Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 01:19 AM

1,743 posts, read 990,934 times

Advertisements

Mainstream media report no less!

Quote:
PHOENIX A.Z. (AP) — For months now, rumors have circulated the Internet that individuals were being paid to protest at rallies held by presidential hopeful Donald Trump. Today a man from Trump’s rally in Fountain Hills, Arizona back in March has come forward to say that he was paid to protest the event.

“I was given $3,500 to protest Donald Trump’s rally in Fountain Hills,” said 37-year-old Paul Horner. “I answered a Craigslist ad about a group needing actors for a political event. I interviewed with them and got the part.”
Donald Trump Protester Speaks Out: "I Was Paid $3,500 To Protest Trump's Rally" - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 01:41 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,084,715 times
That's a fake news site.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:42 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
that's a fake news site.
lol

Steve Bannon at work.

There is going to be a lot of "news" like this in the next four years.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Now we know why Trump cozied up with Breitbart and other POS morally bereft. Fake news to negate actual events. Trump took note of the useful idiot birthers and combined that with lessons learned from the power of Faux Newz to further a bull-**** agenda and voila! A snake oil salesman cons his way into The White House.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:02 AM

979 posts, read 490,342 times
We know live in a world of fake news being taken as real news. No one has the time or care to bother to see if a story is real before believing it, just as long as it fits the narrative. We have seen this happen on both sides of the spectrum and I wish people would be outraged about this....but instead Americans just run with these fake news stories, which might as well be real at that point if so many people are believing them.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:15 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,084,715 times
To be fair to the op, the site is abcnews.com.co so it's not unreasonable for them to automatically think it is a legitimate source. There are so many fake news sites out there and threads are started here based on their stories daily. I usually see them used as a source in the Current Events forum.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:25 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,143,889 times
Quote:
That's a fake news site.
Probably no less credible than the actual abc "news" site.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:33 AM

3,882 posts, read 4,533,112 times
Quote:
To be fair to the op, the site is abcnews.com.co so it's not unreasonable for them to automatically think it is a legitimate source. There are so many fake news sites out there and threads are started here based on their stories daily. I usually see them used as a source in the Current Events forum.
Ha ha, yeah, I opened a tab and put in ABC news.com to see if the logos matched and that's when I noticed the ".co".

The reason I was curious was because it read dodgy....

"The best we could do was just yell and punch em’ and stuff.” Downey continued, “I think we did a good job though. I was shouting at them the whole time, calling them losers, telling them to get a job or go back home to mommy’s house; I got a bunch of high-fives from my fellow Trump supporters. It was a great time.”

"Snopes.com, a website known for its biased opinions and inaccurate information they write about stories on the internet in order to generate advertising revenue"

Also what's up with the socks?

Old 11-15-2016, 02:36 AM

979 posts, read 490,342 times
For future reference, if an article says it is written by Jimmy Rustling, it is fake.

Urban Dictionary: Jimmy rustling

Jimmy Rustling, ABC News
Born at an early age, Jimmy Rustling has found solace and comfort knowing that his humble actions have made this multiverse a better place for every man, woman and child ever known to exist. Dr. Jimmy Rustling has won many awards for excellence in writing including fourteen Peabody awards and a handful of Pulitzer Prizes. When Jimmies are not being Rustled the kind Dr. enjoys being an amazing husband to his beautiful, soulmate; Anastasia, a Russian mail order bride of almost 2 months. Dr. Rustling also spends 12-15 hours each day teaching their adopted 8-year-old Syrian refugee daughter how to read and write.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:04 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
I think you're being very nice to the OP. To me it looks fake at first click, and I question whether the OP knew it was fake or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies