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
So a background check that checks a person's criminal record isn't the answer, but there should be some form of way to check someone's criminal record to prevent them from being able to buy a gun? I don't think I follow you on this one...why again are you against background checks?

The Tenth Amendment doesn't interfere with States requiring their own background check, unless there is a federal law that says background checks are illegal....though I am still not sure if I understand why you are against them.

So basically all you want is to be able to buy silencers without permits, own fully automatic weapons, and not have to do background checks....Ronald Reagan would be so proud of you. Though it would be ironic if the Republicans got rid of all this and then a criminal that just got out of jail went and assassinated Trump.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I am picking on you or anything, I just don't understand why you would want to do away with these things.
Because a determined criminal will bypass it like it's nothing. Example, walk in and do a NICS check to buy a a firearm, get rejected and go back into the same store and buy the parts for the exact same weapon that can be put together in one hour.

Is that a good enough example for you?? They are a joke. How about we prosecute the eighty thousand felons a year that attempt to buy a weapon and get rejected?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:30 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Why should silencers be legal?
Because the loud reports damage the hearing of hunting dogs. High caliber guns on indoor ranges damage hearing even with ear protection. Plus they're cool.

Also, there a bunch of #%&-%$*# pigeons on my roof and I don't want the neighbors to call the cops when I execute them.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:32 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
So a background check that checks a person's criminal record isn't the answer, but there should be some form of way to check someone's criminal record to prevent them from being able to buy a gun? I don't think I follow you on this one...why again are you against background checks?

The Tenth Amendment doesn't interfere with States requiring their own background check, unless there is a federal law that says background checks are illegal....though I am still not sure if I understand why you are against them.

So basically all you want is to be able to buy silencers without permits, own fully automatic weapons, and not have to do background checks....Ronald Reagan would be so proud of you. Though it would be ironic if the Republicans got rid of all this and then a criminal that just got out of jail went and assassinated Trump.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I am picking on you or anything, I just don't understand why you would want to do away with these things.
Ooh. I love when people make sense!

Old 11-13-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Because the loud reports damage the hearing of hunting dogs. High caliber guns on indoor ranges damage hearing even with ear protection. Plus they're cool.

Also, there a bunch of #%&-%$*# pigeons on my roof and I don't want the neighbors to call the cops when I execute them.
They are totally banned? Even for use in indoor ranges?

Last edited by AfternoonCoffee; 11-13-2016 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-13-2016, 07:34 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I'm a gun owner.

It's time to ban assault weapons. They are only used as mass killing devices. Ordinary law abiding citizens don't buy them.
Seriously? Are you an American? Yes, my AR's are not for deer hunting. They are for killing people, should it become necssary to protect the Constitution or defend country from attack, by enemies, foreign or domestic, including anti american forces who try to ban our guns or gun rights.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Because a determined criminal will bypass it like it's nothing. Example, walk in and do a NICS check to buy a a firearm, get rejected and go back into the same store and buy the parts for the exact same weapon that can be put together in one hour.

Is that a good enough example for you?? They are a joke. How about we prosecute the eighty thousand felons a year that attempt to buy a weapon and get rejected?
Are you being sarcastic in your second paragraph?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Seriously? Are you an American? Yes, my AR's are not for deer hunting. They are for killing people, should it become necssary to protect the Constitution or defend country from attack, by enemies, foreign or domestic, including anti american forces who try to ban our guns or gun rights.
Ahem My favorite deer gun is in .264 lbc and it's an AR. Just sayin.

Armalite Rifle

Old 11-13-2016, 07:36 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Because a determined criminal will bypass it like it's nothing.
A determined illegal alien will find a way to cross our southern border... Why build a wall then?

Determination will get through a lot of legal obstacles but it would be pretty much anarchy if that was enough to repeal laws.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Are you being sarcastic in your second paragraph?
No, look it up. What use is a bgc if we don't enforce it. IT IS A JOKE. It's like a minor trying to buy alcohol who keeps trying until someone sells it to them. No consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies