Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 07:21 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times

Advertisements

I don't condone the protesters in the streets and I hope they stop soon and channel their energy in more productive ways. BUT I have no doubt if the election had gone the other way, Trump fans would be doing the same thing only they'd bring their guns and shoot up a bunch of government buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 07:21 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
You protested and resisted the entire Obama presidency.

It was 8 years of one long and protracted protest.

You whined and moaned all the way through.

What the hay are you talking about?

Even your representatives, from sheriffs to governors found ways to express their displeasure with Obama.

We never heard the end of it.

But now that your guy is in, you expect quiet compliance and people to "give him a chance"?

Did you ever, once, give Obama a chance?
It's amazing that you think you can draw a parallel here!

I don't remember people rioting, burning and destroying property over Obama's election.
I don't remember people being pulled out of cars and beaten for voting for Obama
I don't remember college kids being asked to leave class after admitting they voted Obama.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:24 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I don't condone the protesters in the streets and I hope they stop soon and channel their energy in more productive ways. BUT I have no doubt if the election had gone the other way, Trump fans would be doing the same thing only they'd bring their guns and shoot up a bunch of government buildings.
Why didn't it happen each time Obama was elected? Let me guess, republicans were too racist to treat his election like if white Hillary had been elected.

Quit trying to essentially condone the behavior of these snowflakes by pretending Republicans would be throwing such tantrums.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:28 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,076 times
That is not a protest. That is an excuse to have a little excitement and fun. Going on a rampage as seen in the above photos reminds me of some sort of party. If these supposed protestors were in another country such as China - they would be put in a torture dungeon or shot in the streets....This is a first world problem...oh we don't like the President elect....so we are going to smash the place up? These people really do not care about America. They want to feel relevant.

I guess the liberal progressive teaching and indoctrination of SELF ESTEEM really did not work...apparently they feel useless and hopeless....that is what happens when you brain wash youth into believing there are no losers in life...everyone wins...sorry....we all lose once in a while.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
That is not a protest. That is an excuse to have a little excitement and fun. Going on a rampage as seen in the above photos reminds me of some sort of party. If these supposed protestors were in another country such as China - they would be put in a torture dungeon or shot in the streets....This is a first world problem...oh we don't like the President elect....so we are going to smash the place up? These people really do not care about America. They want to feel relevant.

I guess the liberal progressive teaching and indoctrination of SELF ESTEEM really did not work...apparently they feel useless and hopeless....that is what happens when you brain wash youth into believing there are no losers in life...everyone wins...sorry....we all lose once in a while.
I really have to wonder how many of them even VOTED!

Old 11-15-2016, 07:40 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:

Even your representatives, from sheriffs to governors found ways to express their displeasure with Obama.

But now that your guy is in, you expect quiet compliance and people to "give him a chance"?

I do not recall a single riot on the scale of what is happening in the U.S. right now in response to Obama being elected so I am not sure what point you are making here.

On another note, what are these wingnuts trying to accomplish? Are they so daft they think that enough of them throw rocks, fight with the cops, set fires and loot enough stores that the United States is going to forget the election results, drop its democratic system altogether and immediately declare Hilary Clinton Führer-in-Chief?

For decades, the United States has jackbooted around the world removing governments and all the while declaring their democratic system was superior because it gave the people a voice, freedom and allowed *anyone* to become President. Well, *anyone* just did. Quit whining about it already. Your fair-weather patriotism and disdain for democracy has been duly noted by the rest of the world.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:45 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
We objected to, and even had peaceful protests by the Tea Party (who cleaned up after themselves), yet were still attacked by the progressives (lied about, falsely accused, and setup by the media) and we even protested BUSH!. Every time we objected, we were told we were racists, bigots, etc... and we were dismissed.
I remember the local Tea party protests down here, and racist signs were not uncommon, and yes, there was fighting. In general the protesters were older than the hot-air youngsters out there today. I was on their email list (because I was a Ron Paul supporter), and had to ask to be removed when they started spamming me with all kinds of lies.

So, some young people are angry, and they protest. They will tire and go home after some time.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:52 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Really? You really think that? Can you cite a single example of when conservatives/Republicans have acted in this manner? Of course you can't. It only happens in fevered imaginations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Every damn election now, the losers have a tantrum.
Can you provide images of people trouncing buildings, cars, and streets after either Obama election?

You can't?

That's what I thought.

Old 11-15-2016, 07:55 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:

Damn! Sounds like the same thing the OTHER side did during Bush's presidency.. Hanging chads anyone?

Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 AM

8,053 posts, read 12,772,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Nobody is paying protesters but I`m not surprised that the Trumpeteers are gullible enough to believe it. They believe that a wall will be built and there will be a Deportation Force and we`re going to become a whiter country. This is going to be fun.
Donald Trump Protester Speaks Out:
Did I write that the protesters were being paid? I stated the protests are being paid for. Are YOU gullible enough to believe that these protesters are just showing up? This is an organized campaign. The organizers are being paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies