Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 03:17 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
For future reference, if an article says it is written by Jimmy Rustling, it is fake.

Urban Dictionary: Jimmy rustling

Jimmy Rustling, ABC News
Born at an early age, Jimmy Rustling has found solace and comfort knowing that his humble actions have made this multiverse a better place for every man, woman and child ever known to exist. Dr. Jimmy Rustling has won many awards for excellence in writing including fourteen Peabody awards and a handful of Pulitzer Prizes. When Jimmies are not being Rustled the kind Dr. enjoys being an amazing husband to his beautiful, soulmate; Anastasia, a Russian mail order bride of almost 2 months. Dr. Rustling also spends 12-15 hours each day teaching their adopted 8-year-old Syrian refugee daughter how to read and write.
Well dammit I read most of that article without bothering to look at the writer's name. While it seemed at least semi-plausible, it did seem far fetched to me. The sheer number of anti-Trump protesters would have cost an insane amount of money, so it really wasn't adding up for me. I've officially been Onion News'd apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 03:38 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Well dammit I read most of that article without bothering to look at the writer's name. While it seemed at least semi-plausible, it did seem far fetched to me. The sheer number of anti-Trump protesters would have cost an insane amount of money, so it really wasn't adding up for me. I've officially been Onion News'd apparently.
Good on you for admitting it. An awful lot of people wouldn't, or would try to argue that even if the site is fake, the story is legit.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:04 AM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
If you do a Google search of "soros paying protesters" there is a whole list of articles confirming what the old scumbag is doing.

Are all of those fake, too?

Funny thing that despite his best attempts, the lame-stream media's best attempts, and everyone on left's best attempts -- they still lost. By a lot.

People are sick and tired of the lies and manipulation by left, and in the end it bit them in their sorry asses.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:28 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I think you're being very nice to the OP. To me it looks fake at first click, and I question whether the OP knew it was fake or not.
I didn't know and I apologize for being an @zz.

It looked legit and I didn't see the .co in the address.

Again, my apologies to everyone.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:39 PM

979 posts, read 490,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You have been Onion News'd, that made me laugh, and yes you have, but at least you are aware of it. Actually it has been one of those things that has really bothered me in recent years. The amount of fake news articles is really alarming because they are becoming harder and harder to decipher. I know for a fake that I have been fooled on a few fake articles only to later find out that it wasn't true. This also makes me more cautious of what I read and assume anything I am reading is potentially false until proven otherwise. Which even that can be a bad thing because it forces me to discredit everything I read until proven true even if the story might be true.

I think it is important for us to try to fact check where our news comes from as often as we can, but I think it is also important for us to be aware when we have been duped by fake stories and not let them reflect our opinion.

Hopefully Onion News'd will catch on like the term "google" because I love that term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If you do a Google search of "soros paying protesters" there is a whole list of articles confirming what the old scumbag is doing.

Are all of those fake, too?

Funny thing that despite his best attempts, the lame-stream media's best attempts, and everyone on left's best attempts -- they still lost. By a lot.

People are sick and tired of the lies and manipulation by left, and in the end it bit them in their sorry asses.
Possibly, something like 20-30% of the articles out there are fake, could you imagine how much this would cost for someone to pay protesters at such a wide scale? I would just be hesitant to believe everything you read on the internet. While it might be something you want to be true doesn't make the story true. In this case, I don't think Soros or anyone else is paying protesters to protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies