Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:38 AM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Pence going to court to keep email secret!!! Pence's request for privacy has been called "ironic" by some political observers, who note that he and President-'s use of a private email server a major part of their campaign.elect Trump made attacks on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Pence going to court to keep email secret | TheHill

yep was is good for the goose-- is not good for the gander-- hypocrites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 11:50 AM

20,722 posts, read 19,363,240 times
What does Pence have to do with Hillary and her emails and what does Indiana state law have to do with us? That's the business of the state in Indiana. If they want their government to have secret email, they can. It would not be my choice.

Either way its a lot less of a problem since internal state affairs are much less of a national security issue, unlike at the Federal level at the administration.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
I think the irony plays out on both sides - both with Pence's actions, and the media actually asking to reveal emails.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:52 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think the irony plays out on both sides - both with Pence's actions, and the media actually asking to reveal emails.
And Trump supports thinking that now emails are no big deal. Talk about irony.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:55 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Pence going to court to keep email secret!!! Pence's request for privacy has been called "ironic" by some political observers, who note that he and President-'s use of a private email server a major part of their campaign.elect Trump made attacks on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Pence going to court to keep email secret | TheHill

yep was is good for the goose-- is not good for the gander-- hypocrites
Uhm... Hello.... Election/campaign emails are not classified as state secrets. Use of only a secure government server is not a requirement of campaign emails, and nor is failure to do so subject to federal penal codes, including potenial prison terms.

Surely, please, surely, you grasp the difference.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:55 AM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What does Pence have to do with Hillary and her emails and what does Indiana state law have to do with us? That's the business of the state in Indiana. If they want their government to have secret email, they can. It would not be my choice.

Either way its a lot less of a problem since internal state affairs are much less of a national security issue, unlike at the Federal level at the administration.

the FOIA becomes null effect - if the courts approve that- If its just about Indiana politics-- why make them secret?
as for national security- I do want to reiterate- the congress has personal severs- and they are exempt from FOIA or any other investigation.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:05 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Uhm... Hello.... Election/campaign emails are not classified as state secrets. Use of only a secure government server is not a requirement of campaign emails, and nor is failure to do so subject to federal penal codes, including potenial prison terms.

Surely, please, surely, you grasp the difference.

They don't and are going to b_tch and moan over every little thing that happens for the next 4 years. It's time for them to get over it otherwise it'll be a long 4 years for them!

Old 11-14-2016, 12:23 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Interesting question. Are campaign committee emails subject to a FOIA request? My sense is probably not, although they likely are subject to a subpoena for a court case.

Why I say no to the FOIA is that campaign communications are not governmental but part of a private organization and FOIA addresses governmental not private functions.

It can get murky when the candidate is also a current official and mixes emails.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:13 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Pence and his emails? There is a big difference between campaign emails and those that deal with wedding planning and yoga schedules...........................

OK I just picked myself up off the floor after falling out of my chair laughing so hard at that one!

Hillary lied to Congress, the FBI and the American people when it came to her emails and when summoned to answer for the illegal secret server she destroyed evidence.?

Pence.. Hillary? there is no comparison.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:25 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Default Hillary is ignorant on FOIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
the FOIA becomes null effect - if the courts approve that- If its just about Indiana politics-- why make them secret?
as for national security- I do want to reiterate- the congress has personal severs- and they are exempt from FOIA or any other investigation.
Hillary's emails and her application of the laws is clearly flawed and Hillary is ignorant on knowing that FOIA laws DO apply to cabinet positions serving the public as public record documents.

These communications were clearly what congress wanted to retain in the passing of the freedom of information - records law decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies