Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 04:54 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,495,519 times

Advertisements

In my line of work, we deal with metrics and acceptance criteria. For all of the Trump supporters, what are the metrics you need to see in order to believe the Trump presidency is/was successful?

I’ll start with the ones from the campaign rhetoric:

1. Build the border wall. Well, Trump has already backpedaled on this and said they are going to build a fence instead. PROBLEM is, the government is already building fencing along the border. So..???

2. Deport all of the illegal immigrants. Well, there is no tangible way of doing this without creating legal/constitutional issues. Seriously, you see two Latino people walking down the street, how can you tell which one is illegal and which one is a regular old American?

3. Repeal the ACA. Well, Trump has already backpedals on this. It sounds like trump is just going to make a tweak or two and then rename the ACA. But it will essentially be the same plan. Seriously, would he want to be the president who tossed 30 million out in the cold?

4. Jail Hillary Clinton. The Trump camp has already backpedaled on this. Also, jail her on what charges? Wouldn’t she get a full legal trial where the verdict could go either way?

5. Create jobs. What kind of jobs would this be? Manufacturing? Mines? How would he do this? A president can’t force private industry to build factories. Coal is a dying energy source.

6. Enforce current immigration laws. What laws do you believe aren’t being enforced?

Besides the above, what metrics are you going to use to assess the Trump presidency?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 05:01 PM

575 posts, read 298,689 times
Bureau of Labor Statistics U6. Republicans have been crying about that for 8 years.lets see if Trump can move it

Old 11-13-2016, 05:06 PM

3,523 posts, read 3,728,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
3. Repeal the ACA. Well, Trump has already backpedals on this. It sounds like trump is just going to make a tweak or two and then rename the ACA. But it will essentially be the same plan.
Only need one metric, and that is 100% elimination of the mandate. This he must do, or he will be a failure.

Quote:
Seriously, would he want to be the president who tossed 30 million out in the cold?

If it were me, I'd just govern them in, and that would give everyone time as we transition to something better.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:07 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
Quote:
In my line of work, we deal with metrics and acceptance criteria. For all of the Trump supporters, what are the metrics you need to see in order to believe the Trump presidency is/was successful?

1. Build the border wall. Well, Trump has already backpedaled on this and said they are going to build a fence instead. PROBLEM is, the government is already building fencing along the border. So..???

2. Deport all of the illegal immigrants. Well, there is no tangible way of doing this without creating legal/constitutional issues. Seriously, you see two Latino people walking down the street, how can you tell which one is illegal and which one is a regular old American?

3. Repeal the ACA. Well, Trump has already backpedals on this. It sounds like trump is just going to make a tweak or two and then rename the ACA. But it will essentially be the same plan. Seriously, would he want to be the president who tossed 30 million out in the cold?

4. Jail Hillary Clinton. The Trump camp has already backpedaled on this. Also, jail her on what charges? Wouldn’t she get a full legal trial where the verdict could go either way?

5. Create jobs. What kind of jobs would this be? Manufacturing? Mines? How would he do this? A president can’t force private industry to build factories. Coal is a dying energy source.

6. Enforce current immigration laws. What laws do you believe aren’t being enforced?

Besides the above, what metrics are you going to use to assess the Trump presidency?
The Supreme Court is safe.
That's enough for me.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:43 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,014 times
Quote:

1) Well, the wall was a stupid idea anyway.

2) Presumably, Trump is going to go after businesses that hire illegal immigrants as well. This is how he'll find them (and if that's not how he's gonna do it, he's being an idiot).

3) Saying he'll keep a few provisions is hardly making a tweak or two. Just saying.

4) I'm not aware of him backpedalling on this. Regardless, it was always assumed that his "lock her up" **** was always just making her answer to someone. If she's proven innocent, either validly or because she has friends (you know, like how she got everything ****ing else), so be it.

5) This is an idiotic criticism. This is true of liberally everyone.

6) There are a few actually. While most are still technically enforced, quite a lot are not enforced consistently or very well. Example from earlier, it's illegal to hire illegal immigrants, but it still happens a lot.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:06 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,495,519 times
Come on folks, what else are you realistically looking for from a Trump presidency that will make you think that he's been successful. It's reasonable to have expectations going in.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:11 PM

516 posts, read 429,100 times
Quote:

5. Create jobs. What kind of jobs would this be? Manufacturing? Mines? How would he do this? A president can’t force private industry to build factories. [*]Coal is a dying energy source.[/list]

As far as the bold....I beg to differ. Do you even know what your talking about? You think the midwest and most of the Northeast gets their power from wind farms? No, they don't. It comes from coal fired boilers all over the place...mainly in rural areas. I can name about a dozen or so boilers I've worked on between New mexico all the way up to North Dakota and as far east as Delaware. Its not a dying energy source at all. Modern politicians would like you to think so. What has been dying the last 8 years is government funding to keep those powerhouses maintained and up to snuff for efficient operation. I see that funding going back up in the not so distant future.

Unless someone somehow figures out a way to harness the suns energy in a cost efficient manner so we all can enjoy the energy, fossil fuels are the only foreseeable way to make electricity. Period.

Hydroelectric is only as good as the areas surrounding the source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies