Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 06:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
I guess checking out the headlines (and letting them sink in) of articles on his media website aren't enough.
I guess reading every post on here isn't enough for you?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/46206134-post59.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 06:05 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Can you link a few? I'm just curious what you consider racist and anti Semitic.
Well, now that you mention it...

publisher: Breitbardt

headline: Why Equality And Diversity Departments Should Only Hire Rich, Straight White Men

excerpt: Actually, only rich, straight white men should have anything to do with running diversity initiatives.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:10 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Like the lady said, when someone tells you who they are, believe them.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:16 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Well, now that you mention it...

publisher: Breitbardt

headline: Why Equality And Diversity Departments Should Only Hire Rich, Straight White Men

excerpt: Actually, only rich, straight white men should have anything to do with running diversity initiatives.
Did you even read the article, or are you just a headline skimmer who then gets the vapors before passing out from hysterics?

Quote:
Twitter has hired a new head of “diversity” and already some uber-progressive types are whinging because he is white and male. Preposterous! they cry. But they are wrong. Actually, only rich, straight white men should have anything to do with running diversity initiatives.

...Who’s to say, for example, whether women’s rights trump those of Muslims? We can’t just ask the Muslim: of course he’ll say he wants sharia law and for women to cover up in public. Who’s to say whether a company should prioritise hiring more women over more blacks? Or more gays over more crossdressing paraplegic Syrian refugees?

...Such decisions cannot be left in the hands of groups who are advocating for their own interests. They should be left to people without a dog in the fight. In other words, white males, the only people besides East Asians who can handle the theoretical physics and heavy-duty maths required to properly weigh the horrific life experiences of pampered western feminists and Black Lives Matter protestors.

When you allow identity politics to run rampant and you’re too terrified to question someone just because they have a certain skin colour, gender or sexual orientation, you create monsters, such as the national scandal that is taxpayer-funded Gender Studies courses in American universities...
It's truth. You can't tiptoe around because you're too afraid of offending someone, and you can't ask someone who is directly involved in the special interest because they will not be unbaised. You need someone who is not part of any special interest group - and right now, that's white males.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:20 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times
You can't take Breibarts Headlines at face value, anyone's else headlines to be honest, but especially Breibarts.And especially that crazy gay editor they have, he is known to stir up trouble, I actually enjoy his speeches but he really does push it sometimes and I swear he will get killed by some crazy leftist liberal gay transgender man.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
OK, lets chat about this, cause the original poster has a point. But lets talk about whats being said. Yes some uninformed folks talk about breitbarts racist articles. And guess what? There ARE some. Yes, but the racism is a tangent generally.
An Establishment Conservative's Guide To The Alt-Right - Breitbart
That right there is a example. Its not terribly subtle, talks a LOT about "culture" rather then race, but the culture is clear.
Quote:
There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence. Skinheads, by and large, are low-information, low-IQ thugs driven by the thrill of violence and tribal hatred. The alternative right are a much smarter group of people — which perhaps suggests why the Left hates them so much. They’re dangerously bright.
Notice the one thing that doesn't stand out? Its about racism.

Thats a quote from the article. Now yes, I know, its explaining the alt right, its not racist, they are. And keep reading how they spread hatred.

And then realize, Breitbart is famous for being a great place for the alt-right. So they aren't your normal skinhead racists, they are the SMART ones. That use words like "culture", and do their best to anger anyone who isn't on their side.

Breitbart (the guy) was not someone I liked, but to give him credit, I suspect he would be horrified by all of this.

So, Breitbart (the online site) is a well known haven for these folks. This isnt some massive secret, and some of the comment areas are....just vile. You dont get to run it, and then say "Oh yeah I know a ton of those guys come here because we ban folks who talk against them, but that doesn't make me complicit in any way" is a cop out.

I notice the original poster was ALSO very careful not to mention misogyny. Hmmm..wonder why.

Bannon doesn't get a free pass for being a careful smart racist. He well and truly is a horrible human being who has moved racism back into the light instead of slowly dying in the dark in my opinion. And thats the point. And he is more terrifying BECAUSE he isnt one of the dumb racists. The guys incredibly intelligent and driven.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:07 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
No one can oppose the leftist agenda without being labeled a "racist."
It's the default pejorative and the first arrow drawn from their quiver.
It falls on the accused to prove a negative. Classic Alinsky tactics.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:57 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not shooting the messenger, but these are not legit links. Heavy.com is totally in the liberal tank. Never even heard of romper room dot com or good is

On the flip side, even though it is positive, I don't put much credence in to what Cosmo says. LOL, that makes me laugh....cosmo is what you read if you want to find 10 stupid things they think will make men wild about you. hahahahahahahahaha, I'm dying.

Anyway, motherjones is another I give no credit to...

Again, I'm not shooting the messenger, merely giving my opinion on certain links.

It is up to those who made the claim that Bannon is a racist to come up with indisputable proof that he is. Thus far, on this thread and others, not a single person has been able to supply even one. You would think that if "everyone knows he's a racist" and he's written many racist articles, it would be very easy to prove.

All we get is "because I said he is".
That's exactly what the Heavy article does. Two of its five "facts" are that the SPLC says he's racist and that Mother Jones says Breitbart is racist. After reading that article, he clearly hasn't done anything wrong because they have nothing to back up their facts.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:01 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
So 10 pages later, we have no source, example, or other tangible proof that Bannon is indeed a white supremacist.

Pretty much the outcome I expected. He appears to be guilty of nothing more than aligning with the "wrong" side. That, and being a successful businessman. Oh the horror.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:14 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
So 10 pages later, we have no source, example, or other tangible proof that Bannon is indeed a white supremacist.

Pretty much the outcome I expected. He appears to be guilty of nothing more than aligning with the "wrong" side. That, and being a successful businessman. Oh the horror.

Actually the ex-editor of Breibart resigned over in part over Breibart News embracing white supremacists under Bannon's watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies